The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G offers all the features that were absent in all its predecessors, in the Mi 9 Series. It is a mobile phone designed for the enthusiasts that desire nothing but the best of internet speeds, without sacrificing the essentials of a great smartphone. In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G specs and price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 10 (Pie), MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ 7nm
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB/ 512GB Internal Storage
- 48MP + 12MP + 16MP Tri Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE and 5G
- Fingerprint sensor (under Display)
- 30W Fast Wireless Charging
- 40W Fast Charging Capacity
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 4000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
Design and Display
Design-wise, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G seems to be an identical twin to Xiaomi Mi 9 and the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro.
The Xiaomi device looks exactly like the Xiaomi Mi 9 and the Mi 9 Pro, with a very minute difference. Lay both smartphones on a table and you are probably going to mistake one for the other.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is made up of a blend of glass and metal. On the rear of this device, we have a curved back that holds a holographic pattern. There is a color shade shift when the mobile phone is tilted.
The rear covering of the smartphone is home to a triple camera system, a camera flash, the MI branding, and the 5G branding. This inscribed 5G text and the red ring that surrounds the first camera on the rear of this device, are the only things that send signals of being a different Xiaomi Smartphone.
Flip the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G to get a frontal view, and you still have a reminiscence of the Xiaomi Mi 9. The setup here is the same as what we had on the Xiaomi Mi 9.
Upfront we have a super AMOLED display 6.39 inches display, with a screen density of 403 ppi. This display has a notch in it. The bottom bezel has been reduced to the barest minimum. This display is also home to an optical fingerprint sensor, that sits underneath.
When it comes to colors, the cell phone doesn’t have many variants. The device only comes in Dream white and Titanium black.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G are also a reminiscence of what we had on the Xiaomi Mi 9 and Mi 9 pro. There is a triple camera system, that houses cameras with different features. There is also a selfied camera upfront that makes use of a screen flash.
Similar to the cameras featured in its predecessors, the cameras on the device promise crisp images and awesome video recording when photos and videos are shot in favorable conditions.
The triple rear camera system on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is home to a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.8, a Telephoto camera with an aperture of F/2.2 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of F/2.2.
This rear camera system lets you capture content in HDR and also panorama. You also shoot 2160p videos at 30 and 60 FPS, shoot 1080p videos at 30/120/240 and 960FPS. You have solid hardware for shooting videos on a smartphone.
For selfies, the premium android phone features a 20MP front-facing shooter, with an aperture of F/2.2. This camera lets you capture content in HDR. You can also capture 1080p videos with frame rates as high as 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Similarities continue. The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G and the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro share the same internal hardware configurations. Both smartphones feature the same processor, the same RAM configurations and the same internal storage configurations.
The handset features a 7 nm Octa-core Snapdragon 855+ processor, with clock speeds ranging from 2.96GHz max, 2.42 GHz and 1.8 GHz. This variable processor speed ensures this mobile phone associates the needed power for each task, helping minimize battery usage.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G has two variants for Ram and 3 variants for Internal storage. Purchasing this device, you have the option of choosing either the 8GB or 12GB RAM variant and for internal storage, you have the option of choosing either 128GB, 1256GB or 512GB of internal storage.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G features a non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po battery. To facilitate fast charge, the Xiaomi 9 Pro supports fast charging of 40W and Fast wireless charging of 30W. It can be used to charge other devices, using its reverse wireless charging, which charges at 10W.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G runs the MIUI 11 interface on top of the Android 10 operating system. As at the time this article was written, whether or not the cell phone would be receiving future updates wasn’t known.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is one of the few Xiaomi smartphones that has got no headphone jack fever. There isn’t a 3.5mm headphone jack on this device. To play music via headphones, you will need to get a USB-C headphone or a wireless headphone.
This smartphone features a USB Type C port version 2.0. There is also dual-band wifi connectivity on this device, as well as Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Being a 5G enabled device that it is, Xiaomi says the Mi 9 Pro 5G is capable of downloaded files at 1.78Gps. Should it be as they have said, you should be able to download your favorite movies and games in a matter of minutes.
Sure 5G connectivity is the main reason you will be purchasing this device, but in the absence, of 5G connectivity in your area, you would be able to use 4G LTE connectivity. If you are in Nigeria, you would be able to use 9Mobile, MTN, and Airtel 4G LTE connectivity. Glo 4G LTE connectivity is not supported here.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Price and Availability
As at the time, this article was written, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G price in Nigeria starts around 187,460 Naira, which is about 520 Dollars.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is currently available for purchase and can be purchased from offline retail stores near you, as well as online retail stores that ship goods to your region.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Processor (2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.8 GHz quad-core Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Dream White, Titanium Black
- Dimension: 157.2 x 74.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display, 1080 x2340 pixels (403 ppi), DCI-P3, HDR10
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (primary, wide) F/1.8 + 12MP (telephoto) F/2.2 + 16MP (ultrawide) F/2.2 Tri Camera, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, 2x Optical Zoom, HDR, Panorama
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, F/2.0, HDR, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850/ 900/ 1700 / 1900/ 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: 1(2100) 2(1900) 3(1800) 4(1700) 5(850) 7(2600) 8(900) 12(700) 20(800) 34(2000) 38(2600) 39(1900) 40(2300) 41(2500)
- 5G: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 40W Fast Battery Charging