The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite is the affordable version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and the Galaxy Note 10+ that was announced last year. The handset is the lite version of the flagship announced alongside the equally less premium variant of the Galaxy S10, aptly named the Galaxy S10 Lite.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
It was announced by the South Korea company alongside the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite. It’s built and design to be cheaper. Although the company is yet to announce the pricing, however, we expect it to be more affordable than the Note 10.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Key Specs & Features
- 6.7-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED Display 1080 x 2400 pixels and 394 PPI
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 9810 (10nm) CPU
- 6GB RAM / 8 GB RAM
- 128 GB inbuilt Storage, up to 1 TB SDcard
- 12 MP + 12 MP + 12 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- Samsung Pay
- Samsung DeX (Desktop experience support)
- Fast Battery Charging
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
At a glance, the new lite version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is heavy when it comes to innovation, bringing many of the premium features of the Galaxy Note 10 into one package offering the best experience.
The smooth panel features the camera modules with an LED flash, while below the panel is the branded logo. It measures 163.7 x 76.1 x 8.7 mm in dimensions and weight 199 grams.
On the front, the punch hole is where the front shooter is. It also offers a 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O display, slightly smaller than the Galaxy Note 10+’s 6.8-inch QHD+ display size.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite makes use of Super AMOLED Plus display panel and it carries a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a tall 20:9 ratio and 394 PPI density.
The smartphone also has an Always-on display and HDR support. There is also display protection as well to prevent the screen from scratch and crack.
In terms of camera configuration, the maker wisely equipped the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite with an impressive triple rear camera. The primary shooter is 12-megapixel which is from Galaxy Note 8. Although it doesn’t have a variable aperture, however, it promises to take Wider, easier, and more immersive shots.
The second 12-megapixel telephoto f/2.4 2x optical zoom sensor is from the Galaxy Note 9 which is for clear, stable shots, even in the low light situation. It also does have the 12-megapixel f/2.2 super wide-angle camera like the Galaxy Note 10/10+ which is used to zoom in on a subject in distance without compromising the picture quality.
Selfies lovers will get a front shooter of a 32-megapixel f/2.2 sensor. Both cameras are capable of shooting 4K video quality and HDR support.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite is blessed with an Exynos 9810 processor which is the same chip used by the Galaxy Note 9 launched in 2018. Despite the old SOC, the Exynos 9810 is powerful enough to compete with the top flagship SoCs around.
The processing speed is 2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 which is capable of handling anytime you throw at it with the help of 8GB RAM on the inside. Furthermore, the Note Lite also has a variant with 6GB RAM. Both RAM has the same inbuilt storage of 128GB which is expandable via micro SD up to 1 TB.
For gaming and graphics, the smartphone carries Mali-G72 MP18 and it runs on the latest Android 10 based One UI 2.0 out of the box.
Battery and Network
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite has a non-removable battery capacity of 4,500 mAh which is bigger than the Note 10 that comes with 4,300 mAh. The juicer also support supports 25W super-fast wired charging.
It comes with dual SIM that has 4G LTE Network for fast browsing and downloads. Other connectivity options on the inside include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS for navigation and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
For security, you will get a fingerprint sensor embedded in the display and a facial recognition as well. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite features Bixby, Samsung Pay, and AR Emoji.
The S-Pen which the Galaxy Note series is known for is also available on this one. The S-Pen has a Bluetooth Low-Energy support but lacks a 6-axis sensor, so you can’t do any of the cool gestures you can do with the Galaxy Note 10 S Pen.
However, Samsung did add the Text Export feature which allows users to transfer handwritten notes into text for quick sharing.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite price in Nigeria starts at around 200,000 Naira. You can buy it at leading global online stores for around $450.
Price in Kenya starts at around 50,000 KSh.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite comes in Aura Black, Aura Glow, and Aura Red colors. The device is expected to be available later this month.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 9810 (2.7 GHz quad-core Mongoose M3 & 1.7 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8 GB RAM
- Colours: Aura Glow, Aura Black, Aura Red
- Dimension: 163.7 x 76.1 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM) or Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels and 394 PPI, Always On Display, HDR
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide) + 12 MP (telephoto) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Triple Camera, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps (gyro-EIS), [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, HDR, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 1 TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes