The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is a smartphone designed for Xiaomi Smartphone fans who desire something cheaper than the Xiaomi Mi 9 and the Xiaomi Mi 9T. It is an entry-level device with a lot of exciting features. It takes after its elder siblings in some aspects. In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs and Price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (403 ppi), 800 nits brightness, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage and supports Memory Card up to 256GB
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (under Display)
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4030 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite was built to impress customers who desire a smartphone that looks modern and yet falls in the category low-cost phones.
The smartphone may not feature the best of the best design, considering the designs we have seen from Xiaomi this year, but when placed side by side smartphones at the same price point, you begin to appreciate the Xaiomi Mi 9 Lite.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite has a plastic build. Due to the caliber of a mobile phone it falls under, having a glass and metal build would alter the price, making it inaccessible to the category of people it was intended.
On the rear, there is a holographic design, with a colorful spiral line drawn from the top of the phone to the bottom, fading as it reaches the edges.
The setup on the rear and front is exactly the same as what we had on the Xiaomi Mi 9. The holographic design with Spiral lines makes a difference.
The rear covering houses a triple camera system, a camera flash, text describing the camera details briefly and the Xiaomi branding.
Upfront on the Android phone has a very familiar setup. Familiar due to the fact that many smartphones before the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite have featured this setup.
There is a display with a drop notch, and a noticeable bottom bezel, that is forgivable, as long you didn’t own a flagship device before now.
On the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, we have a 6.39 inch AMOLED display, with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 403 ppi.
Under this display, there is an optical fingerprint sensor, that is geared towards helping you secure data stored.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite comes in three color variants. The variants include Black, white and blue.
One of the reasons I love the Xiaomi smartphone brand is its ability to deliver solid camera hardware. This fact holds for a lot of Xiaomi Smartphones under many price points.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite may not be high-end by any means, but they churn out great pictures in good condition. They are also a unique feature in a smartphone of this caliber.
The smartphone features a triple camera system housing a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth sensor.
For Selfies, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is equipped with a 32MP camera with an aperture of F/2.0. There is no selfie camera flash here. This device makes use of screen flash to brighten selfies.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is no flagship, rather it’s a mid-range device equipped with specs that let you do a more than basic tasks. You have solid specs that should let you surf the net with ease, play games and lots more without lag.
The smartphone is equipped with a 10 nm Octa-core Snapdragon 710 processor, as opposed to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 featured in its big brother the Xiaomi Mi 9.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor has processing speeds of 2.2GHz max and 1.7GHz.
For graphics, the smartphone features an Andreno 616 graphics processing unit. This GPU aids the processor in rendering games playable on this smartphone.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also features a 6GB Ram, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, with support for up to 256GB of Micro-SD storage.
There is also a 4030mAh battery on this device and an 18W fast charge mechanism, that ensures your smartphone gets filled quickly.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C version 2.0 port. The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also features a Dual-band wifi system, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0.
The smartphone has support for band 3, 7 and 28. This means you will be able to use Glo, Airtel, MTN and 9Mobile 4G sims on this device.
As for 5G connectivity, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite doesn’t support 5G network. You won’t be able to use 5G internet connectivity on this device, now or anytime in the future.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite price in Nigeria should start at around 135,000 Naira. Price starts at $242.99 at leading online stores.
It is available for purchase in retails stores near you as well as in online retail stores.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, 2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 360 Gold & 1.7 GHz hexa-core Kryo 360 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, and white
- Dimension: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 179 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 800 nits, HDR
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (primary, wide) F/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide)+ 2MP (depth) Camera, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.0, [email protected] Video, HDR
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X:
- 3G WCDMA: 850/ 900/ 2100 / 1900/
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 28(700,) 20(800),5(850), 8(900), 4(1700), 3(1800 +), 2(1900), 1(2100), 40(2300), 38(2600)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes,
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4030 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Battery Charging