One of the most popular Electric generator brands in Nigeria some years back was the Tiger brand. This is especially true for generators with power ratings below 2.5KVA (a.k.a. I Big Pass my neighbor generator). Tiger generators are still very popular with small businesses like Electricians, Beauty salons, small business centers, as well as homes and so on.
The popularity of Tiger gasoline generators and other affordable generator brands in Nigeria like Sumec Firman, ElePaq and Tigmax is helped in no small measure by the shortfall in power supply in the country, which led to erratic power supply.
Another contributing factor is that Tiger generators are affordable and fits the income profile of quite a lot of Nigerians. For example, the Tiger TG950 650VA model sells for around 25,000 Naira (around $69.00).
However, these days Tiger generators now face stiff competition from other affordable Generator brands like Sumec Firman, ElePaq and Tigmax.
Here are some popular power ratings of Tiger generators with their average prices in Nigeria. Note that prices of Tiger generators may vary depending on your location in Nigeria.
Tiger Generator Price
Prices of Original Tiger Generators in Nigeria:
- Tiger TG950 / TG1550 650VA Generator – 32,000 Naira to 55,000 Naira
- Tiger TG2700 2KVA Generator – 106,000 Naira to 155,000 Naira
- Tiger TG1850 1.2KVA Generator – 48,000 Naira to 85,000 Naira
- Tiger TG3700 2.5KVA Generator – 75,000 Naira to 105,000 Naira
- Tiger TNG2500A 2KVA Generator – 65,000 Naira to 120,000 Naira
- Tiger TNG3500A 2.5KVA Generator – 80,000 Naira to 120,000 Naira
- Tiger EC2500CX 2KVA Generator – 90,000 Naira to 140,000 Naira
- Tiger EC3800CX 2.5KVA Generator – 99,500 Naira to 140,000 Naira
- Tiger EPN4000DX 2.5KVA Generator – 80,000 Naira to 150,000 Naira
- For latest Prices Click Here
You may also be interested in Generator Price for other brands.
These power ratings are for Tiger generators rated 50Hz, which is used in Nigeria. If you are in a country with 60Hz rating, the power rating may vary. It is recommended that you do not operate your Tiger generators continuously for more than 6 hours.
You can buy Tiger generators from any market in Nigeria. However, we suggest that you buy your Tiger branded generators from Electronic shops, especially one that is an accredited dealer of an electronic brand; say LG or Samsung. Buying from such a place will guaranty that you buy generators of the highest quality.
You can also buy your Tiger Generator from reputable online stores like Jumia and Konga.
When using a Tiger generator of power rating between 450VA and 850VA in your home or business ensure that you do not overload it. When it is connected, try disconnecting any gadget that will overload it or that is not being used.
For example, appliances like electric boilers, electric iron, heaters and air conditioners are high energy consuming gadgets and hence should be switched off when using such low power Tiger generators.
Tiger TG950, which is a 650VA generator can comfortably power your TV, DVD/VCD player, one or two fans and a few lighting points. Buy energy efficient light bulbs for your Tiger generators.
Generator Related Topics
- Inverter Battery
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000E2
- Best 5KVA Inverters
- Best 5KVA Generators
- Take the stress from refuelling your generators with Siphon pumps
- Best 20KVA Generators
- Best 10KVA Generators
- Solar Inverter
- Elemax Generator
- Best 2.5KVA Generators
- Best 3.5KVA Generators
- Generators Distributors/dealers
- Generator Prices
- Sakr – Distributor GE Generators
- Buy Inverter
- Sakr for Perkins GE engine generators and so on
- Starting a Generator
- Buy Generator
- Dos & Don’ts of generators