Umidigi X is finally out. The android phone offers a brilliant AMOLED display and promises great battery life. You also get dual 4G VoLTE and a triple camera setup that has an impressive 48 megapixels camera in the mix.
The Umidigi X comes with very beautiful and impressive body shape. It features a large screen display size with an AMOLED display that houses an on-screen fingerprint sensor.
How interesting, you will also get a very large battery capacity and it has a substantial inbuilt memory as well.
Umidigi X Key Specs & Features
- 6.35-inch AMOLED Infinity-U Display, 720 x 1548 pixels, 19.35:9
- Android 9 Pie (Stock Android)
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio P60, 4GB RAM
- 128GB inbuilt storage, up to 256GB memory card
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera and 16MP Front Camera
- AI Camera Features
- 4G LTE, Dual VoLTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (In-Display)
- 4150mAh Non-removable Li-Po battery
Design and Display
Umidigi X is built looks premium, though the build is plastic. The smooth panel comes in two colour options flame black and breathing crystal.
In the front, the 6.35-inch AMOLED display stands tall. It features a screen resolution of 720 x 1548 pixels, 269 ppi density, and an amazing 100000:1 contrast, which should offer reasonable viewing experience for movies.
You get a waterdrop notch that houses the 16 megapixels selfie camera. The fingerprint sensor is under the screen like is now available in some flagships.
Camera and Battery
Umidigi X comes with a very smart camera with AI technology baked in. It is equipped a triple rear cameras set-up.
The main camera is an amazing 48 megapixels ultra clear sensor. The setup is completed by an 8MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 5 megapixels depth sensor for bokeh effect.
The 48 MP main camera comes with a half-inch sensor with f/1.79 large aperture and 1.6μm, 4in1 super-pixel which takes pretty photos even in a low lighted situation.
Wow, good news, for the Selfie lovers you are going to get a front selfie camera of 16 megapixels which comes with an AI to improve the camera.
The Umidigi X features a massive battery capacity, it’s loaded with a 4150mAh non-removable battery capacity interestingly a fast charging technology.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi X is loaded with the Mediatek Helio P60 SoC that comes with an octa-core processor which is clocked at 2.0 GHz.
It features a triple-core ARM Mali-G72 MP3, 800 MHz, GPU taking care of graphics and gaming. This smartphone is running on an Android 9.0 Pie operating system which is upgradeable to Android Q.
The smartphone comes with an internal storage capacity of 128GB which is going to be enough to house all your files including data. Storage space is expandable through a microSD card (up to 256GB) if you want.
It features a 4GB RAM for a smooth performance. Sensors on the Umidigi X include an (In-screen display) Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and Electronic Compass.
Network and Connectivity
The Umidigi X comes with dual SIM with a 4G LTE network for fast browsing and download experience. You also get VoLTE on both SIM cards.
It features other connectivity options on the inside which includes a, b, g, n, n 5GHz, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, 2.0, Micro USB and GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo.
Umidigi X Price and Availability
The Umidigi X price is currently $169.99 on AliExpress 11.11 sale. It is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, it’s expected to sell for around 65,000 Naira.
Umidigi X Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi X:
- Platform: Android 9 Pie (Stock Android)
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.0GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 and 2.0GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 (Mediatek Helio P60)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72 MP3, 3 Cores, 800 MHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue
- Dimension: 75.59 x 158.6 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 202g (with Battery)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD), Dual Standby
- Display: 6.35-inch AMOLED infinity-U Display, 720 x 1548 Pixels (268 ppi), 19.35:9 aspect ratio, 100000:1 contrast ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 48MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Optical image stabilization (OIS), Geotagging, Panorama, HDR, Touch focus, Face detection, AI, and more
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera with f/2.0 Aperture, AI
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB ROM
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256 GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes (also VoLTE)
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (In-Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,150mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W charging Capacity