Samsung Galaxy F14 is the newest addition to the company’s F-series lineup and an upgrade of last year’s Galaxy F13 model. It features impressive features including a 6.6 inches FHD+ screen, an octa-core chipset, a 50MP dual rear camera setup, a 6,000 mAh battery, and 128GB/6GB RAM.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy F14
Samsung Galaxy F14 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), ~81.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, One UI Core 5.1
- Exynos 1330 (5nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) Dual Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G support
- 25W Fast Charging
- 6000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy F14 is a remarkable phone that boasts a stunning body built. Its sleek and simple design is made possible by the use of plastic and glass materials. This phone is also incredibly slim and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
The front has a large 6.6-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels and a waterdrop notch at the top for the front-facing camera. It has slim bezels around the display but a slightly thicker bezel at the bottom. Therefore, it has a screen-to-body ratio of around 81.5%, providing an immersive viewing experience.
This display also has a 20:9 aspect ratio, which provides an immersive viewing experience, and a pixel density of approximately 405 pixels per inch.
The 90Hz refresh rate ensures smooth and fluid scrolling and animations, which makes for a more enjoyable user experience. The display is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which helps to prevent scratches and damage from everyday use.
The plastic back panel of the Galaxy F14 has a textured finish that provides a good grip. It has a dual-camera setup on the top left corner, arranged in a vertical module. The camera module protrudes slightly from the back of the phone.
On the sides, there are various buttons for functionality. There is a fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button for easy access. Furthermore, this device also has a SIM slot, USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer and a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio output. The Samsung Galaxy F14 comes in three color options: Black, Green, and Purple.
Compare to Galaxy F13, the Samsung F14 featuring one less camera, hence we have a dual camera setup at the back. These consist of a 50 MP main lens with f/1 8 aperture and a 2MP macro sensor with an LED flash.
The Samsung Galaxy F14 features PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) on its 50 MP wide camera. PDAF helps the camera to quickly and accurately focus on the subject, resulting in sharper and more detailed photos. This feature is particularly useful when capturing fast-moving subjects or in low light conditions where the camera may have difficulty focusing.
For the macro camera, there is a 2 MP sensor which is used for capturing close-up shots of small subjects, making it useful for capturing the smallest and thinnest scene
On the front, the phone has an 13 MP camera for selfies and video calls. The camera system on the Samsung Galaxy F14 offers good features and capabilities for a mid-range smartphone
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy F14 is powered by the Exynos 1330 SoC just like the Galaxy A14. This octa-core chipset features two Arm Cortex-A78 core clocked at 2.4GHz, and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0Ghz. This design is optimized for power efficiency and performance, allowing the processor to deliver high-performance computing while still being energy efficient.
Furthermore, the SoC work alongside a Mali-G68 MP2 GPU for graphic processing. It also supports up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage which is expandable using the microSD.
The Samsung Galaxy F14 runs on the latest Android 13 operating system with One UI 5.1. The android phone comes with Samsung Knox security, which provides enhanced protection for your data. It also has support for face recognition, which allows you to unlock your phone with just a glance.
The affordable android phone has Dolby Atmos audio technology, which enhances the audio experience. Other features of the device include Samsung Health app, Samsung Pay, and Samsung Knox security.
Additionally, the Galaxy F14 has a 6,000mAh battery, which easily lasted for a day for me between charges. It also supports 25W for fast charging.
For connectivity, this Samsung phone supports Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC and GPS, making it a well-rounded solution for high-end smartphones. There is also the USB Type-C 2.0 for charging and transfers.
Samsung Galaxy F14 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy F14 price starts at $ 191.00 / € 180.00 / £ 160 / ₹15,600 and about ₦86,100 to ₦120,000 in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy F14 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F14:
- Platform: Android 13, One UI Core 5.1
- Processor: Exynos 1330 (5nm) Octa Core Processor (2.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A78 & 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MP2
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Green, Purple
- Dimension: 166.8 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.6 inch PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, ~81.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, , 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes FM radio, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: –
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity