The Umidigi S5 Pro taps into to the top-grossing mid-range smartphone market with a very familiar package. It packs a MediaTek G90T processor, pental cameras, 18W fast charge and lots more. In this article, we explore the Umidigi S5 Pro specs and price, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy UmiDigi S5 Pro
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers
UMiDigi S5 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch AMOLED FHD+ Display, 2340 x 1080 pixels
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T Processor
- 6GB RAM
- Android 10.0
- 256GB Internal Storage, Supports Micro-SD
- 48MP + 16MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- Fast Charging
- 4680 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The design on the Umidigi S5 Pro is a share proof that UMI paid attention to the current trends. You have got a smartphone chassis design that fits into the current smartphone trend.
The Chassis design on this mobile phone comprises of elements we have seen on a lot of smartphones before the S5 Pro. In summary, you have a very familiar package.
Its rear panel is home to quad-cameras arranged in a square frame, in a manner that resembles that of the Infinix Hot 9. Aside from the rear cameras, you also have the Umidigi moniker branding, which indicates its OEM.
Upfront we have a 6.39-inch AMOLED display void of any cut-out, which is facilitated by the absence of a camera cut or notch, thanks to its pop-up camera mechanism. This display has a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels.
The Umidigi S5 Pro follows the pental camera system trend that has become very popular amongst smartphones. It houses an array of cameras with features that could help in taking creative shots.
The quad rear camera system is home to a 48MP primary camera, a 16MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP depth camera and a 5MP macro camera capable of focusing on objects as close as 2CM.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting 4k videos @ 30fps, 1080p and also 720p videos. Other features include slow-motion, steady handheld photography and lots more.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP camera, which is capable of recording 1080p and 4080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Umidigi S5 Pro is may not be the most powerful mid-range smartphone out there, however, it offers smartphone hardware capable of running a long list of tasks with micro jitters.
Powering this Android Phone is an Octa-core MediaTek helio G90T processor, which is the same processor on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. You also get an ARM Mali G76 MC4 GPU, 6GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage and a 4680mAh battery.
On the software side, you have Google’s stock interface running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Umidigi S5 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB-C port, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity on the Umidigi S5 pro is capped at 4G LTE as it isn’t a 5G enabled phone. Streaming, downloads, and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Umidigi S5 Pro Price and Availability
The Umidigi S5 Pro price starts at around $269 at leading online stores. You can buy it for around 134,000 Naira in Nigeria, 2,020 GHs in Ghana, and 36,900 KSh in Kenya.
The Umidigi S5 Pro is currently available for purchase. It comes in Cosmic black and Ocean blue.
Umidigi S5 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidgi S5 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10.0
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T (Dual-core Cortex A76 2.05GHz large core, Hexa-core Cortex A55 2.0GHz)
- GPU: ARM Mali G76 MC4
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colors: Cosmic Black, Ocean Blue
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.7 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 202g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, AMOLED Display, FHD+, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 266 PPI
- Screen Protection: No
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.79 + 16MP (Ultrawide) + 5MP (Depth) + 5MP (Macro) 2CM macro distance Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Ultra wide-angle mode, Steady handheld night photography, 4K recording, Slow motion video, AI scenes detection, Macro mode, Portrait mode, Panorama mode, HDR, AI Beautify, Ultra wide-angle edge distortion correction, Dual LED flash, Face recognition, Real-time filters, 4K, 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.0, AI Beautify, Selfie countdown, Face recognition, 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: BC0 / BC1
- 3G WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi Signal / Wi-Fi Direct / Supports Wi-Fi Display
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4680 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity