Samsung Galaxy A51 5G as the name implies is the 5G variant of the Galaxy A51. In the past few years, we have seen more and more smartphone manufacturers jump into the 5G bandwagon, so much so that we have begun seeing midrange smartphones with 5G support. The Samsung Galaxy A51 5G is one of such mid-range smartphones with 5G connectivity.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.5-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (405 PPI)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 980 Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB built-in storage, With SD-Card Support
- 48MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad-rear camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The design department of the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G has great resemblance with that of the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G. In summary, you have got the same setup and build on a chassis that is a bit smaller.
Speaking on the build, you have got gorilla glass 3 upfront, plastic on the rear and also plastic on the frame.
Upfront there is a 6.5-inch super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a screen density of 405 PPI. This display is home to a hole punch camera that sits in the top middle position.
On the rear, we have got a dual color tone design. There is also a quad-camera setup housed in a square in a manner resembling that of the Samsung Galaxy S20. On the bottom, there is a Samsung moniker branding that indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Its camera department holds pretty much what we had on the Samsung Galaxy A51. Its the same pental cameras and the same sensors.
The quad rear cameras on the Samsung Galaxy comprises of 48MP primary cameras with an aperture of f/2.0, a 12MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting 4k videos at 30fps and 1080p videos up to 120fps. You also get Panorama mode and HDR for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 32MP shooter which is capable of taking photos in HDR and also shoot 1080p videos with frame rates capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G to its predecessor, you observe a setup in processor, battery and a new 6GB standard RAM variant.
Powering this Android smartphone is an Octa-core Exynos 980 processor, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, a Mali-G76 MP5 graphics processing unit and a non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery.
On the software side, you have got One UI 2 user-interface running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy A51 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
The fact the Samsung Galaxy A51 is a 5G phone means streaming, downloads and uploads benefit from 5G speeds. As long as you are in an area with a 5G reception.
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G price starts at around $279, which is about 114,000 Naira, 53,295 Kenyan Shillings and 2,900 Ghana Cedi.
The Samsung Galaxy A51 5G was announced on April 8 and is expected to go on sale later in April. It comes in Prism Cube Black, Prism Cube White, and Prism Cube Pink.
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 980 (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex A55) Processor
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP5
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colors: Prism Cube Black, Prism Cube White, Prism Cube Pink
- Dimension: 158.9 x 73.6 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (405 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 48MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP camera, f/2.2, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-Removable)
- Internet Usage Time: –
- Video Playback Time: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity