Samsung Galaxy A04s is a slightly more premium variant of the Galaxy A04 and a direct successor of the Galaxy A03s. The cheap android phone offers a more powerful and efficient processor in the Exynos 850, an improved camera, and adds a fingerprint sensor on the side. Samsung Galaxy A04s features a 6.5-inch PLS display, three rear cameras, and 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A04s
Samsung Galaxy A04s Key Specs and Features
- 6.5 inches PLS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density)
- Android 12, One UI Core 4
- Exynos 850 (8nm) Octa Core Processor
- 3GB, 4GB RAM
- 32GB, 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Rear Camera
- 5 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A04s features a similar design as the Galaxy A04. You get the same all plastic body and even available in the same color options: Black, White, Copper, and Green.
The android phone looks very similar to the A04 except that you will notice it has three cameras on the back as against the two rear cameras in the A04. The smartphone also adds a fingerprint sensor on the side.
Aside these two major differences, the Samsung Galaxy A04s is largely the same. You get the same 6.5-inch PLS LCD display with 720 x 1600 pixels resolution. The display adds up to 400 nits of brightness and 90Hz refresh rate.
The front is covered in glass with a V-notch for the front facing camera. On the back, you will see the three cameras with an LED flash.
Photography and Videos
Samsung Galaxy A04s adds an additional sensor on the back compared to the vanilla model. Aside the 50 megapixels wide angle camera and 2 megapixels depth camera on the vanilla model, this Samsung phone also adds a 2 megapixels macro lens.
This should offer some improvement in overall performance. The main camera offers face detection autofocus (PDAF). You can also record full HD video recording.
The 5 megapixels camera on the V-notch in the front is exactly the same as the vanilla model. It is a wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A04s runs on Android 12 with One UI 4 on a Exynos 850 (8nm) octa-core processor. This is the same processor provided for the more premium Galaxy A13 as well as models like the Galaxy F13 and Galaxy M13.
The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with two Cortex-A55 quad-core processors clocked at 2.0GHz respectively with a Mali-G52 GPU for graphics.
You have an option of 3GB or 4GB RAM and 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB built-in storage. A 5000 mAh battery is provided to deliver juice.
For connectivity, the Galaxy A series smartphone sports a USB Type C port with 4G dual-SIM support. The smartphone also supports dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Samsung Galaxy A04s Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A04s price in Nigeria is expected at around 80,000 Naira. The Galaxy A04s price is expected at around 21,999 KES in Kenya, 799 GHC in Ghana, and 4,250 EGP in Egypt.
The Galaxy A04s was announced on August 2022 and is expected to be available for purchase as from September 2022.
Samsung Galaxy A04s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A04s:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI Core 4
- Processor: Exynos 850 (8nm) Octa Core Processor (2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55 and 2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Memory: 3GB, 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Green, White, Copper
- Dimension: 164.7 x 76.7 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches PLS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density), ~80.7% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, up to 400 nits Brightness
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP (wide), f/2.2 Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –