2012 heralds the seventh generation of one of the most popular auto nameplates, Toyota Camry. The Toyota Camry 2012 got a redesign with cautious style revisions, improved engines, roomier interior with styling improvements, and six-speed automatic transmission system. 2012 Toyota Camry retains the superb fuel economy and safety that the nameplate is known for.
Like the previous generation, Toyota Camry 2012 is available in four cars models (at least in the United States). The base model is named Toyota Camry L. This is followed by the Camry LE, Camry SE, and Camry XLE in order of their placement. It is not clear which trims are in Nigeria, but Toyota Nigeria will be offering both the 2.5 litre four cylinder engine and the 3.5 litre V6 engine in Nigeria.
For more specs and prices of the Toyota Camry 2012, join us after the photo.
Engines & Transmission
The 2012 Toyota Camry comes with similar engine variants as the previous year, though refined: a 2.5 litre four cylinder engine for the low end models and a 3.5 litre V6 engine for the high end models (Camry SE & XLE). The 2.5 litre engine is a DOHC 16-valve Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligence (VVT-i) four-cylinder engine providing 178hp at 6000rpm. Toyota Camry 2012 with V6 engine will deliver 268hp at 6200rpm.
Both engines offer a 6-speed automatic transmission system (ECT-i). So, manual transmission is missing on 2012 Camry. However, the Toyota Camry SE model comes with paddle shifters that offer manual control of the automatic transmission system.
Though not relevant to Nigeria, the 2012 Camry Hybrid comes with a 156hp 2.4 litre 4 cylinder engine, which combines with a powerful electric motor and 244.8V sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride Ni-MH battery to deliver 200hp. 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid offers Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission ECVT (automatic transmission).
Toyota Camry 2012 offers 5 Star Safety
Toyota Camry 2012 retains the superb safety credentials of the Camry nameplate. Camry has already been awarded five star rating for frontal and side impact, and there is a good reason for that. Toyota Camry 2012 comes with 10 airbags standard on all models and most of the safety features are standard.
According to the Toyota Camry 2012 specs sheet, the new car features driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, rear seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags. The driver and front passenger also gets injury lessening seats. Toyota Camry also provides 3-point seatbelts for driver and all passengers.
2012 Camry retains the Star Safety System, which offers four-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), Traction control, and Electronic brake assist. The Star Safety System also includes an Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Smart Stop Technology.
Interior & Exterior
All 2012 Toyota Camry models are fitted with air conditioner with air filter. Camry XLE and Camry Hybrid offer dual-zone automatic climate control. The base Toyota Camry L features an audio system with CD/mp3/WMA player, FM/AM radio, and a six speaker system. All other 2.5 litre engine models add a 6.1-inch touch display and enhance multimedia support. The V6 engine models add Navigation, advanced voice recognition, and Satellite radio with Entune realtime information service.
Power windows, Power mirrors, Power door locks, engine immobilizer, and cruise control are all standard in all Toyota Camry model, except for the base Camry L, which is missing power door locks. Toyota Camry L and Camry LE feature 16-inch steel wheel tyres. Toyota Camry SE and XLE feature 17-inch alloy wheel tyres, except for Camry SE V6, which comes with 18-inch alloy wheels.
More Toyota Camry 2012 Cars Specs
Other features and specification of 2012 Toyota Camry include:
- High Solar Energy Absorbing (HSEA) glass
- Power tilt/slide moonroof (Toyota Camry XLE only)
- Dual chrome tipped Exhaust (Toyota Camry SE and XLE V6 models only)
- Tilt/telescopic Steering with audio control
- Power Driver’s seat (Toyota Camry SE and XLE only)
- 60/40 split fold down rear seat
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror with compass (XLE V6)
- Leather trimmed seats (Toyota Camry XLE V6)
- Rear window defogger with timer
- High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass
- Outside temperature display
- Washer-linked intermittent windshield wipers
- Tire pressure monitor system (TPMS)
- Child seat anchor
- Side Impact Door beams
- XM/Sirius Satellite radio (not in all models)
- seating capacity: 5
- Anti-Theft System with Alarm (Toyota Camry XLE)
- Halogen lamps, Camry XLE adds Fog lamps
- Fuel tank capacity: 64.3 litres (17 gallons)
- EPA City/highway 4-cylinder models: 25/35 mpg
- EPA City/highway V6 models: 21/30 mpg
- EPA City/highway Camry Hybrid LE: 43/39 mpg
- EPA City/highway Camry Hybrid XLE: 40/38 mpg
Price of Toyota Camry 2012 starts at US $21,995 with the Camry Hybrid starting at 25,900 USD in the United States. 2012 Camry is currently in Nigeria with price around N6 million. We cannot confirm available trims.
Toyota Cars Prices
Here are the prices for Toyota vehicles as published by Globe motors:
- Toyota Land Cruiser SUV – N8,000,000
- Toyota Prado SUV – N7.1 million
- Toyota Corolla – N2.36 million
- Toyota Camry – N5.88 million
- Toyota Avensis – N4.25 million
- Toyota RAV4 SUV – N5.56 million
- More Toyota Cars Prices
Toyota Nigeria and her partners are the major distributors of Camry in Nigeria. 2010 Camry is already in Nigeria; visit a Toyota dealer for your inquiries. You get a three years or 100,000 Km warranty whichever comes first, on each Toyota Camry you buy from these dealers.
Rely on these dealers for your genuine Toyota Camry parts.
Other services offered by these Toyota Camry car dealers include original spare parts, state of the art service centres, leasing and body shop.
Visit our Toyota Authorised distributor page for a list of Toyota dealer locations (address and/or phone number) in Nigeria.
Read Specs of other Toyota Cars:
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- 2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV
- Toyota RAV4 SUV specifications
- Toyota Avensis Cars Reviews
- Toyota Yaris Sedan hatchback cars Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Compact Cars Reviews
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2008 SUV Reviews