It also has a four rear camera with an ample 8GB and generous inbuilt storage of 256GB. Although the color options are not that attractive, still many would prefer this over its siblings the Reno2 F. Well, let’s look at what the phone is bringing to the table.
Oppo Reno2 Z Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (395 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90
- 8GB RAM and 256GB inbuilt storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16 MP Motorized Popup Front Camera
- 4G LTE network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- 4000 mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design And Display
In terms of body design, the Oppo Reno2 Z is built to be premium. The smooth panel, curved edges, the camera settings, the branded logo that is stylishly designed gives the phone a nice touch.
It’s built with the combination of aluminum alloy and glass which will surely stand the taste of time. It measures 162.4 x 75.8 x 8.7 mm in dimensions and weight 195 grams just like the Reno2 F.
Turning to the front, you will be greeted with a full screen that gives the device a unique look. Yes, it ditched the notch, instead, it offers a full-screen display.
The display has a size of 6.53 inches with an AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. It packs an impressive resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio and 395 ppi density. You will also get a corning gorilla glass 5 protecting the screen from scratch and crack.
On the camera department, the Oppo Reno2 Z has a four-camera that consists of 48 MP wide with an additional 8 MP ultrawide camera, another 2 MP and lastly is 2 MP depth sensor.
The camera features Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can also shoot 4K videos. The Reno2 F will shoot better video quality than the Reno2 F.
Upfront is a selfies snapper of 16 MP that makes use of a pop-up mechanism. The camera is paired with an LED flash for low light shooting.
Hardware And Software
Under the hood, the Oppo Reno2 Z has an upper mid-range Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 SOC built with 12nm process technology. It has an octa-core processor minding its business at a speed of 2.2 GHz. The PowerVR GM9446 GPU will ensure you enjoy gaming on your device.
The memory is 8GB RAM with an inbuilt storage of 256GB. As you can see, the memory has been upgraded as well. You can still expand it if you want with micro SD card.
Battery And Network
Fueling the smartphone is a non-removable battery capacity of 4000 mAh with support for battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge 3.0). The juicer should be able to last a full day under normal usage.
Oppo Reno2 Z has a dual SIM card with a 4G LTE connectivity network. Other features on the phone are WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS for location tracking and Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Oppo Reno2 Z Price And Availability
The Oppo Reno2 Z is now available for purchase online for $525. You can order the phone in Sky White, and Luminous Black colors.
In Nigeria, the Reno2 Z is expected to cost around 190,000 Naira. In Ghana, it will sell for 2,900 GHS and 56,000 KES in Kenya.
Oppo Reno2 Z Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno2 Z:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm), Octa-core (2.2 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 & 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Sky White, Luminous Black
- Dimension: 162.4 x 75.8 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 195 gram
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density), AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultra wide) + 2 MP + 2 MP (depth) Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP Camera, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes