The Honda Civic is a compact car produced by Japanese car manufacturer Honda. The 2015 Honda Civic is adding a new SE trim that seats between the entry level LX and the Civic EX.
The Honda Civic is one of the most popular cars produced by Honda, having sold millions of units worldwide, and the 2015 model of the vehicle includes some interesting new features that will probably help the vehicle keep its spot as America’s most popular car.
The car was introduced several decades ago in 1972, and has undergone several design revamps. It is now considered an efficient sporty vehicle that provides high performance whilst remaining family friendly.
The 2015 model of the Honda Civic vehicle comes in sedan and coupe variants. Both variants are available in four different trims, these trims being LX, which is the lower end trim, EX, which is the midrange trim, and EX-L and EX-L Navi, which are the high end trims. Additional trims available solely for the sedan are HF and SE trims.
The 2015 Honda Civic possesses little to no curve at its front, something which will help it become significantly more aerodynamic. The shape of the vehicle seems to reach its maximum height a little further than halfway down the body towards the rear, which tells me that Honda really put in the effort to make the vehicle as aerodynamic.
The lowest end trim, the LX, comes with 15 inch steel wheels. The SE possesses wheels of the same size, except they are alloy wheels rather than steel ones. The 2015 Honda Civic EX and above all possess 17 inch alloy wheels. Other than these aforementioned points, the 2015 model of the Honda Civic is largely unchanged from previous models.
The interior cabin of the 2015 model of the Honda Civic is fairly spacious, but doesn’t possess the sleekness present in comparable cars. Honda seems to have gone for a more utilitarian cabin, which is fine, you just miss the flair that could have been sometimes.
The vehicle possesses a dash that is divided into two tiers, the upper tier possessing a 5 inch visual display for the audio controls and such. Though the interior cabin does not possess much in the way of style, at least compared to other comparable cars, the materials used are solid and can withstand some rough treatment.
In the sedan variant of the 2015 Honda Civic, the rear accommodation is excellent as it provides more room than rival cars, and the room provided in the front seats is comparably sufficient as well.
However, the 2015 Honda Civic provides less storage space than rival vehicles, and this problem is more sever in hybrid models as these models need to make extra room in the back for the battery.
The interior cabin does possess a few interesting features specifically designed to provide comfort to the front seat passenger. An example of such features is a fully adjustable steering wheel and a rear view camera to aid reverse driving and parking, as well as heated front seats in the higher end trims, all of which combine to make a very pleasant driving experience.
The 2015 Honda Civic has all of the customary safety bells and whistles. All trims and variants of the vehicle come with antilock brakes and stability control as standard, as well as full front and side curtain airbags, and the aforementioned rear view camera goes a long way towards making the car a lot safer.
The higher end trims also feature Hondalink, which possesses an emergency crash notification feature. Brake testing revealed that the coupe and sedan variants could come to a stop from 60 miles per hour in 115 and 118 feet respectively, both of which are significantly better than comparable cars in their class.
Additionally, the 2015 Honda Civic received some good reviews from government crash testing authorities as well. The vehicle has received a five star overall rating from government crash testing authorities, as well as four out of a possible five stars for frontal impact test, and a full five out of five for side impact.
Other independent authorities have also noted the high level of safety in roof strength and impact tests, and noted that the front seats provided satisfactory impact protection from whiplash in case of rear impact.
The Civic is Honda’s pride and joy for a reason. Few cars have provided such a consistent track record when it comes to handling and driving, and Honda maintains this proud tradition with the 2015 iteration of the Civic. Although the engine is not overall powerful, being a 1.8 liter four cylinder after all, speed and power were never what the Civic was meant for anyway.
Precision is what the Civic does best, and the 2015 model of the Civic provides a composed, refined and precise drive that is comfortable at the same time. Additionally, the engine is highly fuel efficient, providing 35 miles per gallon with hybrid variants providing up to a phenomenal 45 miles per gallon.
The acceleration is also notably silent, despite the continuously variable transmission, which usually produces more noise than meaningful acceleration.
Overall, the Honda Civic in 2015 is what it always has been: a solid, dependable, reliable, efficient car. Although the interior could be a bit more stylish, and it doesn’t seem to have as many of the bells and whistles we see in other cars available in the same price range, this vehicle still gives you a lot of reasons to buy it, namely the safety features, fuel efficiency and composed drive.
If you are looking for speed, however, this car really isn’t for you. Though the Civic had been shifting towards a more sporty drive these past few years, this variant doesn’t seem to have that same nip in its drive. However, the Civic Si variant does provide a 205 horsepower engine, and as a result of this a much more powerful and swift drive.
The only problem I really have with the 2015 model of the Honda Civic is the lack of special features in the higher level trims.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Honda Civic is not yet available in Nigeria, though a few sellers have it. When officially available, you can buy at Honda Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Honda Civic price in Nigeria is expected to range from N3.5,000,000 to 8,000,000 NGN.
2015 Honda Civic Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Honda Civic Compact Sedan/Salon:
- Beam Headlights: Halogen Headlights, EX and EX-L offers automatic On/Off feature
- Power Mirrors: Yes (with turn signal indicator)
- Power Moonroof: Yes (except for LX and SE trims)
- Power Liftgates: Not Necessary
- Steel Wheels: Yes, 15-inches Wheels (LX trims only)
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 15-inch Wheels (SE and HF trims), 16-inch Wheels (EX trims), 17-inch Wheels (EX-L trims)
- HSEA Glass: –
- Rear spoiler: –
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: –
- Grille: –
- Air Conditioning: Yes, but Civic SE, EX, and EX-L offers Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 4 Speaker System (LX and HF), 6 Speaker System (for Civic SE, EX, and EX-L)
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Available as an optional package for the Civic EX-L
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: Yes, 5-inch Info Display, Civic SE, EX, and EX-L adds a 7-inch Touchscreen for Entertainment
- Backup Camera: Yes
- Satelite Radio: Yes (EX-L with the optional Navigation Package)
- Run Apps: –
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes, EX, EX-L and Touring Adds Smart Entry
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LX, HF, SE, and EX)
- Leather Seats: Yes (EX-L)
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes (EX and EX-L), Rear seat folding available in other trims
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes, Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Leather wrap for EX-L trims
- Power Doors: Yes
- Modes: Yes, Econ Mode
- Power Windows: Yes
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): No
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): No
- Airbags: Yes
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: –
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: –
- Engine Type: 1.8-Litre 4-Cylinder, 16-Valve SOHC i-VTEC Engine
- Engine Power: 143 hp @ 6500 rpm
- Engine Torque: 129 lb.-ft. @ 4300 rpm
- Ignition System: Direct Ignition System
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual (only for LX), Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
- Brakes: Drum Brakes (LX and SE) or Disc Brakes (EX and EX-L)
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 30 / 39 / 33 mpg (CVT) 28 / 36 / 31 mpg (5-Speed Manual), 31 / 41 / 35 (HF)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 69.0 Inches
- Length: 179.4 Inches
- Height: 56.5 Inches
- Wheelbase: 105.1 Inches
- Ground Clearance: –
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 56.6 / 53.3 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 50.5 / 51.4 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 42.0 / 36.2 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 39.0 / 37.1 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1250 to 1329 kg
- Cargo Room: 0.354 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 50 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Towing Capacity: –
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Honda Civic and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
Read Overviews of Honda cars:
- 2015 Honda Pilot
- 2015 Honda Crosstour
- 2015 Honda Fit
- 2015 Honda Accord
- 2015 Honda CR-V
- 2010 Honda Accord
- 2010 Honda Civic
- Honda Pilot 2010
- 2009 Honda Accord
- Honda Pilot 2010 SUV Overview
- Honda CR-V 2009
- Honda City 2009 Compact Cars Reviews
- Honda Pilot 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Civic Cars Reviews
- Honda CR-V 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Vehicle Dealers & Prices