Honda Pilot is a midsized SUV. Honda Pilot 2010 model year offers more power, a roomier interior, and retains its good fuel economy. Honda Pilot 2010 American specification is available in Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring trims. Honda Pilot is available in 4-wheel drive (4WD) and 2-wheel drive (2WD) for all trims.
2010 Honda Pilot receives power from a 3.5 litre SOHC 24-valve i-VTEC V6 engine capable of delivering 250 hp at 5700 rpm. The engine comes with 5-speed automatic transmission.
Honda Pilot 2010 has a 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution EBD and Brake Assist BA for smooth driving and safer braking. Honda Pilot also offers Vehicle Stability Control VSA with traction control. Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems TPMS provided for all tyres continuously monitors tyre pressure and alert driver before tyre pressure reduces significantly.
All safety features are standard in all Honda Pilot models. Safety airbags fitted include Dual Stage Dual Threshold front SRS airbags, Three-row side Curtain airbags with rollover sensor, and Front side airbags with Passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System OPDS. All Honda Pilot 2009 models are fitted with 3-point seat belts in all seating positions with Automatic Tensioning System and Seat Belt Reminder added in front seats.
Other standard safety features in Honda Pilot include side impact door beams, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, child latch and anchor, childproof rear door locks.
All Honda Pilot trims come with Tri-Zone Automatic Climate control with humidity control and air filtration except for the base trim Pilot LX, which offer front and rear air conditioning with air filtration. Honda Pilot LX is fitted with AM/FM/CD audio system with RDS and 7-speakers. The Honda Pilot EX and EX-L trims include a 6 disc-in-dash and subwoofer while Honda Pilot Touring adds a premium 10 speakers audio system.
Honda Pilot offers power windows, cruise control, rear window defogger, power door locks, remote entry system, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, power tailgate locks and speed sensitive volume control.
Honda Pilot 2010 models are equipped with Variable Cylinder Management VCM system, which activates or deactivates only as many engine cylinders as is required to deliver just the amount of power required. Depending on the power requirement, VCM will activate 3, 4, or 6 cylinders, so you fire on all cylinders only when the need arises like when climbing or manoeuvring challenging terrains. VCM plays a key role in Honda Pilot’s overall fuel economy.
Honda Pilot 2010 Specs
- Digital Odometer and digital trip meters
- Hill start assist
- 40/60 split folding seat for row 2 & 3
- USB Audio interface
- Fog light (not included in LX models)
- multi reflector halogen headlamp
- XM radio (not available in Honda Pilot LX)
- Honda DVD rear entertainment (available for Pilot EX-L/Touring)
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature (missing in LX/EX)
- Security System (missing in Honda Pilot LX models)
- Driver and Front Passenger Active Head Restraint
- Drive-by-Wire Throttle System
- Fuel tank capacity: 79.5 litres
- Seating space: 8
- Fuel economy 2WD (city/highway): 17mpg/23mpg
- Fuel economy 2WD (city/highway): 16mpg/22mpg
- Alloy wheels (not available in Honda Pilot LX)
- Active Noise Cancellation ANC
- Direct Ignition System with Immobiliser
- Maintenance Minder System
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (for Honda Pilot Touring)
This review is based on Honda Pilot 2010 American specification. For more information on Honda Pilot, visit worldwide Honda website at world.honda.com
Stallion motors and Globe motors are authorised auto dealers for Honda brands in Nigeria. Honda models bought from accredited Honda dealers in Nigeria come with three-year warranty.
Honda Pilot Auto financing is available from FirstBank plc (Stallion motors) and Union Bank (Globe Motors). Honda Pilot auto finance involves paying 10% down payment and off setting the balance over a 60 months or 48 months period. You may also contact your bank for auto financing options.
Visit our Honda Authorised distributor page for a list of Honda dealers locations (address and/or phone number) in Nigeria.
Read Overviews of Honda cars:
- 2015 Honda Pilot
- 2015 Honda Crosstour
- 2015 Honda Fit
- 2015 Honda Accord
- 2015 Honda CR-V
- 2015 Honda Civic
- 2010 Honda Accord
- 2010 Honda Civic
- Honda Pilot 2010
- 2009 Honda Accord
- Honda Pilot 2010 SUV Overview
- Honda CR-V 2009
- Honda City 2009 Compact Cars Reviews
- Honda Pilot 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Civic Cars Reviews
- Honda CR-V 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Vehicle Dealers & Prices
- Car Prices in Nigeria