The Xiaomi 13 is the latest flagship smartphone from the Chinese tech giant. It is the successor to the Xiaomi 12 and comes with a range of features and specifications that make it one of the most attractive phones on the market. With a sleek design, powerful hardware, and a large 6.36 inches display, the Xiaomi 13 is sure to be a hit with consumers looking for a reliable and powerful device.
Where to Buy Xiaomi 13
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Xiaomi 13 Key Specs and Features
- 6.36 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~414 ppi density), ~89.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, MIUI 14
- Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 10 MP (telephoto) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Triple Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 50W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity
- 67W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4500 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Xiaomi 13 has a sleek and modern design that is sure to turn heads. It features an all-glass body with a metal frame for added durability. The front of the phone is dominated by a 6.67-inch display with minimal bezels and vertical metal frame that further adds to the elegance and stylishness of the device.
The Xiaomi 13 is fairly small, and light-weighted measuring 152.8 x 71.5 x 7.98 mm and 189 grams in weight. At the back, this device has a massive, square camera bump with barely visible lenses and prominent Leica branding.
The back of the phone is made of glass with a triple camera setup and Xiaomi logo It has a slick ceramic back with slightly curved back cover that perfectly complement the sharp, glossy, and straight-edged body. It also boasts an IP68 rating for dust and water protection.
On the right side, sits the power and volume controls. While along the top edge are stereo speakers, an infrared sensor, and a microphone. At the bottom, there is a standard USB-C connector, the SIM slot, and an additional speaker. The phone is available in varieties of colors including, White, Black, Flora Green, Mountain Blue, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gray
The Xiaomi 13 comes with a 3.36-inch AMOLED display, compare to the 6.29-inch panel on the Xiaomi 12, with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. It also sports a 20:9 aspect ratio which means the display has a tall, narrow shape that is well-suited for streaming videos and browsing the internet, and it provides a large amount of screen real estate for users to work with.
The display is bright and vivid, with excellent color accuracy and deep blacks. It has a 120Hz refresh rate, allowing for smooth scrolling and gaming. The display also has an in-display fingerprint sensor for added security.
In addition, Xiaomi 13 has a peak brightness of 1500 nits for a wider range of colors and contrast. Additionally, the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for added durability. The Xiaomi 13 also has excellent HDR support. It offers support for all the major HDR standards including, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision.
Xiaomi 13 Series has the most powerful computational photography capability of any Xiaomi flagship device. With Xiaomi and Leica Camera partnership, the device promised the best camera features.
The Xiaomi 13 features a triple camera system that includes a 50-megapixel wide-angle lens based on the Sony IMX800 sensor. It comes with a professional 23mm ƒ/1.8 Leica lens consisting of seven aspherical lenses, ALD Ultra-Low Reflective Coating, and the new cyclic olefin material for crystal clear images. This device also support HyperOIS to help reduce blur and ensure sharp images, even in low-light conditions.
The Ultra-wide angle camera has 12-megapixel lens based on the OmniVision OV13B10. It has a 1/3.06″ sensor size with 1.12µm individual pixels, 120-degree field of view with an aperture of f/2.2 with fixed focus.
Lastly, the 10-megapixel telephoto lens based on Samsung’s ISOCELL S5K3K1. This camera setup is designed to provide users with a high degree of flexibility and versatility, allowing them to capture a wide range of images in different situations.
It offers 3.2x optical zoom with 1/3.9-inch sensor and an f/2.0 aperture. In addition, this camera offers an equivalent focal length of 70 millimeters with optical image stabilization and uses PDAF.
With the partnership between Xiaomi and Leica Camera, the Xiaomi 13 offers two signature Leica optics and two photographic styles to choose from. These includes a Leica Authentic Look and Leica Vibrant Look as the default colour mode for your photos.
Inside the punch hole sits the 32MP front camera based on the OmniVision OV32C. It has fixed focus, 22mm focus length, 0.7µm and f/2.0. The front camera also includes a range of features and options to help users capture the best possible images.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi 13 is powered by the Qualcomm SM8550 Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Octa-core processor which is one of the most powerful chipsets on the market. This is the same chipset as Samsung’s flaship series, the Galaxy S23, the Galaxy S23 Plus, and the Galaxy S23 Ultra. This chipset is paired with Adreno 740 GPU for graphics processing.
It also support 8/12GB of RAM, and 128/256/512GB of storage. The 128GB models use the slightly older UFS 3.1 storage standard, but the higher capacity versions jump to faster UFS 4.0.
Xiaomi 13 has a 4,500 mAh battery that can be charged in minutes through a proprietary 120W charger. The device also supports 67W wired charging, 50W wireless charging with compatible charging pucks along with 10W reverse charging if you quickly want to top up your earbuds.
In addition, the Xiaomi 13 runs on the company’s latest MIUI 14 on top of Android 13. This OS has been designed to provide users with an intuitive and enjoyable experience, with a range of features that make it stand out from the competition. It includes a range of new features such as an improved user interface, enhanced privacy settings, and a range of customization options.
Xiaomi 13 Price and Availability
Xiaomi 13 price starts at $ 712 for 8GB/128GB, $ 755 for 8GB/256GB and $ 839 for the 12GB/256GB variant. The Xiaomi 13 5G price in Nigeria starts at about ₦273,000 to ₦312,000.
The 5G phone was announced early December, 2022, and was available for purchase by mid December, 2022.
Xiaomi 13 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi 13:
- Platform: Android 13, MIUI 14
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.2 GHz Cortex-X3 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A715 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A710 and 2.0 GHz triple-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: White, Black, Flora Green, Mountain Blue, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gray
- Dimension: 152.8 x 71.5 x 8.0 mm or 8.1 mm
- Weight: 185 g or 189 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.36 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~414 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1200 nits (HBM), 1900 nits (peak) Brightness, ~89.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF, OIS + 10 MP (telephoto), f/2.0, PDAF, OIS, 3.2x optical zoom + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FoV Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Leica lens, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected] (HDR), [email protected]/30/60fps (HDR10+, 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR, 10-bit LOG), [email protected]/120/240/960fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS, Slow Motion Recording
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 48, 66 – International
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 75, 77, 78 SA/NSA – International
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5), NavIC (L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 50W Fast Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68, Can survive up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water
- Dust Resistant: Yes, IP68
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity (Power Delivery 3, Quick Charge 4, Recharges from zero to 100% in 38 minutes), 50W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity (Recharges from zero to 100% in 48 minutes), 10W Reverse Charging