Oppo has launched its latest foldable phone the Oppo Find N3 Flip, succeeding the Find N2 Flip. It now features an upgraded camera setup, a new Alert Slider, a triple camera setup tuned by Hasselblad with 3.26-inch outer display and a 120Hz LTPO 6.8-inch AMOLED inner screen. The Find N3 Flip is also powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9200 chipset and up to 12GB RAM.
Oppo Find N3 Flip Key Specs and Features
- 6.8 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels (~403 ppi density), ~85.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, ColorOS 13.2
- Mediatek Dimensity 9200 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 32 MP (telephoto) + 48 MP (ultrawide) Triple Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 44W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4300 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
But for the larger circular camera module, the Oppo Find N3 Flip could have been mistaken for its predecessor “Galaxy Z Flip 5“ or its predecessor Find N2 Flip. It folds in half along a hinge in the middle, which is designed to withstand repeated folding and unfolding. However, it still boasts
The Oppo Find N3 Flip has a premium build made of plastic rear and frame and Gorilla Glass front panel. It has has a combined thickness of around 16.4mm (around 0.6 inches) which slims down to 7.8mm (around 0.3 inches) when opened, which is slightly chunkier than the Z Flip 5’s respective 15.1mm folded / 6.9mm unfolded thickness. The weight sits at 198 grams (around 6.9 ounces) compared to the Z Flip’s 187 grams (6.5 ounces).
When folded, the Oppo Find N3 Flip has a 3.26 inches cover display on the front that can be used to access basic functions without opening the device. The cover display uses AMOLED display panel with a resolution of 382 x 720 pixels.
Upon unfolding the 5G phone, there is a large 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED display. Thanks to the gapless Flex Hinge, the two halves completely lock together resulting in a flat large display. The front camera has been discreetly hidden within a punch-hole in the top-center of the display, allowing for maximum screen real estate.
Meanwhile, the large circular camera module beside the outer display host the triple rear camera. It also includes the LED flash sitting beside the camera lens.
The top of this phone features a microphone, while the bottom houses the primary microphone, USB-C port, and one of the speakers. The dual-SIM card tray is also located on the left side, and the power/lock keys and volume buttons are situated on the right side, with the power key doubling as a fast and accurate fingerprint scanner.
The Oppo Find N3 Flip boasts an impressive display setup that enhances your visual experience. When unfolded, the device features a spacious 6.8-inch LTPO AMOLED display with a high resolution of 1080 x 2520 pixels. This results in a pixel density of approximately 403 pixels per inch, ensuring that every detail on the screen is sharp and clear. The 21:9 aspect ratio provides an elongated viewing experience, ideal for various content.
It also feature the dynamic 120Hz refresh rate which ensures that animations and touch interactions are incredibly smooth and responsive. The display also supports HDR10+ content, delivering high-quality visuals with enhanced contrast and color accuracy. With a peak brightness of 1,200 nits in High Brightness Mode (HBM) and a remarkable 1,600 nits at its peak, the screen remains visible and vibrant even in bright outdoor conditions.
Meanwhile, even when folded, the device maintains display quality. The cover screen measures 3.26 inches and features an AMOLED panel with a resolution of 382 x 720 pixels. This results in a pixel density of 250 pixels per inch, offering a compact yet clear display. It has a brightness of 800 nits in High Brightness Mode (HBM) and a peak brightness of 900 nits, hence, it remains versatile for use in various lighting conditions.
Unlike the dual camera on the Find N2 Flip, the Oppo Find N3 Flip has added telephoto camera, therefore, we have a triple camera on the rear. These includes a 50 MP primary camera, a 32 MP telephoto camera and a 48 MP ultrawide camera. For selfie lover however, there is a 32 MP front facing camera.
The primary rear camera boasts a 50MP sensor and features an optical format of 1/1.56″, 1.0µm pixel size, with OIS and a multi-directional PDAF. The lens has an aperture of f/1.8, allowing for excellent low-light performance.
Furthermore, there is a supporting 32MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, providing the ability to get closer to your subjects. It also supports PDAF for capturing sharp and clear photos, especially in fast-paced or dynamic photography situations.
Additionally, the 48MP camera has f/2.2 aperture and a 114˚ angle for capturing landscapes, which helps capture good quality images in low-light conditions. The ability to autofocus adds versatility to capturing wide-angle shots.
The front-facing camera has a 32-megapixel sensor and an aperture of f/2.4. It is located in a hole punch cutout on the main display of the device and can be used for selfies, video calls, and facial recognition. The sensor has a 1/2.74″ optical format with 0.8µm pixels, which ensures good selfie image quality.
Oppo Find N3 Flip supports video recording at up to 4K30 resolution using h.264 encoding both on rear and selfie camera. While video stabilization is generally satisfactory, it may have limitations in challenging scenarios.
Hardware and Software
On the inside, the Oppo Find N3 Flip is powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 9200, a high-end foldable chipset, offering fantastic performance. It boasts an octa-core CPU configuration, with one high-performance Cortex-X3 cores clocked at up to 3.05 GHz, three Cortex-A715 clocked at 2.85 GHz and an additional four power-efficient Cortex-A510 cores clock at 1.80 GHz for less demanding tasks. Accompanying this powerful CPU is an Immortalis-G715 MC11 GPU, dedicated to handling graphics-intensive tasks with finesse.
It also has up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. Therefore, the android phone handles multiple tasks, 4K video streaming, and demanding gaming without any slowdowns.
On the software side, the Oppo Find N3 Flip runs on ColorOS 13.2 based on Android 13. This OS offers a user friendly interface, software updates and security patches, which is a most welcome development.
This phone also supports 5G network, Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC Dual GPS/AGPS, and GLONASS. The Find N3 Flip sports a higher battery capacity compare to Tecno Phantom V Flip. It packs a 4,300 mAh battery, which supports 44W charging, which according to the company can charge up to 50% in 23 min.
Oppo Find N3 Flip Price and Availability
Oppo Find N3 Flip price starts at $ 860.00 / € 899.99 / £ 889.99 at leading retailers. The Find N3 Flip price in Nigeria starts at around ₦780,000.
Oppo Find N3 Flip Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Find N3 Flip:
- Platform: Android 13, ColorOS 13.2
- Processor: Mediatek Dimensity 9200 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.05 GHz Cortex-X3 and 2.85 GHz tri-core Cortex-A715 and 1.80 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Immortalis-G715 MC11
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5x RAM
- Colours: Astral Black, Moonlit Gold, Mist Rose
- Dimension: Unfolded: 166.4 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm, Folded: 85.5 x 75.8 x 16.5 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.8 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels (~403 ppi density), ~85.6% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, 1200 nits (HBM), 1600 nits (peak) Brightness; 3.26 inches AMOLED Cover Display, 382 x 720 pixels (250 ppi), 800 nits (HBM), 900 nits (peak) Brightness
- Screen Protection: Yes, Plastic for Folded Display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for Cover Display
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, multi-directional PDAF, OIS + 32 MP (telephoto), f/2.0, 2x optical zoom, PDAF + 48 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 114˚ FoV, Autofocus Triple Rear Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide), f/2.4 Camera, Autofocus, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30; gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB (UFS 4.0)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes, eSE, HCE, NFC-SIM
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4300 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 44W Fast Charging Capacity