The Umidigi G3 Max is a slightly more advanced version of the Umidigi G3 Plus, released alongside the standard Umidigi G3 in 2023. Umidigi G3 Max features a larger 6.6-inch IPS LCD display, Unisoc T606 Octa-Core processor, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, dual rear cameras (50MP + 2MP), an 8-megapixel front camera, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, face unlock, and a 5150mAh battery.
Where to Buy UmiDigi G3 Max
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Umidigi G3 Max Key Specs and Features
- 6.6-inch Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20.06:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 13
- Unisoc T606 Octa-core Processor
- 8GB RAM (plus additional 8GB virtual RAM)
- 50 MP + 2 MP AI Dual Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 1TB Memory Card
- 4G LTE (4G VoLTE)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- AI Face Unlock
- 5150 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Although the Umidigi G3 Max has a similar design to the other two variant, it has a slightly larger display. It feature a glass front, plastic frame and plastic back which gives a premium leather-feel. This device come in a range of colors including Premium Orange, Midnight Blue, and Iceland Blue.
The Umidigi G3 Max measures 164 x 75.89 x 8.8 mm and weighs 192 grams, which makes it slightly heavier than some other mid-range smartphones. However, the weight feels well distributed, and the device is comfortable to hold.
On the front of the device, you will see a large 6.6-inch IPS LCD display which is slightly larger compare to G3 Plus and standard G3. It comes with a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels and a waterdrop-style notch at the top for selfie camera. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which helps to protect against scratches and minor drops.
Additionally, on the back of the Umidigi G3 Max, there is a dual-camera setup aligned vertically in the top-left corner, along with a LED flash. The camera module protrudes slightly from the back of the device. The Umidigi branding is located in the right side of the back panel, towards the bottom.
Furthermore, the right side of the android phone has a volume alongside a power button which doubles-in as a fingerprint sensor, while the SIM card tray and microSD card slot are on the left side. The device also features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, and speaker grille at the bottom.
As expected, the Umidigi G3 Max has the best camera of the three variant. Although, it has the same dual camera setup, the Umidigi G3 Max comes with a massive 50-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. The primary camera has an aperture of f/1.6 with support for PDAF, while the secondary camera has an aperture of f/2.4. The camera setup is supported by dual LED flash, which helps to take better pictures in low-light conditions.
The camera app on the Umidigi G3 Max offers various shooting modes, including portrait mode, panorama, and HDR, among others. The phone also features AI scene recognition, which can help to automatically optimize camera settings based on the subject being captured.
On the front of the device, there is an 8-megapixel camera for selfies and video calls. The front camera has an aperture of f/2.0 and is also supported by a soft LED flash for low-light situations. It also features AI beauty mode, which can help to enhance selfies.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Umidigi G3 Max is powered by an octa-core UNISOC Tiger T606 processor. It is built on a 12nm manufacturing process, which is relatively power-efficient compared to older manufacturing processes.
This chipset features an octa-core CPU, consisting of two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. It also features the Mali-G52 MP2 GPU, which is capable of handling most mobile games and graphics-intensive applications. In
The device comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, which is double the storage for Umidigi G3+ and G3. This storage can be expanded up to 1TB via a microSD card.
Furthermore, Umidigi G3 max runs on Android 13, with the Umidigi UI skin on top. The UI offers a clean and intuitive interface, with added features such as gesture controls and split-screen mode for multitasking.
In terms of connectivity, the Umidigi G3 Max supports dual SIM cards, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and 4G LTE. The phone also features a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer. The Umidigi device is powered by a non-removable 5150mAh battery, which offers decent battery life, although it may not last as long as some of the other mid-range smartphones on the market.
Umidigi G3 Max Price and Availbility
Umidigi G3 Max price starts at $139 / €139 / ₹15,900. The Umidigi G3 Max price in Nigeria is expected about ₦130,000.
Umidigi G3 Max Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi G3 Max:
- Platform: Android 13
- Processor: Unisoc T606 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (1.6 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.6 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MP1
- Memory: 8GB RAM (plus 8GB Extended RAM)
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Iceland Blue, Premium Orange
- Dimension: 164 x 75.89 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6 inch Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20.6:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP f/1.8 + 2 MP (macro) f/2.4 Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, HDR, Night mode, Dual-LED Flash, Real-time Filters, Face Recognition, 1080p Full HD Videos
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, 720p HD Videos
- Built-in Storage: 128GB eMMC 5.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 2G Band: 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: WCDMA Bands: 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5( 850), 6(800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE-FDD Bands B1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 17 / 20 / 28A / 28B / 66, LTE-TDD Bands B38 / 40 / 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A, 4G VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, Micro USB Type-C 2.0 reversible connector, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5150 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity