Samsung Galaxy A23 is the direct successor of the Galaxy A22. This is the model you get if you want performance beyond what the Galaxy A13 can offer. Samsung Galaxy A23 features a 6.6-inch display, a 50MP quad rear camera, and a 5000 mAh Li-Po battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A23
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Amazon US – See Offers
Other members of the 2022 Galaxy ASeries include the Samsung Galaxy A13 5G, the Galaxy A33 5G, the Galaxy A53 5G, and the Galaxy A73 5G.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB
- 50 MP (wide) + 5 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 64GB, 128GB
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 25W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy A23 features a clean and stylish design. The design is a bit similar to the Galaxy A13. The camera placement is quite similar to the A13, except that in the case of the A23, the cameras are sitting on a bump.
You also get similar color selections: White, Peach, Black, and Blue. The back and frames are made of plastic with the front covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 5. A V-notch hosts the selfie camera. A fingerprint sensor is provided on the side.
Samsung Galaxy A23 has a 6.5-inch PLS display with 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution and 90Hz refresh rate. So, the display should offer a good viewing experience for web browsing, watching movies, and even playing faced paced games.
Samsung Galaxy A23 offers a slight upgrade to the camera on the A22. The main camera on the back has been upgraded from 48MP to 50MP. The 50 megapixels wide-angle primary camera features an f/1.8 aperture, 77˚ FoV, phase detection autofocus (PDAF), and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).
The camera is supported by a 5 megapixels ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and 123˚ FoV, a 2 megapixels macro camera an f2.4 aperture, and a 2 megapixels depth camera with an f/2.4 aperture.
In the front, you get an 8 megapixels wide-angle selfie shooter with an aperture of f/2.2. Both cameras can handle full HD video recording. The rear camera support 120 fps for Slow Motion recording at HD.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A23 is powered by a Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) chipset. The CPU is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a quad-core Kryo 265 Gold and a quad-core Kryo 265 Silver clocked at 2.4GHz and 1.9GHz respectively. Graphics is handled by a Adreno 610 GPU.
This android phone offers two options for built-in storage and three memory options. The 64GB model offers 4GB or 6GB RAM while the 128GB model is available with 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB RAM. The smartphone offers a dedicated microSD slot with support for up to 1TB memory card.
You also get a 5000 mAh battery for great battery stamina. The smartphone boasts of up to 26 hours video playback and up to 176 hours music playback. It supports 25W fast charging capacity.
On the software side, the Galaxy A23 runs on Android 12 with One UI 4.1. Knox is built into the device to offer protection against data theft and malware.
This Samsung phone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band Wi-Fi. This model offers 4G LTE only. It does not support 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A23 price in Nigeria starts at around 134,000 Naira. You can buy the smartphone for around $200.99 on Amazon and other leading online stores. The Galaxy A23 price starts at around 23,399 KES in Kenya, 3,351 GHC in Ghana, and 6,199 EGP in Egypt.
The Galaxy A23 was announced on March 4 2022 and was available for purchase as from March 25 2022.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A23:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.4 GHz quad-core Kryo 265 Gold and 1.9 GHz quad-core Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Peach, Blue
- Dimension: 164.5 x 76.9 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~83.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Corning Gorilla Glass 5)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, 77˚ FoV + 5 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 123˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4 Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, 4K [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] fps (Slow Motion)
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.2 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 MAh Non-removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity