The Samsung Galaxy A12 comes in as a successor to the Samsung Galaxy A11. As a successor, it features a different chassis design, an improved camera system, bigger storage, more RAM and lots more. In summary, it packs in features that makes it a more appreciated smartphone when compared to its predecessor.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A12
Samsung Galaxy A12 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 270 ppi
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Android 10, Upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Storage with SD-Card Support
- 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- 15W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy A12 sets itself aside from its predecessor design wise. It is one of those smartphones that features an entirely different design, which may appeal to enthusiasts who were really satisfied with the design on the Samsung Galaxy A11.
The rear of the Galaxy A12 bears a square camera module housing four cameras. Beneath the module is an LED flash. Moving far down on the rear, is the Samsung branding, which indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront, we have got a 6.5-inch IPS display, which is slightly bigger than the 6.4-inch display on the Galaxy A11. This display bears the same 720 x 1600 resolution as seen on the A11. However, it is about the same size as the more affordable Samsung Galaxy A02s.
Consumers who choose to purchase the Samsung Galaxy A12 will have the four color options that include Black, White, Red and Blue.
The Cameras on the Samsung Galaxy A12 are one of the biggest upgrades over the Galaxy A11. Samsung made substantial upgrades that has a high chance of appealing to enthusiasts who owned the A11 and also enthusiasts in need of smartphones in this budget range.
For starters, we have got a quad-rear camera system, bearing higher-res cameras, as opposed to the triple camera system on the Galaxy A11.
The rear camera system bears a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 5MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Moving upfront, we have got an 8MP front shooter with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera will serve for selfie photos and videos.
Hardware and Software
Similar to how it was with the Samsung Galaxy A11, Samsung didn’t really give a very substantial info on the processor featured on the Galaxy A12, however, we do know its an Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) processor consisting of two quad-core processors clocked at 2.35 GHz and 1.8GHz respectively.
The Galaxy A12 also offers triple RAM options, that include 3GB, 4GB and 6GB. For storage, users will have the option of selecting either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB. Powering these components, is a no-removable 5000mAh battery.
On the software side, the Galaxy A12 runs its user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system. However, the smartphone can be upgraded to Android 11 with One UI 3.1.
The Samsung Galaxy A12 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth, Wifi.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 4G LTE, which means it isn’t a 5G phone, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to employ 5G for downloads, uploads and streaming.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A12 price in Nigeria starts at around 69,990 Naira. You can buy the smartphone for around $180 on Amazon and other leading online stores. Samsung Galaxy A12 price starts at around 15,500 KHS in Kenya, 799 GHC in Ghana, and 2,600 EGP in Egypt.
Enthusiasts who desire the top of the line 6GB / 128GB variant will have to shell out $236, which translates to 89,798 Naira in Nigeria, 25,972 KSH in Kenya and 1,380 GHC in Ghana
The Samsung Galaxy A12 was announced on November 24th 2020 and was available for purchase as from January 2021.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A12:
- Platform: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm), Octa-core: (2.35 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 + 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Blue, Red
- Dimension: 164 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 205 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch PLS IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio, 270 ppi
- Screen Protection: Yes, Glass Front Cover
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Wide) F/2.0 + 5MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) F/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Autofocus, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (in some countries)
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, FM Recording, RDS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity