The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro offers flagship value for a price that can be best described as Midrange. With the Redmi K20 Pro, you have an attractive design, a flagship processor, brilliant cameras, big storage, good batteries, and fast charge.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro specs and Price.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels (403 PPI)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7nm)
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- 64GB /128GB / 256GB built-in storage – No memory card support.
- 48MP + 8MP + 13MP Tri-Rear Camera
- 20MP Motorized popup Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (Under Display)
- 18W Fast Battery Charging
- 4000mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro features a very beautiful design born out of thoughtful thinking. This design is going to get you having a second look.
From the feel the round corners give to your palm and the awesome full view display upfront, the smartphone is nothing but a masterpiece, under this price point.
It comes in Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue, summer honey and pearl white.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro has glass on both the front and back panel. This glass has the gorilla 5 layer for protection. Both the front and back glass panels are held in place by a metal frame.
This Mobile Phone features a gradient design on the rear. It is a mixture of two striking colors, that creates the illusion of a void in the middle. Only the Flame red and Glacier blue has this gradient design.
This covering on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro houses a triple camera system, a camera flash, the Redmi and the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha branding.
Upfront on the device, you have a 6.39-inch super AMOLED display, with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It’s all-screen without a notch. This was made possible by the presence of a pop-up selfie camera.
Being a super AMOLED display, you have all the goodies at your fingertips. I mean pitch blackness, rich colors and lots more. The screen gets plenty bright outdoors and very dark in the doors, to protect your eyes from being hurt.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro spots volume colored volume control keys and power buttons on the right side of its metal frame. On top of this frame, there is a popup camera and a headphone jack, while on the bottom there is a USB Type-C port, a speaker grille, and MIC.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 are more than your average set of cameras. The camera department on the device houses camera hardware that is certainly going to output astonishing images.
On the android phone, you have a set of triple rear cameras that houses most of the cameras goodies you might have been craving. When I say camera goodies, I mean a big primary sensor, a telephoto camera, and an ultra-wide-angle camera.
On the rear, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, just like the Redmi K20 sports a Sony IMX586 48MP primary shooter with an aperture of F/1.75, 13 megapixels ultra-wide camera with an aperture of F/2.4 and an 8MP telephoto camera with an aperture of F/2.4. The device also sports a 20MP Pop-up selfie camera.
Similar to what we had on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, the 48 megapixels primary shooter on the Redmi K20 pro outputs 12MP images on default, but there is an option for you to shoot full 48MP photos, just in case you need high-res photos.
For videos, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Shoots 2160p videos at 30 or60fps, 1080p videos at 30,120,240 or 960fps.
Hardware and Software
The price tag on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro may create an impression of it being a mid-range device, but careful observation reveals that the Xiaomi Redmi phone isn’t a mid-range device at all. It is packed with high-end specs for top-notch performance.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is packed with hardware specs that makes it go toe to toe with high end with thousand dollar flagships.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro features a 7nm Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, comprising of a tri-cluster architecture with a single core processor clocked at up to 2.84GHz, a tri-core processor clocked at up to 2.41GHz, and a quad-core processor clocked at up to 1.78GHz for power efficiency.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro also comes packed with Andreno 640 Graphics processing unit, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB or 256GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Please note that this device doesn’t come with a micro-SD slot. This means you won’t be able to expand internal storage.
The handset features a non-removable 4000mAh Li-po battery, with a 27W fast charge mechanism. Powered by Qualcomm quick charge 4+
For software, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro runs MIUI 10 on top of the Android 9 Pie operating system. As at the time this article was written, there was no word on future Android OS updates.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a version 2.0 USB type C port. There is also dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC (Near Field Connection) on this device.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro has support for Band 3, 7, and 20. MTN, Airtel and 9Mobile 4G sim cards are supported on this smartphone.
Please note that this cellphone doesn’t support Glo 4G. If the absence of Glo 4G support is a deal-breaker for you, you can opt for the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro has support for Glo 4G.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Price and Availability
The base version of the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro costs about 130,000 Naira, which is around $359. The Xiaomi Redmi K20 pro is currently on sale in retail stores new you. You can also purchase it at online stores.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi K20 Pro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.85GHz Kyro 485 + 2.42GHz tri-core Kyro 485 + 1.78GHz quad-core Kyro 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm))
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colors: Carbon black, Red flame, Glacier blue
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm (6.17 x 2.93 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR10
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (f/1.8, 0.8-micron, wide) + 8MP (f/2.4, 1.12-micron, telephoto) + 13MP (f/2.4, 1.12-micron, ultra wide), [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, PDAF, 2x optical zoom, panorama
- Front Camera: 20MP Motorized pop-up Camera, f/2.2, 0.8µm, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C (USB 2.0), USB on the Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 27W Fast Charging Capacity