The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G is a provision for enthusiasts who find 5G connectivity more imperative than have the cheapest price in the series as seen on the standard Mi 11 Lite. This goes in line with the system we had with the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G. In addition to offering 5G, we also have a more capable processor and more.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.55-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (402 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G (5 nm) Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 5G Support
- 33W Fast Charging
- 4250mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Design on the Mi 11 Lite 5G is pretty much the same as the vanilla Mi 11 lite, only with different colour options. However, making a comparison with its predecessor shows a chassis design, which sets both smartphones apart in respect to chassis design.
Taking a kick start with the rear panel, we discover a move from a curved surface to a flatter surface. The camera module was also designed differently, leaving us with a more compact design.
Upfront, we have a 6.55 inch AMOLED display, which is a bit smaller than the 6.57 inches. display on the MI 10 Lite 5G. In lieu of the drop notch we had on the processor, we now have a punch-hole camera on the top left. What’s more, the highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of 402 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
The Cameras on the Xiaomi Mi Lite 5G are close to being a reminiscence of the ones on the standard Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. What sets them apart, is the front-facing camera, here we have a 20MP single camera with an aperture of f/2.2, as opposed to the 16MP on its vanilla sibling.
On the rear camera setup, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. We also have an 8MP ultrawide camera a 119˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G performance is governed by the Snapdragon 780G processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 732G processor on its less premium sibling and the Snapdragon 765G processor on the Mi 10 Lite 5G.
Also on board is an Adreno 642 GPU, option for either 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage options as opposed to the 64GB / 128GB storage on the standard MI 11 lite. We also have a non-removable 4250mAh Li-Po.
Lastly, we have the luxury of 33W fast charging as opposed to the 30W charging on its non-5G sibling.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G features Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, infrared port, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 11 lite doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G technology on this device.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G price starts at is around $429, which translates to about 166,116 Naira in Nigeria, 47,481 KSH in Kenya, and 2,514 GHC in Ghana.
The launch date was the 29th of March 2021. It will be available for purchase from the 16th of April 2021.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 780G (5 nm) (Octa-corer 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.90 GHz Kryo 670)
- GPU: Adreno 642
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Truffle Black, Mint Green, Citrus Yellow
- Dimension: 160.5 x 75.7 x 6.8 mm
- Weight: 159 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.55 inches AMOLED Touch Screen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 402 PPI, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~85.3% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 119˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama,PDAF, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-GO
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4250mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (33W Capacity)