The Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime may be a sequel to the standard Redmi 10 but they aren’t very different, they are basically almost the same. The only difference lies in the battery, as the prime brings a 6000 mAh battery to the table in lieu of the 5000 mAh battery on the former. Aside from that, all other specs basically the same.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime Key Specs and Features
- 6.5-inches LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (~405 PPI), 90Hz Refresh
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 50MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 4G Network
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 9W Wired Charging
- 6000 Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The design department is unarguable the most conspicuous indicator of reminiscence, as it’s the first thing you notice immediately you grab the smartphone. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime isn’t an exception to this rule, as having a gaze at it will remind you of the standard Redmi 10 as they both share the same design.
On the rear of the Redmi 10 Prime, you will find a gradient design on which a camera module bearing four cameras and an LED flash. You will also find the Redmi branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
Flipping the device to get a view of its front panel, reveals the same 6.5 inches IPS LCD with a punch-hole camera in the top middle position. The other highlights of the parameters of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a density of 405 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
What’s more, we have the colour option available on the Redmi 10 prime includes Astral White, Bifrost Blue, Phantom Black, whereas we have Carbon Gray, Pebble White, Sea Blue.
The colour options may have different names, however, they are basically the same in appearance. We also do have dust and splash-proof as seen on the former.
Looking for camera upgrades? probably you would have to look else whereas the Redmi 10 Prime bears the same setup as the standard Redmi 10
On the rear, we have a 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view. We also have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Lastly, we have a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Moving upfront on the selfie side, we have a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. Video recording is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The performance setup on the Xiaomi Redmi 10 prime is basically the same as seen on the standard Redmi 10, with the only difference being its higher capacity 6000mAh battery as opposed to 5000mAh.
With the above fact in place, we are left with an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G88 processor, a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU, 4GB / 6GB RAM options and 64GB / 128GB storage options.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12.5 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime price starts around $167, which translates to 68,724 Naira, 18,379 KSh in Kenya, and 1,012 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime was announced on September 3rd 2021 and released for purchase on September 7th 2021.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm) (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Astral White, Bifrost Blue, Phantom Black
- Dimension: 161.2 x 75.6 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~405 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Side-mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity