The Samsung Galaxy Z flip 3 5G represents Samsung’s plan for a successor to the Samsung Galaxy Z flip. It packs in a couple of features that includes a bigger outer display, IPX8 water resistance, a more powerful display, and more. This article runs through the Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G specs and price in a bid to help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2640 Pixels (~426 PPI)
- 1.9 inches Super AMOLED, 260 x 512 Pixels,
- Android 11, One UI 3.5
- Octa-core Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 12MP + 12MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 10MP Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging (15W Capacity)
- 10W Wireless Charging
- 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Non-Removable Li-Po 3300 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy Z flip 3 5G to its predecessor shows that there isn’t really much that changed, however, there is no denying the fact that there is a very substantial make-over on the cover.
Firstly, the cover now has a dual-colour design, with the top side being exclusively black across all colour options. Speaking of colour options, the options we have here include Phantom Black, Green, Lavender, Cream, White and Pink, Gray.
Aside from the dual-colour design, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G features a bigger display set at a 1.9-inches display with a resolution of 260 x 512 Pixels, as opposed to the 1.1-inches cover display with a resolution of 112 x 300 Pixels we have on its predecessor.
Samsung claims having a bigger display cover display will help you perform more tasks without having to open the fold. Samsung’s implementation takes the functions of the cover display beyond the basics like checking time and notifications.
Now we have enough screen estate for music control and widgets You can basically go as far as using this new 1.9-inch cover display as a viewfinder for taking selfies, in times where you don’t want to use the camera inside the fold.
Speaking of the fold, unfolding this device reveals we still have a 6.7-inch display as seen last year, however, this display has a higher resolution at 1080 x 2640 Pixels, as opposed to 1080 x 2636 Pixels on the former.
This inner display is based on a Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel which happens to be richer than the regular Dynamic AMOLED on its predecessor. What’s more, it bears a 120Hz refresh rate as opposed to 60Hz on the former.
There isn’t any crazy under-display camera tech here as we do have a punch-hole camera in the top middle position.
IPX8 Water Resistance
Much like what was seen on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G, the Z Flip 3 5G also happens to bear an IPX8 rating, which taps down on fragility, as enthusiasts will have to care less about water damage.
Having this IPX8 rating in place gives this foldable smartphone water resistance, which means there is a high chance it will survive water accidents for the most part.
The cameras on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G are basically a stalemate, they have the same specs as the ones on its predecessor, however, actual usage may reveal improvements.
On the rear, we have the same dual-camera setup with a 12MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8 and a 12MP ultrawide camera with a 123˚ field of view. Video recording on this rear camera setup caps at 4k @ 60fps.
Flipping to the selfie side, we are greeted with a 10MP selfie camera which is basically the same as what we got on the former, as far as on paper specs go. This camera has an aperture of f/2.4 and can shoot videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flp 3 5G rocks the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor, which is placed higher than the Snapdragon 865 5+ processor on its predecessor.
We also have the Adreno 660 GPU, more 128GB / 256GB storage options, 8GB RAM, a non-removable 3300mAh battery which is the same as seen on its predecessor. What’s more, we have 15W wired charging and 4.5W wireless charging.
On the software side, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G runs the One UI 3.5 user interface on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G features a USB Type-C 3.1 port with OTG support, NFC, low-energy Bluetooth 5.2 and wifi/hotspot.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means you can utilize 5G for downloads, uploads, streaming and surfing.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G price starts at around $999.99 for the base 8GB / 128GB configuration at leading online stores. This translates to about 411,896 Naira in Nigeria, 109,499 KSH in Kenya and 6,026 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G was announced on the 11th of August 2021 and is expected to go on sale on August 27th 2021.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Phantom Black, Green, Lavender, Cream, White, Pink, Gray
- Dimension: Unfolded: 166 x 72.2 x 6.9 mm – Folded: 86.4 x 72.2 x 15.9-17.1 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 1080 x 2640 Pixels 120Hz, HDR10+ Cover display: Super AMOLED, 1.9 inches, 260 x 512 Pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 12MP (Ultrawide)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+
- Front Camera: 10MP, f/2.4
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71
- 5G: 2, 5, 25, 41, 66, 71, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo Speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: 10W – 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IPX8)
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 3300mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Capacity