The 2015 Toyota RAV4 is not much of a redesign. The design is essentially the same, but Toyota added a number feature upgrades, that makes the 2015 Toyota RAV4 a compelling offering for 2015.
Toyota RAV4 has always been one of the company’s shining stars. Launched back in 1994 (1995 for North America), the RAV4 has registered robust sales each year, and even today remains one of the strongest sellers in the market.
Toyota RAV4 looks like the conventional sports utility vehicle, but it is a lot more. Whereas a conventional SUV requires a lot of fuel, the Toyota RAV4’s fuel economy is consistently at par with that of a compact car. The Toyota RAV 4 is available as a four wheel drive 4WD (all wheel drive AWD) or a front wheel drive (FWD).
The latest iteration of the company’s iconic SUV might not be very different externally when compared with its predecessor (it’s still the fourth generation), but Toyota has introduced a number of nifty features and additions that really makes the 2015 Toyota RAV4 an excellent choice for people who want a comfortable ride without having to pay a hefty amount in fuel costs.
The exterior of the 2015 Toyota RAV4 remains relatively unchanged from the previous model. That’s not to say that nothing has changed at all. The company has introduced sharp lines and sleek curves along the sides, and the vehicle now has a slightly aggressive look as compared to the previous models.
Many owners of the previous generation Toyota RAV4 will have noticed that it did not come with a rear mounted spare tyre. The trend continues with the 2015 model as well. This was a clever decision by the company, since it now allows for the introduction of an available power liftgate. The car’s spare tyre is now mounted right beneath the cargo floor. This allows for the RAV 4’s liftgate to open upwards rather than outwards.
While this may be a subtle feature in the latest generation, it does allow for a lot more convenience, especially when loading stuff up in the car. The liftgate is a standard feature on the RAV4 Limited model, while it’s optional on the XLE Limited model. The liftgate comes equipped with jam protection and also offers a button for adjusting the height.
A subtle addition to the 2015 Toyota RAV4 is what the company refers to as “vortex generators”. The outside mirrors and the taillights now have small bumps that allow for greater airflow around the vehicle. While the difference may not be noticeable driving in the city, these vortex generators provide significantly improved stability on highways.
The stylish LED headlamps now incorporate a few sleek lines, but remain largely unchanged. All in all, Toyota has adopted a “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it” approach with the 2015 Toyota RAV4’s exterior.
The third generation RAV4 introduced a number of nifty additions to the interior, and not only have they been enhanced in functionality in the 2015 model, but Toyota has also introduced a number of other additions to make the 2015 Toyota RAV4’s interior an engaging and highly adaptive place to be.
It is safe to say that the 2015 Toyota RAV4 can prove to be a worthy companion on a long ride.
The RAV4 is easily one of the most spacious SUVs in the market. The front seats offer leg room of up to 42.6 inches, while the rear seats offer up to 37.2 inches. To put this in context, up to four people with a height of six feet can easily sit in the car, and there will be room to spare for one more.
The rear seats come with an option to recline, so all you have to do is pull on the handle given on the side, and your seatback will gently slide backwards.
The interior is extremely refined. Toyota uses high quality plastics as well as soft- touch surfaces that helps the car feel extremely luxurious. There’s an option of selecting French stitching. The dynamic dashboard on the 2015 Toyota RAV4 is a joy to behold, and provides all of the latest features at the touch of your fingers.
Totota’s standard Entune infotainment system is now available across all models of the 2015 Toyota RAV4. The car comes with a 6.1-inch touch screen that provides access to all entertainment and information systems within the vehicle.
The speedometer/ tachometer and Multi- Information Display is also located conveniently behind the wheel. Toyota RAV4 has a gorgeous, blue glow around the instruments that make it extremely easy to find what you are looking for without having to avert your eyes from the road.
The steering wheel features tilt/ telescopic features as well as integrated controls for the most commonly used features in the car. Heated front seats are also available. The car features dual zone climate control, a power moon roof, Smart Key System as well as 12 volt power outlets for all your charging needs.
Toyota does not compromise on safety. The 2015 Toyota RAV4 features eight airbags, including the front passenger and driver Smart Airbag System. There are seat mounted airbags in the front as well as second row roll-sensing side curtain airbags.
The RAV4’s standard Star Safety System provides additional safety features such as stability control, traction control, electronic brake- force distribution and several others.
Injuries from rear-end collisions are mitigated thanks to the company’s proprietary whiplash injury lessening seats.
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 comes equipped with a 2.5 Litre 4 cylinder DOHC engine which provides 176 horsepower and 172 lb. ft. of torque. Coupled with the company’s Dual Variable Valve Technology, the fuel economy remains unparalleled in its class.
It gives 31 mpg on a highway, and the car has a ‘Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II’ rating. It also includes dynamic torque control on the AWD models, providing maximum grip and traction on the road. All in all, the 2015 Toyota RAV4 is a worthy improvement over its predecessor, and deserves the praise.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 is not yet available in Nigeria, though a few sellers have it. When officially available, you can buy at Toyota Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Toyota RAV4 price in Nigeria is expected to range from N5,000,000 to 9,000,000 NGN.
2015 Toyota RAV4 Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Toyota RAV4 SUV:
- Beam Headlights: Projector Beam Headlights, XLE & Limited models add integrated fog lights
- Power Mirrors: Yes (with folding feature), RAV4 XLE & Limited adds turn signal indicators
- Power Moonroof: Yes (except for LE trims)
- Power Liftgates: Yes (only RAV4 Limited trims, optional for XLE) height adjustable with jam protection
- Steel Wheels: 17-inches Wheel (LE trims only)
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 17-inch Wheel (XLE trims), 18-inch Wheel (Limited trims)
- HSEA Glass: Yes
- Rear spoiler: Yes
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: –
- Grille: Yes (only XLE and Limited models)
- Air Conditioning: Yes, but XLE and Limited trims offer Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 6 Speaker System, 11 JBL Speaker System optional for Limited trims
- USB Ports: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 6.1-inch Touchscreen
- Backup Camera: Yes (with projected path)
- Satelite Radio: Yes (except for LE trims)
- Run Apps: Yes Entune App Suite (only Limited), optional for XLE
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LE and XLE)
- Leather Seats: Yes (Sythetic Leather – SofTex) for Limited
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Limited (Leather)
- Power Doors: Yes
- Modes: Yes, Eco/Sport Modes
- Power Windows: Yes, XLE and Limited trims add jam protection
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Smart Stop Technology (SST): Yes
- Airbags: Yes, 8 Airbags
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: –
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: –
- Engine Type: 2.5-Litre 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Dual VVT-i
- Engine Power: 176 hp @ 6000 rpm
- Engine Torque: 172 lb.-ft. @ 4100 rpm
- Ignition System: Electronic with TDI
- Transmission: 6-speed Automatic Transmission
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive or Dynamic touque control 4-wheel drive
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 24/31/26 mpg (FWD) 22/29/25 mpg (AWD)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 72.6 Inches
- Length: 179.9 Inches
- Height: 67.1 Inches (65.4 inches without roof rails)
- Wheelbase: 104.7 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 6.3 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 57.3/55.4 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 54.3/48.9 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 42.6/37.2 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 39.8/38.9 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1558 to 1610 kg
- Cargo Room (without/with rear seat folded): 2.078/1.087 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 60.1 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Towing Capacity: 680 kg
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Totota RAV4 and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
More About Toyota
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review