The Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC joins the list of top-notch upper-midrange smartphones released by the Xiaomi-Poco brand. Packed in, is a smartphone hardware combo that is an improvement of what we got on the Poco X2 which was released earlier this year, all for a price tag that falls within the $200 price range.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Poco X2 Key Specs & Features
- 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR 10, 395 PPI
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Snapdragon 732G Processor (8 nm)
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/ 128GB Built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 64MP + 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (33W)
- 5160mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
Where we have become accustomed to many similar looking smartphones, the Poco X3 NFC makes effort to look different from its predecessor. As such we have some design tweaks, which is evident on both the rear and front panel.
Before we dive to the chassis placements that make up the design, please note that the build properties on here comprise of Gorilla Glass 5 on the rear, an aluminum frame, and plastic back.
You may not get the top of the line IP68 rating, for water and dust resistance, but you do have an IP53 rating for splash-proof. This gives the Poco X3 NFC an edge over similarly priced smartphones like the Infinix Zero 8, which didn’t really make provision.
onto the chassis placements, we have got a camera module housing an LED flash and four cameras arranged in a manner that is gonna leave you with the impression that you are in for some serious camera hardware.
Also on the rear, is a dark color strip, housing a very conspicuous Poco branding, that’s attracts the impressions that its a deliberate act from Xiaomi to make people see the POCO brand as an independent brand, instead of being viewed as a subdivision of Xiaomi.
Taking a trip to the front panel, you will find a setup that resembles that of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s. The Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC bears a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with a top centered hole-punch camera.
This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 395 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Moving on to the camera department, the Poco X3 NFC features a quad camera setup on the rear and a single camera setup upfront, as opposed to the dual front-facing camera on the Poco X2.
Its quad rear camera setup comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Video recording with the rear camera setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps. You also get 1080p videos at 30 / 120fps and 720p videos at 960fps.
Selfies are manned by a single 20MP punch hole camera with an aperture of f/2.2. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance hardware side of things, the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC comes in as the first smartphone to rock the newly released Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor,
It is an upgrade of the Snapdragon 730G processor found on the likes of the Realme X2 and the Google Pixel 4A. It is also the most powerful non 5G processor in the Snapdragon 700 series.
Other features facilitating performance include an Adreno 618 GPU, 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5160mAh battery. Enthusiasts will also get the luxury of a 33W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC runs the MIUI 12 interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Poco X3 NFC features a 3.5mm headphone jack, and the USB Type C (USB 2.0). Other connectivity options include NFC, dual-band Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Poco X3 NFC is capped at 4G LTE as there is no 5G support here.
Poco X3 NFC Price and Availability
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC price starts at around $262 for the base 6GB / 64GB model. The Poco X3 NFC costs around 175,000 Naira in Nigeria, 25,507 KHS in Kenya, and 1,360 GHC in Ghana.
The maxed-out 6GB / 128GB variant runs at $285. Please note that prices are going to receive an uplift as the aforementioned prices are launch prices.
The prices are expected to settle at $270 for the base 6GB / 64GB variant and $320 for the maxed out 6GB / 128GB variant.
The Poco X3 NFC was announced on September 7th, 2020, and is currently available for purchase from leading online retail stores.
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 735 (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Cobalt Blue, Shadow Gray
- Dimension: 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 215 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10, 395 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.9 + 13MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps, 720p@960fps
- Front Camera: 20 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, Recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5160mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Capacity