Umidigi Z Pro offers a camera upgrade to the UMi Z. Instead of one 13 megapixels camera on the back like the Umi Z, the Umidigi Z Pro is offering two 13 megapixels rear cameras for amazing images. It is the companies first phone since the rebrand from Umi to Umidigi.
UMidigi Z Pro Key Specs & Features
- 5.5-inch IGZO Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401ppi)
- Deca-core Mediatek Helio X27 MT6797 CPU with 4GB RAM
- Android 6.0, Android 7 (Nougat) OTA Upgrade
- 32GB Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- Dual 13MP Rear Camera and 13MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE (up to 300 Mbps)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Front)
- 3780 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Display and Camera
Umidigi Z Pro looks very similar to the UMi Z. It is 8.2mm thin, weighs 175g, and built with the same aluminium alloy. One major difference in design is that the Umidigi Z Pro is only available in prime black.
Umidigi Z Pro sports a 5.5-inch IGZO Display from Sharp. The display still maintains 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The entire front is protected by Dragontrail Glass.
The major advantage of the Umidigi Z Pro over the Z has to do with the rear camera. UMidigi is dropping the single 13 megapixels Samsung S5K3L8 sensor in the UMi Z and replacing it with two 13 megapixels Sony IMX 258 sensors and 6-element lens system per sensor. The two cameras combine to give what UMidigi calls a DSLR grade camera.
The camera allows you to shoot first and focus later, which comes handy if you want to blur the background of a photo. Two cameras also means you can capture images in 3D. Like in the Z, the new camera on the Umidigi Z Pro offers both laser autofocus and phase detection autofocus. A quad-LED flash is also provided.
Umidigi is keeping things the same for the front camera. It is still the single 13 megapixels Samsung S5K3L8 sensor with a soft LED flash.
You may also be interested in the UmiDigi Z2 Pro
Hardware and Software
Umidigi Z Pro is powered by the Mediatek Helio X27, which offers a 3-cluster deca-core processor. The processor consists of two quad-core ARM-A53 CPUs clocked at up to 2.0GHz and 1.6GHz respectively and a dual-core ARM-A72 clocked at 2.6GHz. Along with the UMi Z, the Umidigi Z Pro is the first smartphone to offer Mediatek’s 2017 top of the line chipset.
Umidigi Z Pro is loaded with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box. However, as soon as you turn on the phone, you will be able to get Android 7.0 OTA update. Umidigi Z Pro has 4GB RAM and 32GB built-in storage. It also supports up to 256GB microSD memory card.
The UMidigi Z Pro supports two Nano-SIM slots with the secondary SIM also doubling as the microSD slot. It supports USB Type C, Bluetooth 4.1, a front-facing fingerprint sensor, dual-band Wi-Fi and Cat-6 LTE with download speeds of up to 300Mbps.
Like UMidigi’s 2016 linup like the Umi Plus and Umi Plus E, the LTE bands supported by the UMidigi Z Pro include the bands B1, B3, B7, and B20. This means it will still not support 4G LTE in the United States.
In Nigeria, the UMigidi Z Pro will support 4G LTE on MTN, Etisalat, NTel, Smile, and InterC, while in Ghana and Kenya you can connect via MTN and Safaricom respectively.
Pricing and Availability
Umidigi Z Pro is available at a price of around $299.99. You can buy it for $249.99 on GearBest. You can also find the smartphone at online retailers like Chinavasion, AliExpress, and Gearbest at launch.
The Umidigi Z Pro may endup selling on Jumia Nigeria as some of the older models from the company are currently being offered by an international third party seller. When that happens, Umidigi Z Pro price in Nigeria should range from 105,000 Naira and 130,000 Naira.
UMidigi Z Pro Specs
Here specs of the UMidigi Z Pro Smartphone:
- Platform: Android 7.0 (Nougat), Stock Android
- Processor: Deca-core Processor: 1.6GHz quad-core, 2.0GHz quad-core, 2.6GHz dual-core (Mediatek Helio X27 MT6797)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T880 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Prime Black
- Dimension: XX x XX x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.5-inch IGZO Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (400 ppi)
- Screen Protection: 2.5D Dragontrail Glass, Full Lamination
- Rear Camera: Dual 13 MP Camera, 2160p Ultra HD 4K Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus (Laser and PDAF), Quad-LED (quad-tone) Flash, Geo-tagging, Panorama
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera, Selfie Flash
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB (requires SIM2 slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes (VoLTE), LTE Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 20(800)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: No (download at store)
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 3780 mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-Removable)
- Standby Time: –
- Talktime: –
- Gaming Time: –
- Video Playback: –
- Music Playback: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 1 day charge in just 30 minutes, full charge in 100 mins (PE+)