Every business must have a strong online marketing strategy. Several tactics have been proven to be effective in helping companies improve their performance.
These strategies include utilizing affiliate and associate programs, partnering with digital advertising platforms and marketplaces like Click2sell.co, Taboola, etc., using email marketing, paid pay per click ads (PPC), and others. Many companies are always on the lookout for the best digital marketing channels to promote their brands.
If you are looking for new channels to market your business or brand, Pinterest is a great option. A solid Pinterest marketing strategy can increase brand awareness and sales significantly.
Research tells us that over the past two years, there has been a 75% increase in images pinned on the platform, numbering to about 175 billion in the past few months. Also, 90% of weekly users make purchase decisions based on what they see on Pinterest.
During your advertising campaign planning process, it can be challenging to map out your strategy
Most Common Mistakes People Do While Marketing Over Pinterest:
To help you do that, here are the top must-avoid mistakes when marketing on Pinterest:
1. Not writing a good pin description for your images:
If you are going to pin images, it probably won’t effective to publish them without a description. Without a proper description, the pins will not show up on Pinterest searches.
A well-written description that includes the main keyword you want to target will significantly increase the click-through rate (CTR) to your site. Pinterest allows up to 500 characters for each board description.
Here are a few important guidelines on how your description should be written:
- Include several keywords.
- State the problem you are attempting to solve.
- Mention your post as the solution to the problem.
- Add relevant hashtags.
- Include a call-to-action.
2. Pinning only your products:
Traditional marketers tend only to pin their products. However, Pinterest is not all about continually showing your products and services to your followers and target audience. Your page shouldn’t look like a product brochure.
It should be treated as an indirect and creative way to showcase your products and also provide inspiration and educational value to people. As a rule, your pins should be around 80% educational and informative ideas and 20% marketing messages.
Here are some guidelines in pinning content:
- Make sure that your pins offer real value to potential customers.
- Do some research to find out what your customers need and want.
- Your pins should provide solutions to help solve people’s concerns or problems.
3. Not pinning Regularly:
One thing that will set you apart as a credible business or brand is when you post pins regularly on Pinterest. Consistency is important. If followers don’t hear from you in a while, they will likely forget about you.
The recommendation is that you pin relevant content at least five times a week, minimum. Research tells us that the best hours to pin images are between 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, around 8:00 pm, and 1:00 am. There are a few automation tools that can help you schedule your pins, such as Tailwind, Viraltag, and others.
4. Not Including The Company Website And Business Profile:
Your Pinterest account should be registered under a Business Account, with a complete detailed profile and a branded logo. This will make your business or company more credible, and it gives you the best opportunity to tell your company’s story.
You also need to make sure that users will be able to find your site on Pinterest by adding your website URL under the “About” section of your page.
5. Other Facts That Makes Pinterest Fails:
- Zero efforts in socializing.
- No reliable plan to occupy popular pins related to the marketing campaign.
- No measurement and analysis of the business will automatically turn you back in the race.
- No promotional branding via other social account connectivity such as facebook, youtube, Instagram, etc.
- Your planning lacks in sharing strategy that will, unfortunately, drive your brand business with less or zero popularity.
- Not sticking to the right topics while boarding over Pinterest enables your brand development in better business.
Advantages Of Pinterest Marketing For Your Brand Business:
Syncs With Other Social Platforms Easily: This offers more of tags and popularity that relatively go with marketing.
You can use your Pinterest post and pins over other social media logins such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and more. It will offer more engagement of online audience to reach your brand easily.
Endless Of Link Opportunities: Inbound linking is quite tricky yet important, as offers reliable customership within the trust as prior.
Pinterest provides plenty of legitimate links with every board pins of your brand. This gives the audience a chance to copy and share the link over other social media platforms, offering more awareness about your brand and business.
Specifically Targeted By Niches: Pinterest is an organized platform that explicitly holds more niches than Twitter or any other socializing platform.
This hyper niche activity offers you to generate a more targeted market and audience over the online spectrum. You can easily go with pins, tags, hashtags for easy search, to value your brand.
As all are not yet inherited with levering advantages, some significant demerits are always there. However, when it comes to brand boosting and business making over the online market, then Pinterest plays an important role.
As we have added many avoided aspects that make your branding swoops down. Indeed, we hope that our mentioned advantages will let you get the best of branding and business in quicker and more accessible means.
- Build an e-commerce Website
- Facebook Marketing for Businesses
- How to design a Website
- Best Web Hosting
- 6 Reasons to Build a Website for your Business
- Instagram Marketing Tips
- Instagram Engagement Tips
- How to Start a Blog
- The Value of Email in Marketing
- Growing Your Small Business
- Important Email Marketing Trends
- What is Bounce Rate
- What are Retweets