The Samsung Galaxy M32 carries on the legacies of the Galaxy M31, which leaves us with high battery performance, serving capable smartphone hardware. Comparing both phones leaves us with a few distinct features. However, we must note that the M32 offers a MediaTek processor as opposed to Exynos, a higher refresh rate display
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M32
Samsung Galaxy M32 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (~411 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 Processor
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Storage Built-in Storage, with Support for SD-Card
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Non-Removable 6000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Turns out Samsung hasn’t been very innovative in the design of its mid-range smartphones. As in recent times, we have had a lot of smartphones in this category that bears similar cues.
Looking at what can be termed as the brighter side, Having stalemates in the design on Samsung smartphones in this category, could be a way of eliminating the cost that goes along with complete design, which will, in turn, keep the price in the less expensive line.
However, at some point, the need for a complete re-design will become more pressing. Till then, Samsung is offering us a design that has worked with other of its devices.
Taking off with the examination of the rear panel, we have a striped design. That has plenty of tiny lines running from the top to bottom on the rear.
The placements on the rear include a square camera module arranged in the same manner seen on the Samsung Galaxy 42, M62, and A12. We also have a LED Flash on just below the camera module and the Samsung branding sitting far below.
Flipping this Android phone to get a front view, reveals a 6.4-inch IPS LCD with a drop notch. This display highlights a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of approximately ~411 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Making a comparison between this display and the one the galaxy M31 shows a lot of similarities however, we must note that here we have a higher resolution, higher density, and a higher refresh rate.
Enthusiasts that decide to purchase the Samsung Galaxy M32 have just two color options: Black, Light Blue.
It turns out the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M32 aren’t far-fetched from what we had on its predecessor. However, there are some drop in pixels, which shouldn’t be an issue, considering the fact that big pixels doesn’t necessarily mean better photos.
On the rear, we have a quad camera setup that comprises a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 123˚ field of view.
What’s more, we have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. As opposed to the 5MP macro camera and the 5MP depth camera on the M31.
On the selfie side, we have a 20MP single camera with an aperture of f/2.2, as opposed to the 32MP single selfie camera on the M31.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Samsung Galaxy M32 swapped the Exynos 9611 processor seen on the Galaxy M31, for the Mediatek Helio G80 processor. We also have the Mali-G52 MC2 GPU in place of the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
Furthermore, we have RAM and storage options that include 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, we have a non 6000mAh Li-Po battery as seen on the M31. However, we have a 25W fast charging capacity, as opposed to 15W fast charging on the M31.
On the software side, we have the One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M32 features a 3.5mm jack and the USB Type C (USB 2.0). We also have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
Internet connectivity is maxed at 4G LTE. The Samsung Galaxy M32 doesn’t have 5G support.
Samsung Galaxy M32 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M32 price starts at around $203. The Galaxy M32 costs around 134,000 Naira in Nigeria, 21,894 KSH in Kenya, and 1,183 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy M32 was announced on June 21 2021 and is expected to be released for purchase on June 28th, 2021.
Samsung Galaxy M32 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M32:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm) (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Black, Light Blue
- Dimension: 160 x 74 x 9 mm
- Weight: 196 g
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM
- SIM Count: Nano-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inches Super AMOLED 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~83.5% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~411 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 123˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Capacity
More on Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G
- Best 5G Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Best 4G Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Compare Prices of Mobile Phones
- Best Gaming Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Cheap Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- Samsung Galaxy A02s