On paper, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro offerings doesn’t really portray a good example of a smartphone with the Pro moniker. Its offerings aren’t really far-fetched from what we have on the vanilla Xiaomi Mi 11. Leaving us with enthusiasts with few reasons to go for the Mi 11 Pro. However, it does offer a bigger battery capacity and a faster charge mechanism.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Xiaomi Mi Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.81-inch, AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (515 PPI), 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Processor
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 50MP + 13MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 67W Wired Fast Charging
- 67W Fast Wireless Charging
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro’s design is basically a reminiscence of the vanilla Mi 11 design. Putting both smartphones side by side leaves you with the same chassis design, with different colour variants.
Speaking on color variants, the options available here include Black, Green, Purple. This means we have triple options.
On the rear, we have a camera module bearing three cameras. A closer look shows that one camera directly below the biggest camera happens to be squared shape, as opposed to the circular one it’s vanilla sibling. This could actually be one of the ways to differentiate both smartphones.
Also on the rear is an LED flash system in a square shape, as opposed to the circular LED flash on its vanilla sibling. Lastly, we have also got the Xiaomi branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone. The whole placement pretty much sums up a simple design.
Moving upfront, we are served with a 6.81 inches AMOLED display. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of 515 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate. What’s more, this display has the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection as seen on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S21.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro cuts down on the rear primary camera, leaving enthusiasts with a 50MP camera in lieu of the 108MP camera on the vanilla Mi 11. The other members of the rear camera system include an 8MP periscope telephoto camera capable of 5x optical zoom and a 13MP ultrawide camera with a 123˚ field of view.
Video recording with the rear camera system is capped at 8K @ 24fps. Please do well to refer to the specs sheet for the other video record modes.
Moving up front we have got the same 20MP selfie camera as seen on its vanilla sibling. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 60fps.
Hardware and Software
The performance hardware on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro is pretty much a reminiscence of what we had on a vanilla sibling. However, enthusiasts will be served with a 67W fast wired charging and a 67W fast wireless charging as opposed to the 55W fast wired charging and 50W charging on the vanilla Mi 11.
What’s more, it also offers a 5000mAh battery as opposed to the 4600mAh battery on its less premium sibling.
The other performance facilitators are pretty much the same as we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, an Adreno 660 GPU, option for either 8GB or 12GB RAM, and the option for either 128GB or 256GB built-in storage.
Governing the software is the MIUI user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro features Bluetooth 5.2, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 11 doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G speed for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro starts around $835.99 for the 8GB / 128GB variants, which translates to about 318,512 Naira in Nigeria, 91,082 KSH in Kenya, and 4,820 GHC in Ghana.
Launch day was on March 29th and the Xiaomi 11 pro is expected to e available for purchase as from April 3rd 2021. Please note that it comes in three colours including Black, green and purple.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 128GB / 256GB
- Colours: Black, Green, Purple
- Dimension: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 208 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.81 inches AMOLED, 1440 x 3200 Pixels, ~91.4% screen-to-body ratio, ~515 PPI Density
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Periscope/Telephoto) 5x optical zoom + 13MP (Ultrawide)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, OIS, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+ rec
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 – China
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Tri-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes (67W Capacity)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity