Samsung Galaxy A14 is one of the most affordable Galaxy phones from the South Korean tech giant. It is the 4G variant of the Galaxy A14 5G and an upgrade of last year’s Galaxy A13 budget smartphone. Although Galaxy A14 looks similar to its 5G sibling, it offers lower specifications features including impressive design with 6.6-inch HD+ display, a triple-camera setup and powered by a Mediatek MT6769 Helio G80 processor, coupled with up to 6GB of RAM and Android 13 out of the box. The device also features a large 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A14
Samsung Galaxy A14 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), ~80.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, One UI Core 5
- Mediatek MT6769 Helio G80 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 5 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 15W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
The Samsung Galaxy A14 sports a similar design to the newly launched Galaxy S23 high end device by Samsung. It has a clean and minimalistic design made of glass front, plastic back, and plastic frame. With a flat back, textured finish and curved edges, this device looks premium and feels comfortable on hand.
Furthermore, the Galaxy A14 4G has a large screen with thin bezel on the sides and top, but a slightly thicker bezel at the bottom. The top bezel host the waterdrop notch for from facing camera.
While the Galaxy A14 5G’s back panel has a concentric circle pattern, the Galaxy A14 4G has a brushed metal finish, which is quite impressive and stylish. In addition, the three standalone camera rings are positioned at the top left corner at the back of the device with the flash LED accompanying it at the side.
The A14 4G packs a speaker grill, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port at the bottom edge. While on the right side of the phone sits the power button and volume rocker. The power button doubles as the fingerprint sensor for security. On the left there is the SIM tray, and microSD card slot.
Samsung Galaxy A14 packs a 6.6-inch FHD+ display built on the IPS LCD display panel and 400 ppi (pixels per inch) density. The 1080 x 2408 pixels provides a high level of detail and sharpness for activities such as watching videos, browsing the web, and gaming. This display also offers an aspect ratio of 20:9, which is a relatively tall with narrow screen bezels.
Compared to the 90Hz refresh rate on the 5G variant, the Galaxy A14 has 60Hz screen refresh rate which result in a smoother and more responsive display. This can be especially noticeable when scrolling through web pages, social media feeds, or playing games. Furthermore, the display colours look vibrant, while the details are sharp and crisp.
The A14 4G’s camera setup is basic: there’s a 50-megapixel main camera with f/1.8 lens coupled with a 5-megapixel Ultra wide sensor to replace the 2MP depth sensor on the 5G variant and 2-megapixel macro sensors. Although the main camera did not have an optical zoom but with the with PDAF, and digital zoom, it performs the perfect function of capturing details, while the HDR processing enhanced camera capabilities.
The Ultrawide sensor is also quick to focus and capture wider angle images, while the macro sensor works in hand-in-hand with the primary shooter to capture the smallest of detail.
On the front camera side, there is a 13MP camera sensor that captures fine images. It also has a wide f/2.2 aperture, which helps to capture more light in low-light conditions, resulting in brighter and clearer selfies.
The front camera also supports features such as Live Focus, which allows users to adjust the background blur in real-time before taking a photo, and Beauty Mode, which helps to smooth out skin tones and blemishes for a more polished look.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy A14 is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 processor. This budget-friendly chips are octa-core processor built on with a 12nm manufacturing process.
It has two fast ARM Cortex-A75 cores with up to 2 GHz for performance tasks and six small ARM Cortex-A55 with up to 1.8 GHz for efficiency which provides plenty of power for everyday use and light gaming. The android phone also comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, which can be expanded up to 1TB via a microSD card.
Furthemore, this phone runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, version 13. This version of the OS offers a range of features and capabilities that make it an attractive option for users. The Android 13 offers improved performance, improved battery life, and a range of new features and capabilities that make it a great choice for those who want a high-end smartphone experience.
The Samsung Galaxy A14 has a 5,000 mAh battery, which is more than enough to get you through the day. It also supports 15W fast charging, so you can quickly top up your device when needed.
Samsung Galaxy A14 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A14 price starts at $159 / € 150 / ₹13,999 at leading online stores. The Galaxy A14 4G costs ₦109,000 in Nigeria, 2100 GHC in Ghana, 7,300 EGP in Egypt, and 21,990 KES in Kenya.
The affordable android phone was announced on February 2023 and was available for purchase in March 2023.
Samsung Galaxy A14 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A14:
- Platform: Android 13, One UI Core 5
- Processor: Mediatek MT6769 Helio G80 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.0 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Dark Red, Silver, Green
- Dimension: 167.7 x 78 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 201 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio, ~80.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 5 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2 + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP (wide), f/2.2 Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual sim model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity