The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G is the 5G variant of the standard Galaxy Note 20. The main difference here is just 5G support. All other specs remain the same. Its the same display, design, processor, battery etc. In summary, it is a note device specially designed who desires one of the most powerful 5G smartphones in the year 2020.
Where to Buy Samsung Note 20 5G
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Key Specs & Features
- Android 10, One UI 2.5
- 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus Display, 1080 x 2400, Up to 60Hz Refresh Rate, 393 PPI
- Octa-core Exynos 990 (Global)
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (USA)
- 12MP + 64MP + 12MP Triple Rear Camera
- 10MP Front Camera
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- 8GB RAM
- 5G Support
- Fingerprint (Under Display, Ultrasonic)
- Fast Charging (25W Capacity)
- Reverse wireless charging (9W)
- 4300 mAh Non-removable Li-ion battery
Display and Design
Design-wise, we have got the same smartphone. Both the 5G and non-5G variants of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 bear the same design and build. There is no telling which is which. If you love the design on the non-5G variant, then you are going to love that of the 5G variant because its the exact same thing.
For starters, the build of the Galaxy Note 20 5G is made up of Gorilla glass upfront and plastic on the rear. Which is by far the most controversial feature on the Note 20.
However, having a plastic rear covering doesn’t really deter it from having some features accustomed to glass back smartphones. Enthusiasts still have the luxury of wireless charging and an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
The rear of this device is home to a square camera module housing triple cameras and an LED flash. Here you will also find the Samsung branding, which indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront we have got a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display, with a 1080 x 2400 resolution and a 60Hz refresh rate, which is way lower than the 120Hz refresh rate on the Samsung Galaxy S20.
This year Samsung made some conspicuous changes to the S-Pen. Which is aimed at improving the practicality of the S-Pen, which in turns place it as one of the most practical stylus Pen in a similar light to the
The S-Pen on the Galaxy Note 20 5G got a drop in latency, which is good news because having low latency means inputs from the S-Pen will be registered a whole lot faster. This S-Pen has a latency of 26ms as opposed to the 42ms latency on the previous version.
The position of the S-Pen was also changed. In the past, we have had the S-Pen deployed from the right side of the bottom frame. This year Samsung shifted it to the right, for reasons I certainly cannot phantom right now. However, it gonna take some getting used to especially if you owned any of the previous Galaxy Notes.
The cameras are also the same as the non-5G variant. Its the same triple camera system on the rear and the same single front-facing camera, so you really don’t have to bother about losing any feature.
The trio of cameras on the rear consists of a 12MP main camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 64MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.0 which offers a 3x hybrid optical zoom.
The third member of the trio is a 12MP ultrawide camera with a 120˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2. Video record modes with this rear camera setup include [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G is packed with hardware combo that places it as one of the most powerful 5G smartphones available today. This didn’t really come as a surprise due to the prestige held by previous Galaxy Note devices.
Similar to other members of the Galaxy Note 20 series. Enthusiasts living in the USA will get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus processor and the Adreno 650 GPU, while enthusiasts in other parts of the world will get the Exynos 990 Processor and the Mali-G77 MP11 GPU.
However, enthusiasts all over the world will get 8GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 4300 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G features Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC. It also features a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
Please note that enthusiasts in UK, USA, and most other countries will be getting the 5G only variant of the Note 20. However, enthusiasts in Australia will have the option of a 4G only variant.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G price starts at around $800. The smartphone costs around 498,500 Naira in Nigeria and 85,999 KSH in Kenya.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G was announced on August 5th, 2020 and is expected to go on sale on August 21st, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Processor: Exynos 990 (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) – Global OR Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global or Adreno 650 – USA
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze, Mystic Gray, Mystic Red, Mystic Blue
- Dimension: 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM
- SIM Count: Nano-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 393 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 64MP (Telephoto) f/2.0, 3x hybrid optical zoom + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 120˚
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OISstereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera, f/2.2, Dual video call, Auto-HDR, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (Snapdragon model only; Market/operator Dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under display, Ultrasonic)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control:
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68, up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4300 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Capacity