Zain StepUp is a new Tariff package by Zain targeted at subscribers who spend lots of time making calls. According to Zain, subscribers who spend more than 2 hours 30 minutes monthly will experience savings with Zain StepUp.
Zain StepUp offers a maximum call rate of 35 kobo/second to all networks in Nigeria. With Zain StepUp, the more you talk the cheaper it gets, if you call for more than 300 hours in a given month, your call rate will reduce to 15 kobo/second to all networks for the rest of the month.
You may also be interested in Airtel Data Plan
Zain StepUp is available to both prepaid and post-paid subscribers. Note however, that Zain StepUp requires a N2000 monthly rental.
Zain StepUp rewards you with cheaper call rates the more you talk, starting from 35 kobo/sec, you can make calls at as low as 15 kobo/sec to all networks. Here is the Tariff of Zain StepUp:
- First 100 minutes: 35k/s
- 100 – 300 minutes: 25k/s
- more than 300 minutes: 15k/s
- local SMS: N9
- International SMS: N15
- International Calls: 55k/s to N1/sec (depending on region)
- Calls to US & Canada: 25k/s (requires activation)
- Calls to UK: 25k/s (fixed) 50k/s (mobile) (requires activation)
Note that you will pay N2000 monthly (every 30 days) for Zain StepUp.
Zain StepUp offers 100 free SMS and 100MB free internet for the first month, plus a chance to win a 3G phone till October 31, 2009. Zain StepUp also offers VIP treatment to subscribers at call centres and Zain shops. Subject to availability, you can also pick a special Zain number of your choice.
Activating or Migrating to Zain StepUp
Zain StepUp is open to both post-paid and prepaid subscribers. Post-paid subscribers should visit a Zain shop to activate Zain StepUp. To migrate to Zain StepUp from a prepaid phone, simply dial *210*1# on any Zain mobile line. Note that you will need to have at least N2,000 on your credit balance before you can migrate to Zain StepUp. N2,000 will be deducted from your credit once you migrate to Zain StepUp and you will receive a welcome SMS. You will also receive an SMS each time you reach a new threshold.
Here are a few codes to remember for Zain StepUp:
- Migrate to Zain StepUp – dial *200*1#
- Opt out of Zain StepUp – dial *200*2#
- Check minutes of talk – dial *456*1#
- Check free SMS sent – dial *123*5#
- Activate Zain StepUp UK – dial *200*41#
- de-activate Zain StepUp UK – dial *200*941#
- Activate Zain StepUp US/Canada – dial *200*42#
- de-activate Zain StepUp US/Canada – dial *200*942#
Zain StepUp US/Canada offer call rates of 25k/s to US and Canada, while Zain StepUp UK offer calls to UK fixed lines at 25k/sec and 50k/s to UK mobile lines.
Zain recommends Zain StepUp to subscribers that spend more than 2 hours 30 minutes monthly. According to information at Zain website, “you can achieve call savings of more than 20% if you talk more than 3 minutes a day monthly and over 50% if you talk for just 10 minutes a day monthly”.
Zain StepUp requires a monthly rental of N2000 monthly. If you do not have enough credit at payment due date (every 30 days), Zain StepUp will be de-activated and you will be migrated to Zain Joli. You can always migrate back to Zain StepUp by dialling the activation code. Make sure you have up to N2000 on your account balance before attempting to activate Zain StepUp.
For more information on Zain StepUp, visit Zain website at ng.zain.com.
- Zain truTalk & Zain TruTXT stay connected with friends for longer
- Glo Data Plan
- MTN Data Plan
- Etisalat Data Plan
- Airtel Data Plan
- 10 Years of GSM Mobile in Nigeria
- Zain Z3 Mobile Internet Video calling Downloads Streaming
- Zain StepUp Tariff Package
- Airtel Financing Option
- Airtel 4G LTE Testing Concludes in Lagos, Abuja and PH to follow
- Zain launches unmanned payphones
- Celtel changes to Zain connects Africa to Middle East
- Zain Joli Tariff Package: Cost Codes Pros and Cons Joli Padi People Yans Yonda
- ZAIN ME2U SHARE SELL AND TRANSFER CREDIT