What do we have when Huawei collaborates with a prestigious car manufacturer like Porsche? The answer is a smartphone with a very appealing chassis engulfing the choicest smartphone hardware which belongs in the flagship category. This is the story of the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche design, which is a successor to the Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche design.
Where to Buy Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Key Specs and Features
- 6.76 inch OLED Display, 2772 x 1344 Pixels (456 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Android 10; EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Octa-core Kirin 9000 5G (5nm)
- 12GB RAM
- 50MP + 12MP + +8MP + 20MP + TOF 3D, (depth) Rear Cameras
- 13MP + TOF 3D Front cameras
- 5G / 4G Connectivity
- IP68 dust/water resistant
- 66W Fast Charging Capacity
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging 5W
- 4400 mAh Li-Po Non-removable Battery
Design and Display
The design on the Huawei Mate 40 Porsche, is unarguably its most stellar feature, this becomes even more evident when placed side by side with its siblings in the series.
Huawei’s collaboration with Porsche brought about its refined design, which is unarguably the most beautiful in the Mate 40 series.
A large portion of Porsche’s implementation on the design is seen on the rear, with the camera module having a design that passes as having a resemblance to a car wheel. Inside this module are quad cameras, the Leica branding, and an LED flash.
Aside from the camera module on the rear, you will also find a stripe from top to bottom of the rear. On this stripe, you will find Huawei’s Porsche design branding, which indicates a collaboration.
The setup is pretty much stock as far as the series is concerned. It bears the same 6.76 inch OLED display, housing a cut-out with two cameras.
This display has a resolution of 2772 x 1344 Pixels, a density of 456 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate. It also packs in HDR 10 support.
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche comes in three colours, these colours include Ceramic White, Ceramic Black, and the Collector Edition.
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche design bears the same camera hardware as the Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus. They share the same rear camera and front camera setup.
On the rear, we have got a 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, a 12MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.4, an 8MP periscope camera with an aperture of f/4.4, a 20MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/1.8, and a TOF 3D (Time of flight) camera for depth sensing.
Video record on this camera is capped at 4k @ 60fps. Amongst the other video record modes is 720p video recording @ 3840fps.
Upfront, we have a 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a TOF 3D (Time of flight) camera for depth and Biometrics. This camera is also capable of recording 4k videos @ 60fps, enthusiats can also record 1080p videos up to 240fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have got the 5nm Hi-Silicon Kirin 9000 5G processor, a 24-core Mali-G78 graphics processing unit, 12GB of RAM, 512GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 4400mAh battery.
Also packed in, a mechanism that drives stellar charging speed. Here we have a 66W wired fast-charge mechanism, a 50W wireless charge mechanism, and a 5W reverse wireless charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have the EMUI 11 running on the Android 10 operating system. Please note that the Mate 40 RS Porsche is void of Google services, which is due to the US-Trade ban on Huawei.
For connectivity, the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche rocks a USB Type-C port, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2, and Dual-band WiFI.
Internet connectivity on the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche is maxed at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G internet connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche design is around $2,714, which translates to about 1,034,034 Naira in Nigeria, 295,414 KSH in Kenya, and 15,822 GHC in Ghana.’
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche design was announced on October 22, 2020, and is expected to go on sale in November 2020.
Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design:
- Platform: Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Processor: Kirin 9000 5G (5nm) (1 x [email protected] GHz + 3 x [email protected] GHz + 4 x [email protected] GHz)
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- Memory: 12GB
- Colours: Ceramic White, Ceramic Black, Collector Edition
- Dimension: 162.9 x 75.5 x 10.1 mm
- Weight: 234 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.76-inches 2772 x 1344 Pixels, 456 PPI, OLED, HDR10, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 240 Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 12MP (Telephoto) f/2.4, 5x optical zoom Optical Zoom + 8MP (Periscope Telephoto)f/4.4 + 20MP (Ultrawide) f/1.8 + TOF 3D, (depth)
- Rear Camera Features: Leica optics, LED flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240/480fps, [email protected], [email protected], HDR
- Front Camera: 13MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4, TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 2/3/5/8 (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G WCDMA: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/26
- 5G: n1/n3/n28 (TX: 703 MHz-733 MHz, RX: 758 MHz-788 MHz) /n38/n40/n41/n77/n78/n79/n80/n84
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2 x 2 MIMO, HE160, 1024 QAM, 8 Spatial-stream Sounding MU-MIMO
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, Support BLE, SBC, AAC, LDAC.
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Mp3, *.mp4, *.3gp,*.ogg, *.amr, *.aac, *.flac, *.wav, *.midi
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: GPS (L1 + L5 Dual-band) / AGPS / GLONASS / BeiDou (B1I + B1C + B2a + B2b Quad-band) / GALILEO (E1 + E5a + E5b Tri-band) / QZSS (L1 + L5 Dual-band) / NavIC
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes up to 50W + 5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4400mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 66W Capacity (Wired Charging) + 50W Capacity (Wireless Charging)