Umidigi F3 5G is more or less like the Umidigi F3 with a 5G radio. It simply swaps out the Mediatek Helio P70 provided for the 4G variant for a 5G enabled Mediatek Dimensity 700 chipset. It is also the third 5G phone from Umidigi behind the Umidigi Bison GT2 5G and Bison GT2 Pro 5G. Umidigi F3 5G features a 6.7-inch display, 48MP triple rear camera, 16MP front camera, Android 12 out of the box, and a 5150 mAh battery.
Where to Buy UmiDigi F3 5G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | AliExpress – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Umidigi F3 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1650 pixels
- Android 12
- 8GB RAM
- Mediatek MT6833V Dimensity 700 (7nm) Octa-core Processor
- 48 MP + 8MP + 5 MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- Wireless FM Radio
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5150 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Umidigi F3 5G offers a similar design as the 4G model. It features the same curved matte finish, although available in just three colors (Matte Sliver, Starry Black, and Sunglow Gold) compared to five in the F3 4G.
The 4G model was also available in the three colors in addition to Hawaii Blue and Galaxy Blue. The look and feel is exactly the same with curved corners and camera bump and placement both in the front and back.
On the back, the three cameras and the dual-LED flash sits on a bump with the dual LED flash. A dewdrop notch is provided for the front facing camera. The fingerprint sensor is positioned on the power button.
This android phone also features the customizable button that is now a regular menu for Umidigi phones. We saw this customizable button in the other Umidigi F Series like the Umidigi F3, the Umidigi F3s and the Umidigi F3 SE.
The A Series models like the the Umidigi A13, the Umidigi A13s, and the A13 Pro also had the customizable button which can be programmed so the that a single click, double click, or long press will give you instant access to an app or a phone feature like turn on the flashlight.
Umidigi F3 5G has a 6.7-inch display with 720 x 1650 pixels resolution. The display is wide with 20.6:9 aspect ratio and should be great for watching movies and browsing the web.
Umidigi F3 5G sports three cameras on the back. The rear camera should offer decent quality of photography. It is similar to the camera in the 4G model.
The primary camera on the back is a 48 megapixels sensor. This Sony 48 megapixels sensor features a wide angle 6-element lens with f/1.79 aperture and 78° FoV. The sensor is supported by an 8 megapixels ultrawide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 120° FoV and a 5 megapixels macro lens with f/2.4 aperture and 80° FoV.
The rear camera features panorama, face recognition, and HDR with dual LED flash. Umidigi F3 5G features a 16 megapixels camera with f/2.2 aperture also from Sony. Both cameras can record full HD videos.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi F3 5G is powered by a Mediatek Dimensity 700 (7nm) Octa-core chipset similar to the Umidigi A13 Pro 5G, the Xiaomi Poco M4 5G and the Samsung Galaxy M13 5G. The chipset offers a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A76 and hexa-core Cortex A55 clocked at 2.2GHz and 2.0GHz respectively.
Graphics on the smartphone is handled by the Mali-G57 MC2 clocked at 950 MHz. The smartphone has 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage.
If you need additional storage, you will need to sacrifice one SIM card slot as it features a hybrid slot that supports up to 256GB microSD card.
The android phone sports a 5150 mAh battery and boasts of up to 39 hours talktime and up to 20 hours of video playback. It also supports 18W fast charging capacity.
Aside the chipset another major difference is that you get Android 12 out of the box unlike the 4G model that was launched with Android 11.
This smartphone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port and Bluetooth 5.0. You also get an FM radio with a built-in FM antenna which is now another regular and unique feature of Umidigi phones. This feature means you do not need to plug in a earphone to the headphone jack to listen to FM radio.
This affordable android phone supports 5G connectivity on both SIM slots. You also get NFC support with Google Pay
Umidigi F3 5G Price and Availability
Umidigi F3 5G price starts around $218.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Umidigi F3 5G costs about 91,900 Naira in Nigeria, 3,290 GHC in Ghana and 50,500 KES in Kenya.
The smartphone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in May, 2022.
Umidigi F3 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi F3 5G:
- Platform: Android 12 (Stock Android)
- Processor: Mediatek Dimensity 700 (7 nm) Octa-core Processor (2.2GHz dual-core Cortex A76 and 2.0GHz hexa-core Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Colours: Matte Sliver, Starry Black, Sunglow Gold
- Dimension: 168.3 x 76.6 x 8.75 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.7 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (269 ppi), 20.6:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide), f/1.8 aperture, 78° FoV + 8 MP (ultra wide), f/2.2 aperture, 120° FoV + 5MP (macro), f/2.4 aperture and 80° FoV Quad Camera, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Panorama, HDR, dual-LED Flash, AI
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, AI, f/2.2 aperture, [email protected] Videos
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB UFS 2.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256 GB via microSD card (uses hybrid slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900) – SIM 1 and SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA Band 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5( 850), 6(800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, FDD LTE bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71, TDD LTE bands 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: Yes, 5G NR Bands N1/2/3/5/7/8/20/25/28/38/40/41/66/77/78
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes, Dual 5G
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB on the Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Google Pay)
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5150 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Gaming Time: Up to 15 hours
- Video Playback: Up to 20 hours
- Talktime: Up to 39 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Charging Capacity