Following the launch event in Cupertino, California at the Steve Jobs Theatre in the just completed Apple Park new iPhones was released. Among the trio of new iPhones released comes the new iPhone XS which looks very much like last year’s iPhone X.
In fact, the two smartphones can not be easily distinguished from each other.The iPhone XS comes with the next generation Bionic chipset, a tad bit longer battery life and improved camera among other upgrades. There’s the notch on top and the overall build is maintained with not much of a visual distinguishing factor.
iPhone XS Key Specs and Features
- 5.8-inch, Super Retina OLED; capacitive touchscreen 2436 x 1125 pixels (458 ppi)
- iOS 12
- A12 Bionic Neural CPU and a 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/245GB built-in storage, with no support for memory card
- Dual 12MP + 12MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera
- IP68 dust and water proof
- Qi wireless charging
- Face Unlock
- Non removable Li-ion battery (30 minutes longer than iPhone X)
Design and Display
There is really not much of a difference between the iPhone XS and its predecessor. According to the naming, it suggests it is only a slight change in build style from last year’s smartphone.
There is the bottom firing speaker with charging port and the other speaker in the notch to give a stereo effect. Also sitting in the notch is the camera and better sensors for a great experience.
Over to the side, there’s a a metallic frame which attract smudges and glass finish on both sides. You can now get the iPhone XS in a gold finish variant which was not available for the former iPhone X and it looks amazing!
Despite the iPhone XS having the same display size and resolution as the iPhone X of last year. You can not help but notice the name tag of ‘Super Retina OLED display’ that it comes with.
As mentioned earlier, the size remains the same at 5.8-inch which somehow strikes the balance between big and small. It also has oleophobic coating which prevents smudging and happens to be scratch resistant too.
Even if the resolution of 2436 x 1125 pixels is maintained, the HDR10 and Dolby Vision is still supported but with an additional 60% boost to the dynamic range. There is the 3D Touch display and the True-tone display which improves the clarity of bright as well as dim visuals without driving the brightness up.
Battery and Camera
About the capacity of the battery on the iPhone XS, details was not revealed only that the smartphone will be having a longer battery life.
However, you don’t get much time extra on the smartphone as it offers you only 30 minutes more battery life than the iPhone X which has 2, 700mAh of battery juice.
The reason for this is most likely to be the new chipset which is a more power efficient alternative. It will be retaining its wireless charging ability as well as quick charge even if it doesn’t come with the cable
The photography side of the flagship is as it is on the one before it, which is nothing short of splendid. Sticking with the pixel structure on the former flagship, the iPhone XS now has an improved picture quality thanks to the new processing system inside.
At the back, you have the repetition of a dual 12MP camera arranged in the same fashion as before. The front has a 7MP Truedepth camera which is also responsible in 3D mapping for Face ID.
Included is in-app editing which can tweak the background by changing the blur even after the shot. You get to play with features like Animoji, Memoji, optical image stabilization, 2x zoom with the telephoto lens and wide angle camera for better low light photography.
Hardware and Software
Pioneering its new Bionic chipset for this year, the iPhone XS is better and faster with a promised jump in performance. The new Apple Neural processor gives you one of the most powerful processing speed in the smartphone scene with top of the line graphic processing power. Performance is smooth and loading apps is snappy with no delay same as playing games.
There is a 4GB RAM on board with a storage option ranging from 64GB to 512GB, a storage option that was not available in the formal flagship. There’s the iOS 12 on the smartphone too with navigation and improved gestures.
iPhone XS Price and Availability
The iPhone XS became available for pre-order on September 14 and global sale began on September 21. The 64GB variant will be selling for about $999 (363, 000 Naira), 256GB for $1, 149 (417, 000 Naira) and the 512GB for $1, 349 (490, 000 Naira).
iPhone XS Price in Nigeria
Below is a price breakdown of the iPhone XS in Nigeria. You can choose between the 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB models. Here are their price range below:
- 64GB model – ₦445,000 to ₦580,000
- 256GB model – ₦479,000 to ₦590,000
- 512GB model – ₦600,000 to ₦750,000
- For latest prices, Click Here
iPhone XS Price in Kenya
Below is iPhone XS price in Kenya. You can choose between the 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB model. Here are their price range below:
- 64GB model – KSh 124,000 to KSh 135,000
- 256GB model – KSh 145,000 to KSh 153,000
- 512GB model – KSh 170,200 to KSh 200,000
- For latest prices, Click Here
iPhone XS Price in Ghana
Below is a price breakdown of the iPhone XS in Ghana. Here are their price range below:
- 64GB model – 6,390 GH₵ to 6,550 GH₵
- 256GB model – 7,290 GH₵ to 7,950 GH₵
- For latest prices, Click Here
iPhone XS Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPhone XS:
- Platform: iOS 12
- Processor: Octa-core Apple Bionic
- GPU: Apple GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- Dimension: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 177g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.8-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1125 x 2436 pixels (458 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP + 12MP camera, [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps,
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, 2x zoom, Animoji, Memoji,stereo sound rec
- Front Camera: 7MP camera, 1080p [email protected]/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB 2.0 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- Video Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: non removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes