The Huawei P40 Lite E is basically the Huawei Y7P bearing a different model name. You have got the same specs and design. To further buttress this fact, we explore the Huawei P40 Lite E specs and price.
Where to Buy Huawei P40 Lite E
Huawei P40 Lite E Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels (269 PPI)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) (AOSP + HMS), EMUI 9.1
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710F Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage, Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Reader (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Design and Display
Speaking about the design, the Huawei P40 Lite E bears a chassis design identical to that of the Huawei Y7P. Telling them apart by just meer physical appearance as the only parameter is going to be a herculean task.
Both smartphones also feature the same chassis build. You have got plastic on the rear and the frame and glass upfront, which is as a result of the presence of its display upfront.
This Android smartphone features a 6.39 IPS LCD display, which is home to a punch hole that houses a front-facing camera. This display has a screen resolution of 720 x 1560 Pixels and a screen density of 269 PPI.
On the rear panel, there is an array of triple cameras, a camera flash, a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and the Huawei Logo which indicates its a Huawei Smartphone.
The Huawei P40 Lite E comes in two color variants, which may end up being a dilemma if you don’t like any of them. However, color options available include Aurora Blue and black.
The Huawei P40 Lite E houses a set of cameras that also bears the same capacity as that of the Huawei Y7P. Its the same triple cameras and a single front-facing camera.
The triple camera system on the rear comprises of a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.0
This triple camera system is capable of shooting photos in HDR, Panorama and 1080p videos at 30fps.
Upfront, there is an 8MP single selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting photos in HDR and also 1080p videos capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Huawei P40 Lite E may not be as powerful as the Huawei P40 Lite but does offer a capable mid-range hardware combo that is capable of doing a lot.
It is equipped with an Octa-Core Hi-Silicon Kirin 710F processor, a Mali-G51 MP4 graphics processing unit, a 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, the Huawei P40 Lite E runs Emotion UI 9.1 on top of last year’s Android 9 (Pie) operating system. Whether or not this smartphone will have the Android 10 upgrade wasn’t known as at the time this article was written.
The Huawei P40 Lite E features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Micro USB Port, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Huawei P40 Lite E is capped at 4G LTE, as there is no 5G support. This means that downloads and streams will be limited to 4G speeds.
Huawei P40 Lite E Price and Availability
Huawei P40 Lite E price starts at around $165, which is about 65,424 Naira, 18,329 Kenyan shillings, and 987 Ghana Cedi.
The Huawei P40 Lite E was announced on March 4, 2020, and is expected to go on sale on March 12, 2020.
Huawei P40 Lite E Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei P40 Lite E:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie) (AOSP + HMS), EMUI 9.1
- Processor: Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm), Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Black
- Dimension: 159.8 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 176 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.39 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels, (269 PPI)
- Screen Protection: No
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide) f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama, 1080p @ 30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP, HDR, 1080p @30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –