The Umidigi A3s is an affordable low end / low-cost smartphone that improves on some of the features of its predecessor the Umidigi A3. It features an improved processor, improved cameras, improved battery and lots more.
Where to Buy UmiDigi A3s
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers
It is also one of the most affordable smartphone to boast of Android 10 out of the box. In this article, we explore the Umidigi A3s specs and price.
UmiDigi Key Specs & Features
- 5.7-inch IPS LCD Display, 1440 x 720 pixels
- Android 10
- 2GB RAM
- Quad-core Mediatek Helio A22
- 16GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 16MP + 5MP Dual Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 3,950 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The design on the Umidigi A3s is actually the same as what we have on the Umidigi A3. It features a design that is best described as old fashioned in 2019. This type of design can be attributed to the low price tag it features.
The Umidigi A3s features a plastic build. There is plastic on the rear and plastic on the frame. Upfront you have display boarded by huge bezels. The kind of bezels you considered forgivable if the smartphone in question is a budget smartphone.
The display is a 5.7 inch IPS LCD HD+ display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels.
Color options available for the Umidigi A3s include Midnight Green and Midnight Grey.
The camera system on the Umigidi A3s is home to dual rear cameras and a single front-facing camera. Comparing the sensors to that of its predecessor the smartphone, we discover that the sensors have been stepped up a notch.
The rear dual-camera system of the Umidigi A3s is home to a 16MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera. This camera is capable of taking photos in HDR and also capable of recording 1080p and 720p videos at 30fps.
Upfront, there is a 13MP selfie shooter. This camera is also capable of taking photos in HDR and also shoot 720p videos.
The camera upgrade the Umidigi A3s has over the Umidigi A3 may not be very substantial, but it’s worth discussing.
The Umidigi A3 featured a 12MP primary camera and a 5MP camera in its dual-camera system. This 12MP primary camera has been upgraded to a 13MP camera. The Selfie shooter upgraded from an 8MP camera to a 16MP camera.
Hardware and Software
Similar to the Umidigi A3, the Umidigi A3s features low-end hardware specs, geared towards making basic tasks a breeze. With this smartphone, playing light games, texting, reading documents and light internet surfing with few tabs open, won’t be a problem.
It is home to a MediaTek Mediatek MT6761 processor. It is a 12-nanometer processor, with a processing speed of 2.0GHz.
The smartphone also features an IMG GE8300 GPU, 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, with up to 256GB for Micro-SD storage expansion and also a non-removable 3950mAh battery.
The Umidigi A3s joins the list of smartphones already running the Android 10 operating system. It runs a Non-stock user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Umidigi A3s features a 3.5mm headphone jack, micron-USB port, dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 4G LTE, as there is no support for 5G. The Umidigi A3s has support for 4G connectivity, from the major telecommunication brands in Nigeria, including MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel.
Umidigi A3s Price and Availability
Umidigi A3s price starts at around $59.99. Price in Nigeria should start at around 25,990 Naira.
Umidigi A3s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi A3s:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Quad-core MediaTek MT6761
- GPU: IMG GE8300
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Green, Midnight Grey
- Dimension: 147.2 x 70.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 186g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.7-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 720 pixels (293 ppi), 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 5MP Dual Camera, 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera, 720p
- Built-in Storage: 16GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /3 /5 /8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: FDD: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28, TDD: B38 /40 /41
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, VoLTE
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Micro-USB
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: -Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,950 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –