Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus
Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus Key Specs and Features
- 6.52 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), ~81.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12 (Go edition), MIUI
- Mediatek Helio G36 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 2GB, 3GB RAM
- 8 MP (wide) + 0.08 MP (depth) Dual Rear Camera
- 5 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear mounted)
- 32GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 10W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus has a slim and quality design with a durable plastic construction. It has a leather-like finish that gives it a premium look and feel. This device measures 164.9 x 76.8 x 9.1 mm in dimension and weigh 192 g.
The front of the android phone is dominated by a 6.52-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an 20:9 aspect ratio. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This display measures a screen to body ratio of 81.0%, thus leaving minimal bezel to surround it.
The back of the Xiaomi phone features a dual-camera setup consisting of a 8-megapixel primary sensor and 0.08-megapixel secondary sensor. These cameras are positioned vertically on the top left corner of the phone, and are accompanied by a dual-LED flash. The camera module has a matte finish which is entirely different from the overall finish of the phone.
Furthermore, the fingerprint sensor is located on the back of the phone, just below the camera module. The phone also features a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a single bottom-firing speaker.
The Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus is available in several colors, including Light Green, Light Blue, and Black.
The Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus features a 6.52-inch display built on the IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The display has a pixel density of 269 pixels per inch (PPI) and supports up to 16 million colors.
Additionally, the Redmi A2+ has 20:9 aspect ratio which translates to a screen-to-body ratio of approximately 81.0%. This means that the display occupies a significant portion of the front of the phone, with relatively slim bezels on the top and bottom.
At the top center of the display, there is a tear-drop notch which host the front facing camera. The screen has a wide color gamut, which means it can display a wider range of colors than traditional LCD displays.
Similarly, this Redmi Smartphone display has a peak brightness of 400 nits (typical). This means that the screen can get fairly bright, which can be helpful when using the phone outdoors or in bright lighting conditions.
The main downside of this phone is the Camera. Unlike latest mid-range phone, the Redmi A2+ has a dual camera setup consisting of an 8MP primary sensor and 0.08MP depth sensor.
This dual-camera setup allows for features such as portrait mode, which can produce a blurred background effect, and panoramic mode that allows you to capture wide, sweeping vistas by stitching together multiple images.
Furthermore, these camera also features phase detection autofocus and dual-LED dual-tone flash, which can help improve image quality in low-light conditions. There is also an HDR feature that helps to capture more details in the shadows and highlights, making the images look more vibrant and realistic.
For the front camera, there is a 5-megapixel front camera with an f/2.2 aperture. This camera has various modes including the selfie mode, and beauty mode that applies digital filters or post-processing effects to smooth out skin texture and enhance facial features, so as to provide clear, detailed selfie shots.
Hardware and Software
For performance, Xiaomi opted for Mediatek Helio G36 processor, which provides a decent level of performance for most everyday tasks. It’s built on a 12nm process and features an octa-core CPU with eight ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 2.2GHz. It also includes a PowerVR GE8320 GPU that’s capable of running games smoothly.
Furthermore, the Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus comes with either 2GB or 3GB of RAM, depending on the variant, which is enough to ensure smooth multitasking and app switching. The device has 32GB of internal storage, which should be sufficient for most users. This storage is expandable using the MicroSD card.
The device is also powered by a 5000mAh non-removable battery, which should provide enough juice for a day of moderate use. It has a 10W wired charger inside the box.
For connectivity, there is a dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and FM radio.
The Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus runs on Android 12 out of the box, with Xiaomi’s MIUI user interface on top. MIUI is a highly customizable interface that offers a lot of features and options. The interface has a clean and modern design, although it may take some time to get used to for users who are used to stock Android.
Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus price starts at between $130.00 / € 120.00 / ₹8,999. The Redmi A2+ price ranges from about ₦62,000 to ₦102,000 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced on March, 2023 and became available for purchase in March, 2023.
Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi A2 Plus:
- Platform: Android 12 (Go edition), MIUI
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G36 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1.7 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB, 3GB RAM
- Colours: Light Green, Light Blue, Black
- Dimension: 164.9 x 76.8 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.52 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 400 nits Brightness, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~81.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.0 + 0.08 MP (depth) Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/2.2 Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – International
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: –
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity