The 2015 Toyota Camry ushers in a sweeping redesign, introducing a stylish new exterior and a host of changes under the hood. The Camry is an iconic automobile, being the best-selling car in Toyota’s lineup, and the 2015 model really highlights its elevated status in Toyota’s heritage. Featuring curvier lines and a stylish mix of touches, the new exterior is the major attraction for this model. The SE and XSE models are also outfitted with a larger grille, which is akin to the ‘spindle grille’, that is famous in Toyota’s luxury Lexus models. The 2015 Toyota Camry embodies all that Toyota stands for; style, affordability and attention to detail.
Toyota Camry has always tried to distance itself from the other models in Toyota’s lineup, mainly the Corolla. The 2015 model however, provides the greatest indication that Toyota is serious about making its vehicles more engaging. The bodywork is completely new, except the roof. More organic curves make the car look sleeker and a lot more stylish on the road.
Most models of the 2015 Toyota Camry come with a simplistic five bar chrome grille. However, the sportier SE trim introduces a black- mesh snout. A newer trim has also been released for 2015, the XSE, which features the same black, Avalon inspired maw as on the SE. This is a clear nod by Toyota to the 1992 model, which was one of the best cars ever made by the Japanese behemoth. The sculpted body of the Camry is 1.7 inches longer than the previous model, and introduces a sense of grace and class in the vehicle, something that has been missing for quite a while.
The stylish, swooping headlamps bridge the gap between beauty and avarice, and the sharp markings running down the front light up to display the LED lamps on some of the models. This gives the car a menacing front look that makes the 2015 Toyota Camry a joy to view. The rear of the car is relatively clean; there’s a decklid, while some of the models can be ordered with customized spoilers to give the car a sporty outlook.
The XSE model is covered in monochromatic paint, while the exterior details are all in black. The gorgeous 18 inch wheels are machined and also painted black. The 2015 Camry LE models come with 16 inch wheels, while the XLE and SE models use 17 inch wheels. The SE and XSE models also feature full LED headlamps.
On the inside, literally every surface that the driver or passengers are likely to use have been altered. While the changes are not radical, Toyota has certainly upped the ante in terms of class and style, introducing more upscale interior elements. The H point seats are beautifully made, all of them now featuring the mandatory contrast stitching. The dashboard and the door panels now use softer materials as well.
Depending upon the trim that you choose, the colour schemes will vary considerably. The simplistic Toyota Camry LE trim comes with simple grays, while the sportier and more metal- inspired SE comes with an all-black/ faux suede upholstery. This is complemented by red stitching. The same colour scheme is also seen in the new XSE. The SE and XSE are also fitted with rear seat air vents as well as dual zone climate controls on the inside.
Electronically, the new Camry has also been completely revamped. The SE model features Optitron gauge clusters as well as 3D primary dials that are placed on each side of the newly introduced HD information screen. There are dedicated charger ports installed behind a door in the XSE and XLE V6 models. The touchscreens have also been upgraded in size; the XSE and XLE V6 trims feature a 7.0 inch screen compared to the 6.1 inches screen in the other trims. The car includes several safety options as well, such as automatic high beams, a pre- collision system as well as blind spot monitoring, along with rear cross- traffic alerts.
Underneath the gorgeous interior of the 2015 Toyota Camry, numerous structural improvements have been made. There are many more spot welds, which makes the more structurally reinforced. It also allowed engineers to configure the springs and the shocks to provide a more responsive feedback without destroying the smooth ride that the Toyota Camry is known for. There is also a 0.4 inch increase in the track, which makes the stance of the car slightly firmer.
The brakes are also very well- tuned. This is mainly due to the two stage master cylinder. The initial response is crisp, and remains linear all the way until the car comes to a stop. The Toyota Camry XSE Model also introduces a more Germanic steering, which provides a slight amount of tactility and weight to the drive.
The 2015 Toyota Camry is high on Safety with Toyota’s Star Safety System consisting of Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), 4-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) 27 and Smart Stop Technology (SST) available on all models.
2015 Toyota Camry also offers all ten airbags as standard in all models. The airbag system consists of driver and front passenger Airbag System, driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, rear seat-mounted side airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags.
If there’s one thing that’s remained consistent about the Toyota Camry, it’s the fact that the enginess are usually carried over from the previous models. And in the 2015 Toyota Camry, this trend continues. The standard model is fitted with a four cylinder engines that provides a decent amount of power- 178 horsepower and 170 feet of torque. The six speed automatic transmission is standard fare, even if you use the manual shift paddles that is exclusive to the Toyota Camry SE.
The XLE and XSE models are available with a more powerful engine- the 3.5 liter V6 engine which provides 268 hp at 6,200 rpm and 248 lb. of torque. The 2015 Toyota Camry can go from 0 to 60 mph in around 6.5 seconds, making it an excellent family- friendly vehicle. The EPA fuel economy estimates remain unchanged, providing 25 miles per gallon in the city, 35 mpg on the highway for the four cylinder engine.The V6 engine provides 21 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles on the highway.
All in all, the 2015 Toyota Camry is a breath of fresh air from Toyota, which only recently promised to reinvigorate its best-selling car. The Camry has been at the top for good reason for the past 12 years, and the 2015 Toyota Camry is likely to carry the crown for a longer period of time.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Toyota Camry is currently available in Nigeria. You can buy at Toyota Dealea outlets near. 2015 Toyota Camry price in Nigeria ranges from N8,000,000 to 15,000,000 NGN.
2015 Toyota Camry Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Toyota Camry Sedan/Salon:
- Beam Headlights: Halogen Headlights (LE & SE), LED Beam Headlights (V6 XSE & V6 XLE)
- Power Mirrors: Yes
- Power Moonroof: Optional, Standard for XSE & XLE
- Steel Wheels: 16-inches Wheel (LE only)
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 17-inch Wheel (SE & XLE), 18-inch Wheel (XSE)
- HSEA Glass: Yes
- Color-keyed rear spoiler: Yes (SE & XSE)
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: Yes (SE), Dual Exuast (XLE & XSE)
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Automatic Climate Control for XSE & XLE
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 6 Speaker System, 10 Speaker option for XSE & XLE
- USB Ports: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (XLE & XSE)
- Display: 6.1-inch Touchscreen, 7-inch Touchscreen for XSE & XLE
- Backup Camera: Yes
- Satelite Radio: Optional, Standard for 2015 Camry XSE & XLE
- Run Apps: Yes (SE, XSE, XLE)
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LE), Sport Fabric for SE
- Leather Seats: Yes XLE, Sport Leather for XSE
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes (Tilt/Telescopic), XLE and XSE (Leather)
- Power Doors: Yes
- Power Windows: Yes
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Smart Stop Technology (SST): Yes
- Airbags: Yes, 10 Airbags
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: Yes
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: Optional for SE, Standard in XSE and XLE
- Engine Type: 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve Dual VVT-i or 3.5-Liter V6 DOHC 24-Valve Dual VVT-i
- Engine Power: 178 hp @ 6000 rpm or 268 hp @ 6200 rpm (V6)
- Engine Torque: 170 lb.-ft. @ 4100 rpm or 248 lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm (V6)
- Transmission: 6-speed Automatic Transmission and sequential shift mode, adds paddle shifter for SE
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
- Brakes: Disc Brakes with ECB System
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 25/35/28 mpg (4-cylinder), 21/31/25 mpg (V6 Engine)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 71.7 Inches
- Length: 190.9 Inches
- Height: 57.9 Inches
- Wheelbase: 109.3 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 6.1 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 58.0/56.6 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 54.5/54.5 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 41.6/38.9 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 37.9/38.0 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1470 to 1579 kg (Depends on Model)
- Cargo Room: 436.1 Litres
- EPA Passenger Volume: 2868.5 Litres
- Fuel Tank: 64.4 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
More About Toyota
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review