For the first time, Samsung has finally remembered the Blue-collar workers. Those with a broken screen. The Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro is a rugged smartphone from Samsung that will survive an accidental drop.
Where to Buy Samsung Xcover FieldPro
It’s a phone you don’t mind making trouble with. A device that will fit perfectly on any palm and pocket. Apart from the portability, it’s also has a massive battery capacity on the inside.
This means, even government officials like the military can use the phone. If you are looking for fancy or an Apple-like iPhone SE, you should look somewhere else. This phone is not beautiful nor attractive.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro Key Specs & Features
- 5.1 inch Touchscreen, 1440 x 2560 pixels (576 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Exynos 9810 CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB inbuilt Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 12 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP68)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- 4G LTE Network
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Just as mentioned above, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro is a rugged device and as such it’s built to be tough and strong. The body is well covered with the combination of Titanium, Rubber, and Polycarbonate.
The panel house the fingerprint scanner, the camera, and the LED flash. It measures 158.5 x 80.7 x 14.2 mm in dimensions and weight 256 grams. Although it’s a small and portable device, the body is heavy.
The Galaxy Xcover FieldPro also has both dust and water-resistant of IP68. On the front, you will get some thick and visible bezels both on the top and bottom of the screen.
The top hosts the front camera and other sensors, while the bottom is where the three buttons are located. It has a screen display size of 5.1 inches with a Capacitive touchscreen.
The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio and 576 PPI density which will offer clear visuals.
On the camera department, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro has a dual-camera set-up. The primary shooter is 12 MP featuring Triple-LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can also shoot 1080p videos at 30 seconds per frame.
The front camera is 8 MP with HDR and it also shoots the same video resolution as the primary camera.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood is Samsung’s own Exynos 9810 chipset based on 10 nm process technology. The Octa-core processor is handling its assignment at a maximum speed of 2.7 GHz.
Offering a backup is Mali-G72 MP18 graphics with an Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box. The rugged phone is blessed with 32GB of internal storage and 3GB RAM.
Samsung understands that the memory won’t be enough for many, that’s why they make a way for an SDcard. With an external memory, you can still expand the memory up to 1 TB.
Battery and Network
Another top selling point of this phone is the massive non-removable battery capacity of 4500 mAh. There is no news if the juicer has support for fast charging technology or not.
However, with the 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, you can still refill the battery in a few minutes.
Samsung Galaxy XCover FiedPro has a single SIM with 4G LTE Network for fast browsing and downloads. Other features on the handset include WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, NFC, and other regulars.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro pricing is not yet available in Nigeria, however, it’s expected to cost around $394.
This is roughly about 145,000 Naira in Nigeria. In Kenya, it’s about 41,000 KES and 2200 GHS in Ghana. The handset is available in Black color only.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Exynos 9810 (10 nm), Octa-core (2.7 GHz quad-core Mongoose M3 & 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 158.5 x 80.7 x 14.2 mm
- Weight: 256 g
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Micro-SIM) or Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.1 inches, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 576 PPI, Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Rear Camera Features: Triple-LED flash, PDAF, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, HDR, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 1 TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 600 Mbps
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes