Infinix Note 12 5G like the name implies is more or less the 5G variant of the Note 12. It features essentially the same specs as the vanilla model, but swaps out the MediaTek Helio G88 or Helio G96 with the 5G-enabled MediaTek Dimensity 810 chipset. Infinix Note 12 5G features a 6.7-inch AMOLED display, 50MP triple rear camera, and a 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery.
Where to Buy Infinix Note 12 5G
Infinix Note 12 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density)
- Android 12, XOS 10.6
- MediaTek MT6833P Dimensity 810 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (depth) + QVGA Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 33W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design, Display, and Cameras
Infinix Note 12 5G has a plastic body that is available in black or white. It is slightly thicker than the standard edition at 8mm.
The front of the Infinix phone sports a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with a U-cutout for the front facing 16 megapixels selfie camera. The front facing has a wide angle lens and an f/2.0 aperture.
You also get dual-LED flash for the front camera for improved selfies in low light conditions. The front can also record 2K 1440p videos at 30fps. You also get a decent color contrast at 100000:1 and support for 100% DCI-P3 color gamut.
On the back, you get exactly the same camera as the standard edition, though the placement is different with the cameras vertically aligned in this case.
The camera setup consists of a 50 megapixels wide angle camera with an f/1.6 aperture combined with a 2 megapixels bokeh lens and a QVGA AI lens. You get phase detection autofocus (PDAF), Panorama, and HDR.
A quad-LED flash is provided for the rear camera. Like with the front camera, you can also record 2K videos with the rear camera. The fingerprint sensor is located on the side of this Infinix Note phone.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Note 12 5G replaces the MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm) chipset and the MediaTek Helio G96 (12nm) found in the two 4G variants i.e. the Note 12 G88 and the Note 12 G96 respectively with a 5G-capable MediaTek MT6833P Dimensity 810 (6 nm) processor.
This is exactly the same processor found in the other 5G member of the Infinix Note series, the Infinix Note 12 Pro 5G. This is also the same chip we saw in 5G phones like the Tecno Camon 19 Pro 5G, the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G, and the Realme 8S 5G.
The chipset features a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A76 clocked at 2.4GHz and a hexa-core Cortex-A55 also clocked at 2.0GHz. There is a 9-layer graphene cooling system to keep things running smoothly.
You get 6GB RAM paired with 64GB built-in storage with a dedicated slot provided for storage expansion supporting up to 2TB. You get an extended RAM of up to 3GB via virtual for a total of 9GB RAM capacity.
Infinix Note 12 5G runs on Android 12 out of the box with XOS 10.6 UI skin. You get 5000 mAh Li-Po battery with a 33W fast charging support.
This smartphone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support, low energy Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band WiFi. It support 5G connectivity.
Infinx Note 12 5G Price and Availability
Infinix Note 12 5G price in Nigeria starts at around 110,990 Naira. The Note 12 5G is around 1521 GHC in Ghana, 3,950 EGP in Egypt, and 23,200 KES in Kenya.
This affordable android phone in the Infinix Note series was announced in April, 2022 and became available for purchase starting May, 2022.
Infinix Note 12 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Note 12 5G:
- Platform: Android 12, XOS 10.6
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833P Dimensity 810 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A76 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: 164.7 x 76.9 x 8 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio, ~85.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.6, PDAF + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4 + QVGA Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1440p@30fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 2TB, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers with DTS
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity