The Samsung Galaxy A10e seems like a more affordable variant of the Galaxy A10. Of course, the consequence of the more affordable price tag is that some of the features has been downgraded. Galaxy A10e is getting Android 10 update.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A10e
While the Galaxy A10s offered some upgrades to the A10, the Galaxy A10e went the other way with downgrades in camera and battery capacity. This model seems to be targeted at the United States.
The Samsung phone is powered by the same Exynos 7884 chipset which same as available on the A10 and promises a fast performance.
In this review and spaces, we will be looking to see the latest innovation that the Samsung Galaxy A10e brings to the market. As usual, we will be starting with the design and display and round things off on price and availability.
Samsung Galaxy A10e Key Specs & Features
- 5.83 inch PLS TFT Infinity-V Display, 720 x 1560 pixels (295 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, upgradeable to Android 10
- Octa-core Exynos 7884 CPU
- 2GB RAM or 4GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 8MP (or 5MP) Rear Camera
- 5MP (or 2MP) Front Camera
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- 3,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Ion Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A10e comes in a dimension of 155.6 x 75.6 x 7.9 mm and weighs 168 grams. The smartphone is available in different colors black, blue and red.
However, Samsung decide to offer more colour options in future. The device is not waterproof and is also not dust-proof.
In the display section, get a brilliant IPS LCD touchscreen offering up to 16 million colors. The screen size is 5.83 inches, having an 81.4 percent screen-to-body ratio.
Just like the A10 the screen resolution here is 720 x 1520 pixels with multi-touch support for up to ten fingers.
Hardware and Software
The Galaxy A10e comes with the latest Android 9.0 Pie. The software should run smoothly.
There is also an Exynos 7884 chipset with an octa-core CPU and Mali G71 MP2 GPU. Speaking about the memory or storage capacity, it features 2GB of RAM.
Its 16GB internal storage can be expanded by up to 512 GB. This device is presented with an accelerometer and proximity Sensors.
Camera and Battery
Samsung Galaxy A10e features two cameras, one is on the rear and the other on the front. The rear sports an 8 megapixel camera with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, HDR, Panorama and many more features.
The front camera offers a single 5 megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture. There are more features for these cameras, geo-tagging, digital, face detection, autofocus, and more.
There is also an option for more modest cameras. The Samsung Galaxy A10e offers the option of a 5 megapixels rear camera and a 2 megapixels front camera.
Samsung Galaxy A10e is powered with a 3,000 mAh Li-Po non-removable battery. The battery does not support wireless charging option.
Network and Connectivity
Samsung Galaxy A10e is supports 4G LTE. It can handle GSM, HSPA, and LTE technology.
There are two Nano-SIM card slots for network and connectivity unit. Take note that this phone also supports the 2G and 3G networks.
Samsung Galaxy A10e Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A10e price starts at $149.99 in the United States. You an also get it on the Sprint Network on a $5 per month lease after a $25 down payment.
Samsung Galaxy A10e Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A10e :
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie, upgradeable Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 1.6GHz dual-core + 1.35GHz Hexa-core (Exynos 7884)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 147.3 x 69.6 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 141 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 5.83 inches, PLS TFT Infinity-V Display,720 x 1560 pixels (295 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Front Glass Cover
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/1.9, AF or 5 MP Camera, AF
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, f/2.0 or 2 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 14(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: micro-USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No