The Tecno Camon 16 Pro presents a package that sort of meets the needs of users who desire a package higher than the standard Tecno Camon 16 but cannot afford the top of the line Camon 16 Premier. The highlights of this smartphone include a 5000mAh battery, which is bigger than the battery on its aforementioned siblings, we also get an Helio G70 processor and lots more.
Where to Buy Tecno Camon 16 Pro
Tecno Camon 16 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.8-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 Pixels, 263 PPI
- Android 10.0; HiOS 7.0
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G70 Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 64MP + 2MP + 2MP + AI Quad Rear Cameras
- 16MP + Ai Dual Front Camera
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Tecno Camon 16 Pro design, can be described as a reminiscence of the design we saw on the Camon 16 Premier. However, there are some little changes that differentiate both smartphones in terms of design.
On the rear, we have a square camera module, which houses four cameras and an LED flash. Below that camera module is a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, which comes in opposition to the side-mounted fingerprint sensor on the Camon 16 premier.
There is also the Tecno and Camon branding on the rear, which indicates it’s a Tecno smartphone.
Moving up front, we find a 6.8-inch display which happens to be the same size as that of the Tecno Camon 16. However, this display drops from 1080p to 720p. This display is home to a camera cut-out housing dual cameras.
Moving on to the camera department, we have a setup that bears resemblance to the Camon 16. The partly major difference is the extra camera on the front setup.
The front camera setup comprises of a 16MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and an Ai lens with an aperture of f/3.5. As opposed to the single 16MP primary camera on the Camon 16.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.79, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.9, a 2MP macro / ultrawide camera with 119° field of view and an aperture of f/2.25. Lastly, we have got an Ai camera with an f/3.5.
Hardware and Software
Driving the performance on the Tecno Camon 16 Pro is the MediaTek Helio G70 processor, which is the same processor featured on the Camon 16 and Camon 16 premier.
Some of the other performance facilitators include a 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh battery. Enthusiasts will also be served with 18W fast charging.
On the software side, we have gone the HiOS 7.0 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Tecno Camon 16 Pro features a Micro-USB port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, and WiFi.
The Internet connection here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get the luxury of 5G speeds.
Checkout the Latest Tecno Phones.
Tecno Camon 16 Pro Price and Availability
Tecno Camon 16 Pro price in Nigeria starts at around 92,000 Naira. The smartphone costs around 20,500 KSH in Kenya and 1,350 GHC in Ghana.
The Tecno Camon 16 Pro is available for purchase from leading online retail stores.
Tecno Camon 16 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Camon 16 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, HiOS 7.0
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G70 (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: –
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Onyx Black, Ice Crystal Blue
- Dimension: 170.9 x 77.2 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.8-inch IPS LCD Display 720 x 1640 Pixels, 263 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) F/1.79 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 + 2MP (Macro / Super Wide Angle) FOV 119° + AI Lens, f/3.5
- Rear Camera Features: Penta-LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.0 + Ai Lens, F/3.5
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, micro-USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity