The Chinese electronics giant Xiaomi has launched its latest Redmi Note series, including the Redmi Note 12, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro, and Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus. Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro as the middle man comes with notable changes in terms of design, hardware, software and camera setup. It also has a nice display with an all-day battery backup to keep you away from the charger.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~86.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Mediatek MT6877V Dimensity 1080 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 6GB, 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 67W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro comes in a sleek and rugged design, available in three color variants, (Onyx Black, Frosted Blue, and Stardust Purple) each with a different finish on the back. At first glance, the device has a robust build quality that measures 163 x 76 x 8 mm and weigh 187 g. Certainly this is not the slimmest or lightest of phones, but, it sure fits perfectly on hand.
On the front, you get a 6.67-inch display that has the protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Around the display, there are slim bezels which leaves enough space for the display, thus measuring 86.7% screen-to-body ratio.
The Redmi phone comes with a glass back with a matte anti-glare finish which keeps the fingerprints away. While the frame is made of plastic, it sure feels solid in the hand. On the back there is a glossy triple camera module at the top left corner which blends well with the overall color and dimensions of the device.
Furthermore, there are array of button on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro including the power button which is integrated with a fingerprint sensor and volume rockers on the right. The top side has the secondary speaker, secondary mic, 3.5mm audio jack and IR blaster. while the bottom holds the primary speaker grille, mic, type-C port and SIM card slot.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro features a 6.67-inch OLED screen covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. This display features a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution that results in 395 ppi per density. Thanks to 900 nits brightness, can watch HDR contents.
It also supports DCI-P3 wide colour gamut, which means it can display a greater range of colors compared to sRGB. This allows for more accurate and vivid colors, especially in the green and red areas of the spectrum. In addition, this smartphone can display 1.07 billion colours and the viewing experience is enhanced with Dolby Atmos and Vision Support.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro has an adaptive refresh rate, so it can switch between 30Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz and 120Hz depending on the content. It also features 20:9 aspect ratio which allows for more vertical space on the screen, thus beneficial for some types of content, such as browsing websites or reading books.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro has a triple camera setup with 50-megapixel primary camera with OIS or Optical Image Stabilization. It also has an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 2-megapixel macro sensor.
The main camera has a large 1/1.56-inch sensor size and supports 9-in-1 pixel binning, which combines nine pixels into one to improve low-light performance. It also has an aperture of f/1.9 and supports optical image stabilization (OIS). Furthermore, The 50MP primary sensor on the phone supports PDAF, which helps to ensure that photos are in focus quickly and accurately. Using the 24mm focal length, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro rear main camera is able to capture a larger field of view than a standard lens.
The Ultrawide camera has a 120-degree field of view and an aperture of f/2.2. There is also a 1.12µm individual pixel that allows for more light to be captured, which results in better image quality, especially in low-light situations. Lastly, the macro 2MP camera is best suitable for portrait shots and helps to create a bokeh effect by blurring the background.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro sure captures good selfies with the 16 MP, front camera which features f/2.5 aperture, 1/3.06″ image sensor and 1.0µm individual pixel.
The rear cameras support up to 4K video recording at 30fps and 1080p video recording at up to 60fps. The camera app includes features like night mode, pro mode, panorama, slow-motion video, Xiaomi Pro-cut and more.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro is powered by the same processor on its other higher variant. We also saw the processor in the Infinix Zero 5G 2023. It features a MediaTek Dimensity 1080, a 5G-enabled flagship mobile processor designed to provide a powerful performance for gaming, multimedia and AI applications.
The Dimensity 1080 is an octa-core processor with four high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores clocked at up to 2.6GHz and four power-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores clocked at up to 2.0GHz. It also includes the Arm Mali-G68 MC4 GPU, which offers high-end graphics performance for gaming and other intensive tasks. This Xiaomi phone also support up to 256GB and 12GB of RAM.
Furthermore, Redmi Note 12 Pro runs on MIUI 13 skin which is based on Android 12 which promises two years of software updates and four years of security updates. This phone also supports 5G carrier along side other connectivity options include Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Dual GPS/AGPS, and Glonass.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro has a 5000mAh built-in battery that according to the company can lasts for a day on heavy usage, and with average use it lasts for up to 3 days, thanks to optimization in the MIUI 13. The android phone comes with 67W fast charging support which takes about an hour to fully charge the phone from 0 to 100 percent.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro price starts at $ 368.99 / € 399.00 / £ 400.33 / ₹ 24,999 and about ₦259,570. to ₦372,000 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced on October, 2022 and became available for purchase in November, 2022.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro:
- Platform: Android 12, MIUI 13
- Processor: Mediatek MT6877V Dimensity 1080 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.6 GHz dual-core Cortex-A78 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Stardust Purple, Frosted Blue, Onyx Black, White
- Dimension: 163 x 76 x 8 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 900 nits (HBM), ~86.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF, OIS + 8 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide), f/2.5 Camera, HDR, [email protected]/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41 – International, China
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA – International, 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA – China
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS (L1), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c), GALILEO (E1), QZSS (L1)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: IP53 Splash Resistant
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity, Power Delivery 3.0, zero to 50% in 15 minutes, zero to 100% in 46 minutes