The Xiaomi Black Shark 3s offers a package that is slightly more powerful than the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 and slightly less powerful than what the top of the line Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro offers. In summary, you have got a capable gaming smartphone with a price tag that’s way cheaper than most smartphones in this Android gaming smartphone category.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark 3s
Xiaomi Black Shark 3s Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate(395 PPI)
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 13MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under display, Optical)
- Fast Charging (65W Capacity)
- Magnetic charging 18W
- 4729 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Black shark 3s bears the exact same design as it is more premium and its lesser premium sibling, so much so that only enthusiasts who have good knowledge about the color options available would be able to differentiate the trio of smartphones.
Speaking of color options. you have got dual options. It either you opt for Sky Cloud Black or crystal blue. This could end up being a dilemma for enthusiasts who do not fancy any of the color options.
The fact that you are getting the same deal on design, means you will be settling for a familiar gaming smartphone design, which in my opinion is a bit more subtle when compared to the likes of the Lenovo Legion Duel.
The rear of the Black shark 3s is home to two upside-down triangle modules, with the shark logo sitting in the middle. The top module house a trio of cameras and an LED flash. While the lower module houses the magnetic charging connector.
upfront we have got a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 1080 x 2400 resolution, HDR10+ support, a density of 395 PPI, and 120Hz refresh rate, which is way more than the 90Hz refresh rate on the standard black shark 3.
The Build on here comprises of glass upfront, aluminum on the rear, and aluminum on the frame. please note that the Xiaomi Black shark 3s isn’t waterproof, you should totally avoid submerging it in water.
The Xiaomi Black shark 3s bears the same cameras we saw on its more premium sibling and as well as its lets premium sibling. Its the same triple cameras on the rear and the same single camera up front for selfies.
Its rear camera setup comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.3 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
Selfies are manned by a single 20MP front camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps. It also offers HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Black shark 3s may not totally be a contender to the likes of the Asus Rog Phone 3, but it certainly packs a very solid hardware package capable of giving a smooth gaming experience.
Under the hood, is an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, an Adreno 650 graphics processing unit, 12GB of RAM, 128GB / 256GB internal storage, and a non-removable 4729 mAh Li-Po Battery, alongside a 65W fast wired fast charge capacity and an 18W magnetic charge mechanism.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Black Shark 3s runs its interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Black shark 3s features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB type-c port, Bluetooth 5.1 dual-band wifi, and lots more.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can stream, download, and upload at 5G speed provided they are in an area with 5G reception.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3S Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Black Shark 3S is around $713, which translates to 274,534 Naira in Nigeria, 76,969 Kenyan shillings, and 4,102 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Black shark 3s was announced on July 31st, 2020, and is expected to be available for purchase from August 4th, 2020.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Black Shark 3s:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 12GB
- Colors: Sky Cloud Black, Crystal Blue
- Dimension: 168.7 x 77.3 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 222 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 13MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3 + 5MP (Depth) f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, (Wide), HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo Speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes,(Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: non-removable 4729 mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 65W