Ring Video Doorbell 4 is an affordable easy to install battery-powered video doorbell featuring improved 1080p camera with HDR support, a 160-degree field of view, night vision, smart alerts, two-way audio that connects to your smartphone, laptop and Amazon smart display. It also has the motion-triggered video recording feature and set up customizable motion zones, so you don’t get false alerts.
Where to Buy Ring Video Doorbell 4
The Video Doorbell 4 offers improved battery life and performance, and enhanced dual-band Wi-Fi networks (2.4- and 5GHz). It support cloud storage and thanks to the Ring app, you can also manage how long you want videos to be stored in the cloud.
Ring Video Doorbell 4 (2021) Key Specs
- 1080p HD video with two-way talk, Live View, Night Vision
- HDR support
- 160-degree field of view
- Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Real-time notifications
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Works with Alexa
- Advanced Motion Detection with adjustable motion zones
- Cloud storage
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4 GHz
Ring Video Doorbell 4 is a well-built smart doorbell with iconic silver faceplate and glossy black plastic upper body. This rectangular shaped doorbell has a a camera with an extra Pre-roll camera under the main lens and a microphone, while the silver bottom section holds the doorbell button, which is surrounded by an LED ring that flashes blue when the button is pressed.
There is a mounting plate attaches to the wall, with the Doorbell connecting to the plate. Two-way audio speaker at the bottom edge. The Ring Video Doorbell 4 can be hardwired into your home’s electrical system, or can run on battery power. The battery is removable for charging.
Above all, this doorbell has an overall dimension of 128mm x 62mm x 28mm, so it can sit perfectly at your door step.
Ring Video Doorbell 4 camera captures video at FHD 1080p resolution with HDR support, hence, it results in clear video, with crisp audio on both ends. The camera has 160-degree horizontal and 84-degree vertical field of view.
There is also the night vision feature which comes in handy, making it easier to see even in dark environment. This feature is monochrome, so it’s not as vibrant as the color daytime image, but, clear enough to pick out images.
Ring Video Doorbell 4 has a motion sensor which allows it to capture and record motion-triggered videos. It records up to four seconds in full color before the doorbell sends you an alert. There is also a feature which allows you to capture photos in between recordings triggered by motion detector.
This doorbell has an app which enables you to set up motion zones, so, you can prioritize your environment. With the smart alert feature, the camera sends instant alert to your phone, or laptop, when motion is detected.
You can also turn motion alerts on and off according to your schedule. With this feature, the camera will only record videos without sending an alert. You also get access to live video, to watch real-time video with live view feature.
Ring Video Doorbell 4 has a built-in two-way microphone and speakers with noise cancellation allow you to listen and respond to those at your front door. There is also a quick replies feature, like an answering machine for your doorbell, so guests can leave a message.
It also has a longer-lasting battery than its predecessor, hence, you can record and monitor your home and surroundings without worrying about the battery often.
The Ring Video Doorbell 4 works with dual-band Wi-Fi, so it works on both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz networks. There is also Ring app compatible with Android and iOS as every other Ring device. Once installed, you can control other ring devices and download videos as well as receive notifications. There are buttons to view live videos from your Ring doorbell. It allows you to forward, reverse, pause, and share the videos when necessary.
Ring Doorbell 4 also support cloud storage. This storage option attracts the payment of $3 a month for the Protect Basic plan, which gave us 60 days of cloud storage.
Overall, this device is weather-resistant device, it works in temperatures ranging from minus 5 degrees.
Ring Video Doorbell 4 Price and Availability
Ring Video Doorbell 4 (2021) price starts at $219.99. You can buy this Doorbell at reputable online stores like Amazon and leading retail chains.
Ring Video Doorbell (2021) Specs
Here are a few specs of the Ring Video Doorbell 4:
- Average install time: 5 minutes
- Dimensions: 5.1 in. x 2.4 in x 1.1 in (128mm x 62mm x 28mm)
- Colors: Satin Nickel
- Video: 1080 HD Live Video, Live View, Night Vision. Video quality for the color Pre-Roll feature is less than 1080p.
- Field of view: 160° horizontal, 84° vertical
- Motion detection: Advanced Motion Detection with Customizable Motion Zones
- Audio: Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Power: Built-in rechargeable battery or Wired
- Internet requirements: Recommended minimum upload speed of 2 Mbps per device
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi connection @ 2.4 GHz
- Operating conditions: -5°F to 120°F (-20°C to 48°C), water-resistant
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- In the Box: Video Doorbell 4, Rechargeable, Quick-Release Battery Pack, Satin Nickel Faceplate, Corner Kit, USB Charging Cable, Quick Start Guide, user manual, security sticker, installation tools and screws