Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~85.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, MIUI 14
- Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 685 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 33W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 features a modern and sleek design with a curved corners. It has polycarbonate body with matte finish that offers a good in-hand feel. The android phone measures a dimension of 165.7 x 76 x 7.9 mm and weigh 183.5 g.
The front is dominated by a 6.67in screen, with very thin bezels all the way around it. Although the chin has a slightly thicker bezel, it still gives a comfortable grip at hand. Likewise, there is a pinhole notch at the center top of the display. The glass is smudge and fingerprint resistant.
Flip over, there is a smooth, curve plastic back, which feels nice in the hand. The Redmi Note 12 4G also has a rectangular camera module on the back that houses a triple-camera setup. This camera array is neatly arranged in the top left-hand corner. It also includes the LED flash sitting beside the camera lens. The Redmi Note 12 comes in multiple color options, including Onyx Gray, Mint Green, and Ice Blue
On the right side of the device, you will find the power button and the volume rocker. The phone also features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that is integrated into the power button for added convenience. There is also the 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB-C slot.
One of the major upgrades of the Redmi Note 12 4G over the Redmi Note 10 is the display feature. The display screen has been upgraded to 6.67 inches from the 6.43-inch of last year. It is based on an AMOLED display panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display also has a pixel density of 395 pixels per inch (PPI) and a typical brightness of 450 nits.
However, the display can also reach a brightness level of up to 700 nits at High Brightness Mode (HBM) and a peak brightness of 1200 nits which enables HDR+ content.
Additionally, the display supports a 120Hz refresh rate, which offers a smoother scrolling and better overall visual experience compared to the standard 90 Hz or 60Hz refresh rate. The phone also features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, which helps to protect the display from scratches and minor drops.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G comes with a triple-lens rear camera made up of a 50MP wide lens, an 8MP ultrawide lens, and 2MP macro lens. On the front, there’s a single 13MP wide lens which is good enough for selfie shots and video calls.
The 50MP primary camera uses the Samsung S5KJN1 sensor which features f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.76″ size and 0.64 µm individual pixels. It offers phase detection autofocus (PDAF), and OIS which helps reduce blurriness and other visual distortions that can occur due to shaky hands, moving subjects, or other factors.
Furthermore, the Redmi Note 12 8MP ultra-wide camera f/2.2 aperture, which helps capture good quality images in low-light conditions. It also has a 120˚ angle for capturing landscapes, 1/4″ size and 1.12µm individual pixel for clean, and clear shot. The 2MP macro camera, although small has f/2.4 aperture to capture images of small objects with a high level of detail.
The 13MP front camera uses the Samsung S5K3L6 sensor with f/2.5 aperture. Hence, it is capable of capturing relatively detailed photos with a moderate aperture and a wide field of view
Hardware and Software
Under the hood you get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 685 processor for efficient performance. The Snapdragon 685 is a high-end mobile processor built on a 6nm process. It features an octa-core Cortex-A73 CPU with a clock speed of up to 2.8 GHz and another four Cortex-A53 core clocked at 1.9 GHz along with an Adreno 610 GPU for graphics processing.
Additionally, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage option, which is more than enough for most users. There is also support for microSD for expansion of the storage.
This phone also comes with a large 5000 mAh battery that can last for a full day of heavy usage. It comes with a 33W wired charger from to box which according to the company can offer up to 61% in 30 min charge.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G also runs on the latest versions of the popular Android operating system based on the MIUI user interface. This OS brings a number of new features and improvements including new gesture navigation system and new design language.
Above all, Redmi Note 12 4G offers a great range of connectivity options including 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and GPS. The Redmi Note device also has a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G price starts at between $ 181.00 / € 249.00 / £ 244.54/ ₹17,999. The Redmi Note 12 4G price ranges from about ₦116,500 to ₦195,000 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced on March, 2023 and became available for purchase in March, 2023.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 4G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12:
- Platform: Android 12, MIUI 14 (International), MIUI 13 (India)
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 685 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 and 1.9 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Onyx Gray, Mint Green, Ice Blue
- Dimension: 165.7 x 76 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 183.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, 450 nits (typ), 700 nits (HBM), 1200 nits (peak) Brightness, ~85.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide), 120˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro) Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone Flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera (wide), f/2.5, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity