The model of the Honda Accord released in 2015 has garnered significant praise and is considered one of the finest vehicles available in the market today, though it does not present any significant change compared to its predecessor.
The Honda Accord is one of the most popular cars ever created by Honda. The vehicle was initially introduced by the Japanese car manufacturer in 1976 as a hatchback, but five years later Honda expanded the Accord series to include a wagon, sedan and coupe as well.
The car’s design and make stayed fairly stable until 2007 when Honda decided to give all models of the Accord a size upgrade. The 2015 Honda Accord is one of the finest mid-size sedan/salon for the year.
There are two variants of the 2015 model of the Honda Accord available. One is a midsized sedan and the other is a coupe. Sedans possessing the four cylinder engine come in five different trims, and if you opt for the more powerful V6 engine you will be able to choose between three different trims.
The 2015 Honda Accord Coupe’s four cylinder variant comes in four available trims whereas the V6 variant comes in two available trims.
The 2015 Honda Accord possesses alloy wheels that range from 16 to 18 inches depending on the style and trim you choose. Overall, the exterior of the Honda Accord’s 2015 model isn’t all that different from the previous year’s model.
It looks like Honda has opted to stick with the winning combination, and rightly so, as it has won the Accord the title of America’s favourite car for decades now.
The new Honda Accord comes with an 8 inch screen that has been included in the car’s design for infotainment. The more highend trims of this car also possess a 6 inch touchscreen display which is far superior to the 8 inch unresponsive screen you get in the lower end trims.
This screen connects to a rear view camera which will certainly make parking in reverse a lot easier for a lot of people. The steering wheel is heated, and is covered in leather which really adds to the car’s polished highend feel.
The 2015 Honda Accord also comes with a built in sunroof in certain trims, and the car possesses Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity. An excellent feature of the higher end trims of the sedan is the auto dimming rear view mirror.
Additionally, the highend trims contain a sophisticated seven speaker audio system which really puts the car on par with its contemporaries, and even getting one up over them in certain respects.
One of the best features in the high end trims is the voice activated navigation system which comes built in with the car. Overall the interior of the 2015 Honda Accord looks elegant, surprisingly so for what is essentially a family car.
However, the fact that most of the best features in the 2015 model of the Honda Accord are only available in the higher end trims definitely takes away from the overall package. Next time around, Honda should really consider putting in a couple of the premium features in the lower level trims as well, as a large chunk of their consumer base probably can’t afford to purchase the higher level trims.
Not doing so this year was a mistake on Honda’s part as it is seems to be sending consumers a message: you don’t deserve the best if you buy our car, you only deserve the best if you buy the most expensive model.
The aforementioned drawback of the best features only being available in the higher trim levels also rings true in the safety department. Although you are certain to get safety features such as antilock disc brakes and traction control, as well as full front seat and side curtain airbags, blind spot monitoring is only available in the upper trim levels of the 2015 Honda Accord.
Depriving lowerend consumers of comfort is one thing, but Honda really should’ve provided the best safety features from the lowest trim level, as safety should never have a price.
Despite this, the 2015 Honda Accord is very, and government safety regulators seems to agree. The 2015 Honda Accord sedan has, in government crash testing, received four stars out of a possible five in frontal impact safety and five out of five in side impact safety.
The 2015 Honda Accord Coupe matches its sedan cousin and goes one better by getting five out of five stars in both frontal as well as side impact safety tests. Additionally, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the 2015 Honda Accord the highest possible rating of “good”, although the coupe got a second best rating of “acceptable” in its frontal impact test.
The 2015 model of the Honda Accord has models that possess a four cylinder engine as well as models that possess a V6 engine. The four cylinder is smooth and powerful and will allow you to accelerate swiftly when the need to overtake arises, making it a surprisingly refined drive.
Vehicles possessing the V6 engine aren’t just swift, they’re fast, and you’d be surprised at just how much speed you can extract from this vehicle, as it can go from 0-60 in less than 8 seconds.
Apart from speed, the 2015 Honda Accord is also great at turning. Although not a sports car by any means, the Accord does manage to hold its own during sharp turns.
Another great feature of the 2015 Honda Accord is the fuel efficiency. The amount of mileage you can get for your fuel from this car would be impressive for a compact vehicle, and this is a midsized sedan we are talking about.
Overall, the 2015 model of the Honda Accord provides a lot of variety, and can be a safe and efficient vehicle, but you’d better save up and buy the more expensive trims if you want the best features.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Honda Accord is not yet available in Nigeria, though a few sellers have it. When officially available, you can buy at Honda Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Honda Accord price in Nigeria is expected to range from N5,000,000 to 10,000,000 NGN.
2015 Honda Accord Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Honda Accord Midsize Sedan:
- Beam Headlights: Projector Beam Halogen Headlights, LED Headlights for the Touring trims, integrated fog lights (except LX trim)
- Power Mirrors: Yes, Accord EX, EX-L, Touring adds turn signal indicators
- Power Moonroof: Yes (except for LX and Sport trims)
- Power Liftgates: Yes
- Steel Wheels: No
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 16-inch Wheel (LX trims), 18-inch Wheel (Sport trims), other trims 17-inch Wheels
- HSEA Glass: –
- Rear spoiler: Yes (Only the Accord Sport)
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: Yes, Dual Exuast for the V6 and Sport trims
- Grille: –
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 4 Speaker System (LX and Sport), 6 Speaker System (EX), 7 Speaker System (EX-L and Touring)
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Yes (only Touring trims), optional in EX-L trims
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 8-inch Infotainment Screen (except CR-V LX)
- Backup Camera: Yes
- Satelite Radio: Yes (EX-L and Touring trims)
- Run Apps: –
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes, EX, EX-L and Touring Adds Smart Entry
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LX, Sport, and EX)
- Leather Seats: Yes (EX-L and Touring)
- 60/40 split fold-down: No, but rear seat can be folded back
- Cruise Control: Yes, Accord Touring adds Adaptive Cruise Control
- Steering Wheel: Yes Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Leather wrap for EX-L and Touring
- Power Doors: Yes
- Modes: Yes, Econ/Sport Modes
- Power Windows: Yes
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): –
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Yes (only in Accord EX-L and Touring trims)
- Airbags: Yes
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: –
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: –
- Engine Type: 2.4-Litre 4-Cylinder, 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC Engine or 3.5-Litre V6, 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC Engine
- Engine Power: 185 hp @ 6400 rpm (4-cylinder) or 278 hp @ 6200 rpm (V6)
- Engine Torque: 181 lb.-ft. @ 3900 rpm (4-cylinder) or 252 ib.-ft. @ 4900 rpm (V6)
- Ignition System: Direct Ignition System
- Transmission: 6-speed Manual Transmission (LX, Sport, EX) or 6-speed Automatic Transmission (V6 Engine)
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 24 / 34 / 27 mpg (Manual), 27 / 36 / 31 mpg (CVT), 21 / 34 / 26 mpg (Automatic)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 72.8 Inches
- Length: 191.4 Inches
- Height: 57.7 Inches
- Wheelbase: 109.3 Inches
- Ground Clearance: –
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 58.6 / 56.5 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 55.6 / 54.7 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 42.5 / 38.5 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 39.1 / 37.5 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1447 to 1614 kg
- Cargo Room: 0.447 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 65.1 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Towing Capacity: –
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Honda Accord and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
Read Overviews of Honda cars:
- 2015 Honda Pilot
- 2015 Honda Crosstour
- 2015 Honda Fit
- 2015 Honda CR-V
- 2015 Honda Civic
- 2010 Honda Accord
- 2010 Honda Civic
- Honda Pilot 2010
- 2009 Honda Accord
- Honda Pilot 2010 SUV Overview
- Honda CR-V 2009
- Honda City 2009 Compact Cars Reviews
- Honda Pilot 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Civic Cars Reviews
- Honda CR-V 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Vehicle Dealers & Prices