Huawei Mate 20 Lite is a stripped variant of the Mate 20. Huawei is one of the big names in the smartphone scene and after toppling Apple in smartphone sales this last quarter, it gives us a glimpse at what the Mate 20 series will look like.
Unlike normal tradition, where the Lite version will be released after or at the same time with the ordinary model.
The Huawei Mate 20 Lite preludes the upcoming Mate 20 series. Going the flagship way, the smartphone is enveloped by glass on both sides and comes with the trending notch.
Where to Buy Huawei Mate 20 Lite
Huawei Mate 20 Lite Key Specs and Features
- 6.3-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2340 X 1080 pixels (409 ppi)
- Android 8.1 Oreo (EMUI 8.2)
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710 CPU with 4GB RAM
- 64GB built-in storage, up to 256GB with a memory card
- Dual 20MP + 2MP rear camera and a dual 24MP + 2MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Face Unlock
- Fingerprint scanner (rear)
- 3, 750mAh non removable Li-ion battery
Design and Display
How does the smartphone look? The answer to that is it looks very much like a flagship and it has the typical notch and glass build seen in these set of smartphones.
There is a metal frame holding it together which is fairly slim by the way making the smartphone more attractive.
The rear has two cameras each surrounded by parallel lining with a fingerprint sensor directly below it. It also features the now common notched display which houses the dual front cameras speaker and other sensors.
Even though the Huaweu Mate 20 Lite looks very much like a flagship, the display is not really that flagship quality but close. If you’re interested in a large display, it has that covered with a screen spanning 6.3-inch from corner to corner. On the other hand, the colours appears fairly vibrant for a smartphone with Full HD+ resolution.
Battery and Camera
You’ve got things in good hands when it comes to the size of the battery on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite but then you must consider the large display on it.
It takes much power to light up a larger display, however, that should be no problem for the 3, 750 mAh battery on the phone. Needless to say, there is fast charge too for quicker battery refill
When it comes to taking picture, there is a camera galore on the smartphone. It features a dual camera on both the front and back making it a quad-cam set up.
Both end have similar camera pixels, you’ve got a 24MP primary camera at the front while the rear as a 20MP main snapoer and there is a 2MP sensor for depth focus on both sides too.
Hardware and Software
There are better chipset that would have matched the premium look of th smartphone but jnstead it comes with an HiSilicon Kirin 710 processor. In addition, it also features a Mali-G54 GPU for sorting out graphics.
A 4GB RAM space is what you would get from the smartphone and 64GB space for storing your files. The limit to expanding the storage space is 256GB in case you want more. EMUI 8.2 skin is layered on the Android 8.1 Oreo you have on the smartphone.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite Price and Availability
Huawei Mate 20 Lite price in Nigeria starts at around 76,000 Naira. You can buy the smartphone at online stores in your country.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Mate 20 Lite:
- Platform: Android 8.1 Oreo (EMUI 8.2)
- Processor: Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Sapphire Blue, Black, Platinum gold
- Dimension: 158.3 x 75.3 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 172g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2340 X 1080 pixels 409 ppi)
- Screen Protection:
- Rear Camera: Dual 20MP + 2MP camera, 2160p [email protected] 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 24MP + 2MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (3CA) Cat 12 600/150Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- Video Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3, 750mAh non removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes