The Xiaomi Mi CC9e is a lower variant of the Xiaomi Mi CC9. Although both mobile phones are mid-range, it packs less powerful hardware. Although both smartphones may appear similar, there are disparities that play a huge role in the price difference. In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Mi CC9e specs and price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi CC9e
Xiaomi Mi CC9e Key Specs & Features
- 6.1-inch, Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1560 pixels (286 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage and supports memory card up to 256GB
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Tri rear camera and 32MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (under Display)
- 4000 mAh non-removable Li-ion Battery
The Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi CC9e takes after its big brother the Xiaomi Mi CC9 in terms of design. The Aesthetics features are actually the same. Place both smartphones side and side and you have two Xiaomi smartphones that look alike.
Featured in its build, is a mixture of glass and metal. There is metal in front and back, and a metal frame in-between.
The rear of the handset is home to a triple rear camera, a camera flash, and the Xiaomi Logo.
Upfront on the Xiaomi Mi CC9e there is a 6.1-inch super AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch. This display has a screen resolution of 720 x 1560 and a screen density of 286 ppi.
There isn’t much to choose from when it comes to selecting a color variant, as the Xiaomi Mi CC9e only comes in three colors. These colors include Black, Blue, and white.
Despite being a lower variant, the Xiaomi Mi CC9e retains the same camera hardware as its big brother. It features a triple camera setup on the rear and a single camera up front for selfies.
On the rear, there is a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture of F/2.4.
This set of cameras lets you photos in HDR, Panorama, shoot 2160p videos at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60/120fps, and 720p at 960fps.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9e makes use of a 32MP front-facing camera for selfies. This camera has an aperture of F/2.0. This camera shoots photos in HDR and 1080p videos at frame rates up to 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Its design and camera system may be a replica of what we had on the Xiaomi Mi CC9, but its things get different when it comes to hardware specs.
The smartphone features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 710 processor featured on the Xiaomi Mi CC9. This difference in processors makes it a low-cost phone when compared to the Xiaomi Mi CC9.
This processor is has clocked speeds of 2.0GHz and 1.8GHz. The processor clocks 2.0GHz at max and 1.8GHz on idle.
It also houses a 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, with up to 256GB for Micro-SD expansion.
Powering the Xiaomi Mi CC9e is a 4030mAh battery just like the Xiaomi CC9. 18W fast charge is also supported here.
On the software side of things, the phone runs the MIUI 10 user-interface, on top of the Android 9 (Pie) operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9e features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C version 2.0 port. There is also Dual-band wifi system, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0 here.
The handset has support for 4G LTE Network Band 3, this means you will only be able to use 9Mobile and Airtel 4G network on this smartphone in Nigeria.
Please note that the Xiaomi CC9e doesn’t have support for 5G network. You won’t be able to use 5G internet connectivity on this device, now or anytime in the future.
Xiaomi Mi CC9e Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi CC9e price in Nigeria should start at around 67,962 Naira, which is around $188.72.
The Xiaomi CC9e is available for purchase in retails stores near you as well as in online retail stores.
Xiaomi Mi CC9e Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi CC9e:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, 2.0 GHz quad-core Kryo 260 Gold & 1.8 GHz quad-core Kryo 260 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, and white
- Dimension: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 179 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 800 nits, HDR
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (primary, wide) F/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide)+ 2MP (depth) Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.0,Video, HDR
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X:
- 3G WCDMA: 850/ 900/ 2100 / 1900/
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1(2100) ,5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 41(2500), 40(2300), 38(2600)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4030 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Battery Charging