Samsung is back with a bang with its latest offering “the Samsung Galaxy M14”. This smartphone is a perfect blend of style, performance, and affordability. It is packed with features that will make you fall in love with it instantly. With the 6.6-inch PLS LCD display that offers excellent viewing angles and the Octa-core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, Android 13 OS and the large 6000 mAh battery the Galaxy M14 sure offers the best performance for users.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M14
Samsung Galaxy M14 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), ~81.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, One UI 5
- Exynos 1330 (5nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 15W Fast Charging Capacity
- 6000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy M14 features a modern and minimalist design that is both elegant and functional. This device has a plastic back, plastic frame, and a glass front which constitute the durable body.
It has a large 6.4-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, which provides users with an immersive viewing experience. This Samsung phone has a sleek and slim profile, measuring 166.8 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm in dimension, making it easy to hold and use with one hand.
In addition, the front of the Samsung Galaxy M14 also has a tear-trop design in the center of the display for the 13MP selfie camera. It has thin bezels on all sides, except the bottom which is slightly thicker, hence it is perfect for streaming videos or playing games.
The back panel of the Galaxy M14 has a glossy finish that gives the android phone a premium look and feel. At the top left corner, there are three circular camera lens, arranged vertically with the LED flash beside it. This arrangement is clean and perfectly blends with the rear design. There is also the Samsung logo inscription at the back of the phone.
Furthermore, the power button and volume rocker are located on the right side of the device, while the left side houses the SIM tray and memory card slot. The fingerprint sensor is however, integrated into the power button for security and easy access. At the bottom, there is the loudspeaker, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB- Type-C port.
The Galaxy M14 boasts a 6.6-inch Super PLS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels. This means that you can expect crisp, clear visuals with vibrant colors and deep blacks. Whether you’re watching a movie, scrolling through social media, or playing a game, the display on the Galaxy M14 is sure to impress.
The PLS (Plane to Line Switching) technology used in the display is similar to IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, and it offers good viewing angles and color reproduction. This display also features a high refresh rate of 90Hz, which means that the screen refreshes 90 times per second. This results in smoother animations and a more responsive touch experience.
Furthermore, Samsung Galaxy M14 display has a 20:9 ratio aspect ratio and measures 81.5% screen-to-body ratio that provides a good balance between screen real estate and phone size. This allows for a relatively large display without making the phone too large or cumbersome to use with one hand.
The Samsung Galaxy M14 camera has a triple camera setup. These includes a 50MP primary-camera, 2MP macro camera and 2MP depth camera
The primary camera of the Samsung Galaxy M14 is a 50MP sensor that captures sharp and detailed images. It has f/1.8 aperture with wide focus length and PDAF that quickly determine the distance to the subject and adjust the focus accordingly. This camera is ideal for perfect capture especially in low-light situations or when capturing moving subjects.
The camera also features a 2MP macro lens which is perfect for capturing close-up shots, and the 2MP depth sensor that helps in creating stunning portrait shots with bokeh effects.
The Samsung Galaxy M14 also features an 13-megapixel front-facing camera housed in a waterdrop-style notch at the top center of the display. The front camera is capable of recording 1080p videos at 30 frames per second.
Samsung M14 camera has impressive features including panorama, HDR, Night mode and more. This feature allows users to capture stunning low-light shots with minimal noise and excellent detail. The camera also supports 1080p resolution at at 30 frames per second for video recording, which is perfect for capturing high-quality videos.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy M14 is powered by an octa-core Exynos 1330 processor with two Cortex-A78 core that clocks at 2.4 GHz & six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. This is the same processor in the Galaxy A14 5G.
The chip is paired with either 3GB, 4GB or 6GB of RAM depending on the variant. There are also options for either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, which can be expanded via microSD card up to 1TB.
In terms of connectivity, the Samsung Galaxy M14 supports dual-SIM cards and has a dedicated microSD card slot. It also supports 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and NFC.
As for software, the Samsung Galaxy M14 runs on Samsung’s One UI 5, which is a feature-rich skin on top of Android 13. One UI 5 offers a clean and intuitive user interface with features such as an improved Dark Mode, Digital Wellbeing, and parental controls.
One of the most impressive feature of the M14 is the large battery life, which is a feature of the Galaxy M Series. It has 6000 mAh non removable battery and supports 15W fast charging, which means it can charge from 0% to 100% in around 2 hours, depending on the charging adapter used.
Samsung Galaxy M14 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M14 price starts at between $160 to $220, / € 200.00 / ₹18,290. The Galaxy M14 price ranges from about ₦110,000 to ₦160,000 in Nigeria.
The affordable 5G android phone was announced on March 2023 and was available for purchase same month.
Samsung Galaxy M14 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M14:
- Platform: Android 13, One UI 5
- Processor: Exynos 1330 (5nm) Octa Core Processor (2.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A78 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MP2
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Navy Blue, Light Blue, Silver
- Dimension: 166.8 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.6 PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 90 Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~81.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.2 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDHC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual sim model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity